VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 06-15-2015

I bought Fortune Street.
It's really fun. But, considering its a board game with Mario and Dragon Quest characters,I figured it would be good if not for the "what in the world why did they make this" effect.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:36 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I bought Fortune Street.
It's really fun.  But, considering its a board game with Mario and Dragon Quest characters,I figured it would be good if not for the "what in the world why did they make this" effect.

I would have bought the game, but I remimbered that I don't like Monopoly and that's what the game is, exapt more fun if fans are to be believed.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 06-15-2015

http://kotaku.com/very-early-screenshots-of-world-of-warcraft-1711350152?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Early WoW.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Zaliphone - 06-16-2015

I'm super excited from a ton of games they showed at E3 so far. The Last Guardian, Battlefront, Final Fantasy 7 remake, Metal Gear Solid V, Fallout 4, and Uncharted. That Xbox Elite controller also looks really intriguing, and the Xbone has some appeal to me now that they've announced backwards compatibility with the 360. The Minecraft Hololens demo seriously impressed me.

I'm just hoping that Square Enix shows off some Kingdom Hearts 3 today.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - JiraiyaSennin - 06-16-2015

I can safely say Nintendo is making me feel like more and more of an idiot for buying the Wii U. That Digital Event left a sour taste in my mouth. They gave us a an Animal Crossing with a Mario Party skin and a Metroid game for the 3DS that no one asked for, of course they showed Whooly World, but we already know what the game is about. The only 2 things that got any of my interest were Star Fox Zero and Mario Tennis. The other stuff was either info we already knew about or it was for the 3DS which does not make me feel great about owning a Wii U this year.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 06-16-2015

^

It's true. Nintendo dropped the ball this year and are totally out of touch with what their fans want. I have an odd feeling they're trying to just make us hate them for a while and then release the NX with very good games and then make us think they're the best thing ever. I mean, if they actually made a new Metroid, F-Zero and such for the NX and announced it at the same time, we'd say they're saviours of gaming once again.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 06-16-2015

Honestly, I enjoyed the Nintendo one more than the Squenix one, but Squenix has more to offer.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 06-16-2015

Nintendo:
[Image: FuTVCykc_400x400.jpeg]

I've never seen a company stuck in it's own bubble before like Nintendo is.
1) Throw out another Star Fox. But not made by Platinum with force Gyroscope controls
2) Wooly World looks interesting. But I'm not excited for it or consider it a day 1 buy.
3) No Wii U/3DS Apps firmware updates
4) No F-zero
5) No Metroid
6) No Zelda Wii U (WTF)?
7) No Pokemon Z
8) No new IP but instead throwing out the same stuff we've seen.
9) No mention of a single indie title or indie support
10) No Wii U updates/upgrades
11) Didn't even feel like Mario's 30th but OK
12) It's probably me but I'm not feeling the hype behind Mario Maker. Much like Splatoon, this hype feels incredible forced and marketed rather than people actually want it. It's more of Nintendo forcing it onto us.
13) Only good thing was Amiibos. That's only for me since I'm willing to keep up my collection too but I'm already bracing for the Amiibo pre-order rush.
14) Third Party if officially dead. No mention of new Third Party titles. No mention of upcoming Third Party titles (Devils Third etc). No mention of Third Party support
15) Xenoblade X coming out in December, 8 months after Japan has already had it. Why?
16) Hyrule Warriors looks awesome
17) No mention of Amiibo support to help with supply/demand issues
18) Nothing about the eShop
19) A Zelda Title on 3DS that looks very underwhelming
20) Atlus games looks alright I guess.
21) (Rehash) Throw out a Mario RPG No-one asked for
22) (Forced Relevance) Throw out a Zelda spin-off no-one asked for
23) (New IP playing it safe) Throw out a new Fire Emblem game but don't call it Fire Emblem no-one asked for
24) (Why) Throw out 2 Animal Crossing spin-offs no-one ask for.
25) (Trying to stay relevant) Throw out two Metroid Spin-off titles no-one asked for
26) Nothing about current Wii U title support (Even just released games like Splatoon).
27) [Bring back random Mario Sports title]

I shit on Nintendo a lot, and by no means is this a terrible Nintendo E3 Direct but man....man I dunno how anyone can't think the Wii U/Third Party/Original Titles are dead. Very strong word "dead" but I saw nothing that makes me think Nintendo aren't willing to leave the Nintendo bubble but only continue to stay inside it. 

Nintendo NX and new Amiibos have my interest but that's it. 

Sony and Microsoft really set the bar high and delivered.

(06-16-2015, 12:48 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: I can safely say Nintendo is making me feel like more and more of an idiot for buying the Wii U. That Digital Event left a sour taste in my mouth. They gave us a an Animal Crossing with a Mario Party skin and a Metroid game for the 3DS that no one asked for, of course they showed Whooly World, but we already know what the game is about. The only 2 things that got any of my interest were Star Fox Zero and Mario Tennis. The other stuff was either info we already knew about or it was for the 3DS which does not make me feel great about owning a Wii U this year.

Gonna be honest...I knew full when I bought the Wii U in October 2014(For Bayonetta) that the console was going to die soon. But I needed that Bayonetta fix. I'm fine if the Wii U fades into obscurity, the system had so much potential......if it was 2005.
(06-16-2015, 02:19 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

It's true. Nintendo dropped the ball this year and are totally out of touch with what their fans want. I have an odd feeling they're trying to just make us hate them for a while and then release the NX with very good games and then make us think they're the best thing ever. I mean, if they actually made a new Metroid, F-Zero and such for the NX and announced it at the same time, we'd say they're saviours of gaming once again.
Pretty much. I think Nintendo(insanely huge speculation from some random forum scrub with no inside industry knowledge) are holding off the big titles for the Nintendo NX. Zelda is their last major title for the Wii U and then we'll see the NX as the Nintendo Core System.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - RepentantSky - 06-17-2015

6) No Zelda Wii U (WTF)?
15) Xenoblade X coming out in December, 8 months after Japan has already had it. Why?

These 4 things left on your list, I'm calling bullshit on all of them.

Point 6, we already knew that was happening. If you paid enough attention to news, I'm sure you would have heard that, a long time ago.

Point 8. It's Nintendo. Splatoon is the first new IP in a longer time than nearly half of Nintendo's fanbase has cared or even been alive. It's expected so I don't see any point in complaining about it now. Also, Yo-kai watch is basically a new IP for the west.

Point 15. Seriously? You are complaining about 8 months? Really, have we become that whiny? Yo-kai watch is going to be over two years old when it releases on 3DS in the West. Most Tales games are at least a year apart from release. J Stars Victory VS will be 13 months old before we get it. By typical standards, 8 months is an incredibly small wait time. Japan is increasing how fast it gets things over here in most cases. Be happy about it and you just might help encourage them to try and get it done even faster. It's also better to wait and have the thing working with a proper translation, rather than have them rush it and make mistakes. Furthermore, a December release date has been predicted for Chronicles X for most of the year, so it really lines up with everyone's predictions, that should be enough.

Point 21. Most Mario and Luigi games are good, most Paper Mario games are good, so by standards, this ought to be at least great. Give it a chance before you get so negative. I call BS on no one wanting this either. I've seen a lot of videos from people already saying this was the highlight of the conference for them, in a time where Star Fox and Chronicles X are getting release windows and dates. That means a lot of people want it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 06-19-2015

(06-16-2015, 04:35 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: 4) No F-zero
5) No Metroid
9) No mention of a single indie title or indie support
10) No Wii U updates/upgrades
11) Didn't even feel like Mario's 30th but OK
12) It's probably me but I'm not feeling the hype behind Mario Maker. Much like Splatoon, this hype feels incredible forced and marketed rather than people actually want it. It's more of Nintendo forcing it onto us.
14) Third Party if officially dead. No mention of new Third Party titles. No mention of upcoming Third Party titles (Devils Third etc). No mention of Third Party support
22) (Forced Relevance) Throw out a Zelda spin-off no-one asked for
25) (Trying to stay relevant) Throw out two Metroid Spin-off titles no-one asked for.
4 & 5) Nintendo has proven that they don't like these series and they were alive just because the fans liked them. Also, we did get a new Metroid.
8 & 9) It's Nintendo. They don't do these things very much any more.
10) I'm not surprised any more. I think Nintendo want's to drop out of the console race just to focus on the Handhelds.
11) It's almost like 25th. All we need now is a lackluster rehash of a collection to make it complete. Can we count Mario Maker as said rehash?
12) Since it looks like Kaizo Mario if Nintendo made it and was marketed that way, I'm going to say this answer my question. This thing never sounded appealing to me.
14) The Wii U is hard to develop for, so this also doesn't not surprise me. What does is that there are still games made by Third parties for the thing.
15) Ever hear of Operation Rainfall? It's the reason we got Xenoblade Chronicles (1 year 10 months later), The Last Story (1 year 8 months), and Pandora's Tower (1 year 11 months) at all. Just be lucky that we're getting it at all.
21) I did. I love the Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario games.
22) Everyone asked for it. If you think no one did, you're lying to yourself.
25) See point 5. Also, trying to stay relevant? More like making a new game and slapping Metriod Prime on it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 06-19-2015

(06-17-2015, 05:43 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: These 4 things left on your list, I'm calling bullshit on all of them.
-To be honest yeah that was stupid of me to bring up Zelda when Nintendo clearly stated it won't be at E3. I just forgot.
-Yo-kai isn't a Nintendo new Nintendo IP regardless of release location. 
-As for Xenoblade it is is a legitmate complaint. Again, Nintendo living in their Nintendo bubble from '95 where they think it's OK to release a game nearly a year after Japan much like they did with Pokemon in '95. They should've been working on the translation right away. What makes it worse is that the Wii U is region locked so we're forced to wait. I've played through many JRPGs in Japanese and would happily do the same with Xenoblade. What benefit to you is there for a game not coming out sooner? 
- I love the Mario RPG series but was there any need for this? It's Nintendo just making random spin-off titles based on their games and themes. I'm sure it'll be fun but it proves Nintendo have little to no originality anymore or even know who their audience is at this point. Seen it and played it all before.

(06-19-2015, 01:22 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: 15) Ever hear of Operation Rainfall? It's the reason we got Xenoblade Chronicles (1 year 10 months later), The Last Story (1 year 8 months), and Pandora's Tower (1 year 11 months) at all. Just be lucky that we're getting it at all.
25) See point 5. Also, trying to stay relevant? More like making a new game and slapping Metriod Prime on it.

- Operation Rainfall doesn't apply to me since they originally came out in the EU. That being said, the phrase "Just be lucky that we're getting it at all" doesn't benefit you in anyway. You shouldn't be thankful that in order to get a 'mutli-billion dollar company that is happily throwing out generic titles to get a game to you' would require 100,000+ of signatures to be sent to them. Not to mention the game was in English anyway. It's like me saying to you, "it doesn't matter that you paid full price for a video game that is incredibly broken, buggy and has content cut and repackaged, just be thankful it's out". Or "It doesn't matter that were served the wrong food at a restaurant, just be thankful you even have food to begin with". I'm glad X exists, but I'm not going to accept that long delays and region locking are OK in 2015, especially when the competition never have this issue. We're the consumer, we don't have to be thankful for bad and dumb business practices.
-Hardly anyone I know or can think of asked for a Zelda game wanted this. Hyrule Warriors looks fun, but the other one. Why? Again, more random spin-offs based on Nintendo characters.
- This is a topic changer but also related.
Check this out
This is a petition to stop the Metroid game from being made. It already has 17000+ signatures to stop it from existing. Even though I find it hilarious., it's also incredibly pathetic and insulting to the developers.
It's where I differentiate myself from douchebags who sign this kind of thing. I may not want any of the shit Nintendo seem to be shoveling, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist just so I'm happy. I just won't buy it. But the people who sign this don't even want the games to be made. Games they have no interest in.
Nintendo fanbase...I don't get 'em.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - gamemaster1991 - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 04:12 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 01:22 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: 15) Ever hear of Operation Rainfall? It's the reason we got Xenoblade Chronicles (1 year 10 months later), The Last Story (1 year 8 months), and Pandora's Tower (1 year 11 months) at all. Just be lucky that we're getting it at all.

- Operation Rainfall doesn't apply to me since they originally came out in the EU. That being said, the phrase "Just be lucky that we're getting it at all" doesn't benefit you in anyway. You shouldn't be thankful that in order to get a 'mutli-billion dollar company that is happily throwing out generic titles to get a game to you' would require 100,000+ of signatures to be sent to them. Not to mention the game was in English anyway. It's like me saying to you, "it doesn't matter that you paid full price for a video game that is incredibly broken, buggy and has content cut and repackaged, just be thankful it's out". Or "It doesn't matter that were served the wrong food at a restaurant, just be thankful you even have food to begin with". I'm glad X exists, but I'm not going to accept that long delays and region locking are OK in 2015, especially when the competition never have this issue. We're the consumer, we don't have to be thankful for bad and dumb business practices.
-Hardly anyone I know or can think of asked for a Zelda game wanted this. Hyrule Warriors looks fun, but the other one. Why? Again, more random spin-offs based on Nintendo characters.
- This is a topic changer but also related.
Check this out
This is a petition to stop the Metroid game from being made. It already has 17000+ signatures to stop it from existing. Even though I find it hilarious., it's also incredibly pathetic and insulting to the developers.
It's where I differentiate myself from douchebags who sign this kind of thing. I may not want any of the shit Nintendo seem to be shoveling, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist just so I'm happy. I just won't buy it. But the people who sign this don't even want the games to be made. Games they have no interest in.
Nintendo fanbase...I don't get 'em.

First off, I'm not taking about Duke Nukem Forever. My point was that we are getting Xenoblade at all. We (both Pal and US) could have just ended up with ANOTHER JRPG stuck in Japan. Dragon Quest is one of those that I know has a fan base over here but Enix wants to keep in Japan for what ever reason. I have heard many people complain that we will most likly not be getting Theatrhythm Dragon Quest or Dragon Quest Heroes becuse Enix hates foreign fans.

Second, a "sequel" to four swords (as much as a link between worlds was a sequel) is something that I have hearing about from a few of the fans. I never got it but the request was there.

Lastly, I am ok with this. The game looks nothing like Metriod, will not have the loneliness of most Metriods, and will most likely feel like your playing a new IP with Metriod enemies in it. I feel that canceling this will be the best idea.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 06-19-2015

Canceling a game just because it looks different is a terrible idea. I just don't get the concept of hate towards that. I mean, I'd probably be ticked off if a F-Zero cart racer was released, but at least it would be F-Zero.
Consider that a music artist can be praised for changing their style. A movie director can make films in many different genres without any issues. If you don't support the move, you don't buy the product, that simple. Why a game series can't change without getting people so angry is a bit of a mystery.
(BTW, there have been game series that I didn't support a change in. I just didn't buy the game, not start a freaking petition).

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Furo - 06-19-2015

Quote:Lastly, I am ok with this. The game looks nothing like Metriod, will not have the loneliness of most Metriods, and will most likely feel like your playing a new IP with Metriod enemies in it. I feel that canceling this will be the best idea.
You do realize that cancelling the game would make things, worse, right? I'll be the first to admit I don't like the game from what i'm seeing at all but cancelling the game because it doesn't fit to the "fan's" standards is really just incredibly petty.
Not to mention that Nintendo would take it as people not wanting a Metroid game at all, And lastly that's it's kinda sorta disrespectful to the devs that are more or less putting their heart in soul into making this game release.
It's just a No-Win situation with cancelling the game.
Kind of disappointing.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 06-19-2015

Got my little bro to play Chrono Cross and my sis to start Xenoverse playthrough. If it wasn't so late, I'd buy a lottery ticket.