VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 11-10-2015

You know, with the amount of players of different cultures and backgrounds, you'd think they'd at least have ethnic names, even in the white 50's Americana style they're going for.

I played a lot of it yesterday, from about 4pm till 1:30am. I wanted to get the most out of it before I left for uni. I had a lot of fun with it, I found a powerful sniper rifle with some rounds south east of the vault, and was using that bad boy on some super mutants who were levels above me.

The feeling of being behind enemy lines with about 4 shots left in reserve, having to time all my shots perfectly for sneak criticals was glorious. I eventually died trying to find Diamond City as there were tons of Raiders in the South.

The customisations is actually really cool. The Pipe Pistol is a good example of this, as you can turn it into an LMG with ease, which is what I have right now, very powerful as a DPS weapon, not so much a sniper or pistol.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - The Antagonist - 11-10-2015

Hey guys, I have a question.

This week I'm planning to buy an Xbox One and it comes with three games. Halo 5, Gears of War and Witcher 3, which are all digital. Can I ask them to replace my digital codes for actual discs?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - RepentantSky - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 03:45 PM)The Antagonist Wrote: Hey guys, I have a question.

This week I'm planning to buy an Xbox One and it comes with three games. Halo 5, Gears of War and Witcher 3, which are all digital. Can I ask them to replace my digital codes for actual discs?

You can ask but that doesn't mean it'll happen. I don't know where you live but if there's a GameStop or EB games you can get it from, they'll probably only have the physical versions which will help.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 01:13 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: You know, with the amount of players of different cultures and backgrounds, you'd think they'd at least have ethnic names, even in the white 50's Americana style they're going for.

I played a lot of it yesterday, from about 4pm till 1:30am. I wanted to get the most out of it before I left for uni. I had a lot of fun with it, I found a powerful sniper rifle with some rounds south east of the vault, and was using that bad boy on some super mutants who were levels above me.

The feeling of being behind enemy lines with about 4 shots left in reserve, having to time all my shots perfectly for sneak criticals was glorious. I eventually died trying to find Diamond City as there were tons of Raiders in the South.

The customisations is actually really cool. The Pipe Pistol is a good example of this, as you can turn it into an LMG with ease, which is what I have right now, very powerful as a DPS weapon, not so much a sniper or pistol.

When it comes to the Cogsworth names, they do have a good few in there. Its based primarily on statistics for the Boston area if I'm not mistaken so it could very well have been skewed by that. That being said, there are a  few Japanese and arabic names in there.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 08:56 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 01:13 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: You know, with the amount of players of different cultures and backgrounds, you'd think they'd at least have ethnic names, even in the white 50's Americana style they're going for.

When it comes to the Cogsworth names, they do have a good few in there. Its based primarily on statistics for the Boston area if I'm not mistaken so it could very well have been skewed by that. That being said, there are a  few Japanese and arabic names in there.

SHOW ME THE CENSUS DATA WITH THE HIGH PREVALENCE OF THE NAME ERECTUS
Totally not bitter.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 11-10-2015

Well, that isn't to say that they didn't throw in joke names. I mean, my name's on the list but spelled differently. It isn't like its a big part of the game to begin with anyway.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 11-11-2015

(11-09-2015, 04:38 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Codsworth/recognized_names
Here's the full list of Codsworth names if you so desire to go with one he will acknowledge.

Who the hell is named Mudguts?
Also, is the game any good?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 11-11-2015

^

What you'd expect from Bethesda, Fallout 3.5 with a smaller map, less to do and even less to find. Everything has been watered down from 3 and New Vegas, game still looks like the bombs went off last week, your generic Brotherhood of Steel vs Enclave story again with the Brotherhood being the good guys once again. Very little to do RPG wise and having all your options watered down into 4 options limits your conversation and information finding. The story from what I've heard is terrible at best (quality bethesda writing) along with tons of glitches and bugs that shouldn't be in the game, graphics from 2008 basically Skyrim with guns. 0/10 game.

Overall I'm having tons of fun with it, and this is coming from someone who loves New Vegas over 3.

Basically, if you liked exploring the ruins of Fallout 3 and killing Raiders/Super Mutants with whatever you can find and selling their stuff for a hefty profit instead of doing the story, you'll love it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 11-12-2015

There's now an official game where I can play as Cloud Strife and fight Ryu, the animal crossing villager, and Mewtwo at the same time. What a time to be alive.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 11-13-2015

I'm still undecided on my steam avatar for Christmas time.

Either my current with a hat that I made.

[Image: Gene_Santa_Steam.gif]

or my main man Dale Cooper, that I also made.

[Image: Cooper_Thumbs_Up_Santa_Hat_png.png]

or my main man Dale Cooper with a beard, I also made.

[Image: Cooper_Thumbs_Up_Santa_Hat_Beard_2_png.png]

What do you guys think?

Also, anyone else changing their avatars on Steam/VGFacts for Christmas?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 11-13-2015

me_irl

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 11-15-2015

(11-13-2015, 06:36 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: I'm still undecided on my steam avatar for Christmas time.

Either my current with a hat that I made.

[Image: Gene_Santa_Steam.gif]

or my main man Dale Cooper, that I also made.

[Image: Cooper_Thumbs_Up_Santa_Hat_png.png]

or my main man Dale Cooper with a beard, I also made.

[Image: Cooper_Thumbs_Up_Santa_Hat_Beard_2_png.png]

What do you guys think?

Also, anyone else changing their avatars on Steam/VGFacts for Christmas?

[Image: inMCgLCOtcdkH.gif]

My friend bought me Fallout 4 for my Birthday. Yeah I'm enjoying it. It's just fun to wander around and find stuff. I noticed there is less combat in this game. Love the base creation system too.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-15-2015

Just had a bizarre glitch happen twice in Assassin's Creed II. Beatboxing guards who have completely given up on doing their job !

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 11-20-2015

Yo Cosmyk, your bro DolfinhT was in tonight's SkullGirls tourney.

http://challonge.com/BRISG1120
http://www.twitch.tv/ronaldokun

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 11-21-2015

He absolutely destroyed it.