VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 10-24-2015

(10-23-2015, 09:43 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I entered a skull girls tournament. My left hand is numb.

At SGDQ, I roomed with a fellow who speed runs and was top 4 at EVO in Skullgirls. I learned more than I ever thought I would about that game.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 10-24-2015

The guy I lost to ended up in the semi-finals so I don't feel bad at all about it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SamuraiGaiden - 10-25-2015

When Street Fighter IV was first released my buddy and I joined a tournament through Gamestop (back when I still shopped there). We had a month to practice with the game and train, but it was kind of pointless training because the tournament rules were to use arcade sticks (the idea, of course, was to convince you to buy the arcade stick controller they were selling).
Top one at our store went on to the county tournament, then regionals, and finally to the national tournament. Single elimination style.
My buddy and I played the game every other day for a month to familiarize ourselves with the characters, but we used custom controller settings because...who cares, we'll be using arcade sticks anyway so what if we get used to a particular controller set up?
Then tournament day rolls around and they lead us to the demo machine, which they have jury-rigged to play the full game rather than just the demo, but we are using the hard-wired controllers, not the arcade sticks. Turns out after they published the rules Gamestop realized how expensive it would be to send the arcade stick controllers to every single store, so only the ones in like...New York, LA, Seattle, etc. got arcade sticks.
Half the buttons on each controller didn't work right from years of being abused by demo-players; thank goodness it was SF4 and not Dead or Alive, which had pressure-sensitive controls, else nobody would have been able to do anything.
There was about twelve of us, and eight of them had never played a Street Fighter game in their lives. One was actually the girlfriend of a guy in the competition who decided to join, since the entrance was free. She played as Sagat because he 'looked scary, so he must be strong'. The guy she was up against had played Street Fight II in the arcade once, when he was a kid, so he picked Blanka, the only character he knew.
The funny thing was she figured out the Low Tiger Shot and just spammed it to victory. The only move guy could do was Blanka's electricity attack, which makes him crouch down and take the Tiger Shot to the face. Haha.
When my turn came I had three options I'd trained with: Zangief, Guile, Ryu, or Akuma. I should have gone with Zangief, but I was worried I wouldn't be able to do the Spinning Pile Driver with the demo controllers (one of the controllers didn't have a properly working analog stick - you couldn't go left with it, so you had to use the d-pad). I went with Akuma, and the other guy went with Ryu. Because of the button's not always registering being pressed I couldn't do any combos and it was just a matter of each of us smacking the other with a jumping kick and the occasional Hadouken until finally he won.
Eventually my buddy made it to the finals and went up against the guy who came in, I believe 8th, in the National Tournament.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 10-26-2015

Just finished Halo 5 on Legendary Solo. The easiest Halo game on Lengendary to date I might add, finished it in under 15 hours or so. Got it early so I thought I might as well give it a shot, turned out it was super easy and finished it.

Still wondering if I should upload the legendary ending to Youtube tomorrow...

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 10-26-2015

(10-26-2015, 11:28 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Just finished Halo 5 on Legendary Solo. The easiest Halo game on Lengendary to date I might add, finished it in under 15 hours or so. Got it early so I thought I might as well give it a shot, turned out it was super easy and finished it.

Still wondering if I should upload the legendary ending to Youtube tomorrow...

Someone's going to do it, so it may as well be you !

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Arjahn - 10-27-2015

Just picked up GTA V since its on sale, anyone want to party up?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - ClaudX - 10-31-2015

Truthfully, I have never beaten Ocarina of Time. It's a stain on my record, considering how big of a Zelda fan I am. I only played it when I was younger, so I never got very far. Thus, I've started a new adventure in Hyrule.

Anyways, like most people, I've heard tales of the infamous Water Temple. Call me a liar, but I didn't find it too difficult. At the beginning, it was unclear what to do, but it was easy to figure it out once you wandered around some. The only extremely difficult parts were the battles with Dark Link and Morpha. But, I digress. It's time to go on a hunt for Gold Skullutas and Heart Pieces before the next temple, as I'm sort of burned out from them.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 10-31-2015

When you're 8, yeah the Water Temple is a pain. But when you're in your 20's, it's really not that hard. It's quite easy to keep track of.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 11-01-2015

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing but Halo 5 Multiplayer has turned into a weird mix of any weapon being viable to kill these days.

Before it used to be battle rifles, pistols, dmr's and such as your main weapon with your secondary being a shotgun or sniper rifle, but now it's weird since ANY weapon is viable which seemingly lowered the skill ceiling but at the same time made the other weapons useful.

In Halo 3 the Assault Rifle was useless except with head on encounters and even then I'd rather have a BR or something, in Halo 5 the assault rifle is stupidly overpowered. You can spam it in front of people or you can use the smart scope to take people on from afar.

I'm still not sure if I like this or hate this, but it's super annoying to play against since I've still got a BR > AR mind, so I'm thinking I have enough time to 4 shot someone before they can kill me, but it's not going so well.

Also, I don't know why they got rid of Big Team Battle. Invasion or whatever it's called it stupid and not fun at all, and the 8 v 8 we used to have in Halo 3/Reach/4 was much much better. They seemed to want to make the game more competitive instead of just being fun with competitive stuff being in a different section of the matchmaking.

I dislike having 4v4 matches since they're not fun on mid size maps and when I want to play a massive 12 v 12 all you can play is warzone which is terrible. I'm giving the multiplayer a chance but it's not fun at all.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 11-01-2015

I was curious to see how some of the higher pop servers are fairing in WoW, and as a RP server guy, I went on Moon Guard. Its dirty. Don't go in Goldshire inn without disinfectant.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Arjahn - 11-02-2015

Just broke The Binding of Issac, hard.
I picked up a 50% cupon that, you know, gives 50% of all items at the store. Pretty standard stuff.
Next floor, I gnabbed an item that refreshes the store's inventory whenever you buy anything, which is also pretty nifty if you have a lot of money.
Then I had a Greed mini-boss who dropped another 50% cupon, which was sort of a bummer since I needed a few more coins to get a good item from the shop, and having multiple cupons doesn't do anything. So I just trot back on into the store to buy a battery and...
The new update just game out, and I guess this bug arose from it. So, using the refresh stock item and having everything cost absolutely nothing, I came into possesion of literally every item in the game. Not just shop items either, it got to a point where it just started rolling in Angel room and Devil room items, weird ones, all the stops. I rerolled a few times to boot using various die it dropped.
Eventually, the game got to a point where it just gave me milk for every item the rest of the run. I recorded everything and will be uploading a video probably tomorrow, it was pretty god damn hilarious.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 11-07-2015

Wil Wheaton called the Elite Tauren Chieftain Et caetera...

So much spam in some of these streams that I expect to see

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?!

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 11-09-2015

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Codsworth/recognized_names
Here's the full list of Codsworth names if you so desire to go with one he will acknowledge.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-10-2015

(11-09-2015, 04:38 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Codsworth/recognized_names
Here's the full list of Codsworth names if you so desire to go with one he will acknowledge.

That is such a crap list -- my name isn't that uncommon.
There's flippin' "Markiepoo" and "Erectus".

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 11-10-2015

My name's on the list, but its spelled differently and this is mildly annoying.