VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 11:28 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Skies of Arcadia was released 15 years ago today.

Here's hoping for a sequel/HD port.

Eternal cameos in other non-aviary war games!

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 10-06-2015

(10-05-2015, 11:28 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Skies of Arcadia was released 15 years ago today.

Here's hoping for a sequel/HD port.

For iOS with Microtransactions. Vyse has a stamina that needs to refill. Published by EA.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 10-06-2015

^

brb killing self

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 10-06-2015

(10-06-2015, 08:56 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

brb killing self

With the bonus Vyse's vice dlc, you too can experience his inner turmoil of not being able to pilot a plane again.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 10-06-2015

So there was a video game pub quiz at my local uni's pub.

It was pretty difficult, but our rag tag team of four random people in the bar I had just met won by 1 point.

Honestly, it was all me and the table behind us was legit cheating and trying to steal glances at our answers. The only question I didn't know were about Sports, E-Sports and Final Fantasy.

Still, got a £10 Game Gift Card out of it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 10-06-2015

(10-06-2015, 07:38 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: So there was a video game pub quiz at my local uni's pub.

It was pretty difficult, but our rag tag team of four random people in the bar I had just met won by 1 point.

Honestly, it was all me and the table behind us was legit cheating and trying to steal glances at our answers. The only question I didn't know were about Sports, E-Sports and Final Fantasy.

It's so frustrating when you're trying to win legit, and others cheat. How are you supposed to enjoy your victory, you scum ? Great you won, but you ruined the fun of everyone involved.

I'm also very bitter towards stupid quizmasters who won't change their minds, even if their answer is wrong.
Screw you, quizmaster in the Queslett. (Bearing in mind this was in 2007) The last olympic games to be held in Asia was not flippin' Seoul, in 1988. It was Nagano, 1998. 
We lost by the two points we would have obtained from that answer. Hnnnggggggggg

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Melcadrien - 10-06-2015

Probably best to stick with Jack games, I guess? I know that they have been releasing content consistently.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 10-07-2015

(10-06-2015, 07:48 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(10-06-2015, 07:38 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: So there was a video game pub quiz at my local uni's pub.

It's so frustrating when you're trying to win legit, and others cheat. How are you supposed to enjoy your victory, you scum ? Great you won, but you ruined the fun of everyone involved.

I'm also very bitter towards stupid quizmasters who won't change their minds, even if their answer is wrong.
Screw you, quizmaster in the Queslett. (Bearing in mind this was in 2007) The last olympic games to be held in Asia was not flippin' Seoul, in 1988. It was Nagano, 1998. 
We lost by the two points we would have obtained from that answer. Hnnnggggggggg

One of the questions was about Halo 2 and went like this.

"What is the secret weapon you can get in Halo 2 on mission 2."

So I was about to write Scarab Gun since it's the only secret weapon in the game, but then I noticed he wrote "mission 2" and Mission 2 is the mission where you can find a Thunderstorm Skull hidden during a small section of gameplay. Technically skulls are weapons so I naturally thought it was that.

Fast forward to the answer, it turned out to be the Scarab Gun, and I'm getting pissed because I'm saying Mission 2 is not Outskirts (the 4th mission) but TECHNICALLY it's the second "mission" you play as the first mission is a cutscene, and the second mission is a cutscene with a bit of gameplay.

That question really pissed me off, and I still got it wrong even though I knew the answer but it was worded so annoyingly.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 08:57 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(10-06-2015, 07:48 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:

One of the questions was about Halo 2 and went like this.

"What is the secret weapon you can get in Halo 2 on mission 2."

So I was about to write Scarab Gun since it's the only secret weapon in the game, but then I noticed he wrote "mission 2" and Mission 2 is the mission where you can find a Thunderstorm Skull hidden during a small section of gameplay. Technically skulls are weapons so I naturally thought it was that.

Fast forward to the answer, it turned out to be the Scarab Gun, and I'm getting pissed because I'm saying Mission 2 is not Outskirts (the 4th mission) but TECHNICALLY it's the second "mission" you play as the first mission is a cutscene, and the second mission is a cutscene with a bit of gameplay.

That question really pissed me off, and I still got it wrong even though I knew the answer but it was worded so annoyingly.

Just reading that made my blood boil. Pub quizzes are a ruthless and cruel practice.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 10-07-2015

I once did a quiz at a small joint in Ohio where some guy that had no life apparently had played it so much that he memorized every answer to every question... It was my first time attempting the stupid little quiz games

AND I BEAT HIM. I got more points than him by being faster on the trigger, while somehow knowing every question except one... Which was the game's fault. The question was "Which of these 60s bands is considered to be the first punk act by some (multiple choice)
The Who
The Stooges
The Ramones
Blondie

Ok, so I immediately think: Cross out Blondie and The Ramones, started in the 70s. The Who is referred to by many as proto punk, as is The Stooges. However, The Stooges are much closer to what became known as the punk style despite being proto-punk/hard rock, so my choice was clearly The Stooges.
The answer the game gave: The Ramones. THE BLOODY RAMONES. WHO FORMED IN 1974!!! NOT THE 60s!!!! I nearly threw objects at walls.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Takahashi2212 - 10-08-2015

Just submitted the entirety of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 sound files to the Sounds Resource.

60 pending submissions. Hope this doesn't make someone's job a living hell.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 10-08-2015

I know that feeling a little too well. I usually binge trivia on nights I can't sleep and that leads to a few days where the person going through it and I gotta wonder what I was thinking.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 10-10-2015

Reading through Dorkly articles. They made a list of "Weird-Ass New Vegas Mods". One of them just corrects the character's posture...

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 10-10-2015

I had no idea the steam community market is similar to the stock market.

I got a new invasion crate, and sold it for the current rate of £2.69. 10 minutes later they're being sold for £3.00.

Such a shame, but to be honest. The tickets for the campaign cost £1.29 a piece, so I've already made the money back.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 10-10-2015

No joke man, when Xenoverse came out, I got a card worth $5.50. Its price had been pretty stable until the steam sale when it dropped to $3.19. Xenoverse cards are generally twice the value of normal ones anyway.