VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-24-2015

Ezio is at it again. Since I got the last page of the Codex, Ezio has gone completely mad.

So here is Assassin's Creed II Glitch II - wherein Ezio takes crack and does some pretty sweet ballet moves.

Aaaaand point !

PS - The climing isn't sped up -- he's just developed super-speed.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - RepentantSky - 11-24-2015

I wish the assassin's would always climb that fast, it would make the game less tedious.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Arjahn - 11-25-2015

Hey anyone want some Paladins beta codes? Got a few extras, just PM me your email and your favorite fruit and I'll send them your way.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 11-25-2015

(11-24-2015, 04:07 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: I wish the assassin's would always climb that fast, it would make the game less tedious.

I have a deep hatred for Asscreed for one reason or another. I've forgotten, but one of the biggest things I've hated in the game was the climbing. The fucking mechanic the game is known for.

It's always slow, stupidly clunky and never seems to work. Uncharted does it much better, Drake is only slow when he's on a small ledge that you can barely hold onto, otherwise he's climbing quickly or slowly but we get a nice view due to the cinematic way the game is presented.

But no, with Asscreed you always get this guy WHO HAS BEEN DOING THIS SHIT FOR YEARS climbing up the wall like he's just learned how to do it. I don't fucking care if it'd become unrealistic to make him move sanic speed. I hate climbing up a massive wall, trying to figure out which outward brick is the right outward brick to climb and then having to jimmy the assassin so he has his hand outwards only for him to jump off the wall to his death.

It's even worse when you're trying to run away, since you'll always be shot and fall down all the way no matter what. Ubisoft could easily make your character grab the ledge if you time your button pressing right or something.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 11-26-2015

(11-20-2015, 11:50 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Yo Cosmyk, your bro DolfinhT was in tonight's SkullGirls tourney.

http://challonge.com/BRISG1120
http://www.twitch.tv/ronaldokun

Bumping so Cosmyk sees this. He ended up winning btw.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - RepentantSky - 11-27-2015

(11-25-2015, 07:45 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(11-24-2015, 04:07 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: I wish the assassin's would always climb that fast, it would make the game less tedious.

I have a deep hatred for Asscreed for one reason or another. I've forgotten, but one of the biggest things I've hated in the game was the climbing. The fucking mechanic the game is known for.

It's always slow, stupidly clunky and never seems to work. Uncharted does it much better, Drake is only slow when he's on a small ledge that you can barely hold onto, otherwise he's climbing quickly or slowly but we get a nice view due to the cinematic way the game is presented.

But no, with Asscreed you always get this guy WHO HAS BEEN DOING THIS SHIT FOR YEARS climbing up the wall like he's just learned how to do it. I don't fucking care if it'd become unrealistic to make him move sanic speed. I hate climbing up a massive wall, trying to figure out which outward brick is the right outward brick to climb and then having to jimmy the assassin so he has his hand outwards only for him to jump off the wall to his death.

It's even worse when you're trying to run away, since you'll always be shot and fall down all the way no matter what. Ubisoft could easily make your character grab the ledge if you time your button pressing right or something.

Agreed with all of this. The Horrible climbing mechanics made me stop playing the games even more than the hardly-ever-changing gameplay. AC as a series because entirely pathetic after the second one, and wasn't even good for the first. It's also still stealing stuff from Sly Cooper, who did they've stolen better, on the PS2. AC really has no excuse.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 05:51 AM)RepentantSky Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 07:45 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:

Agreed with all of this. The Horrible climbing mechanics made me stop playing the games even more than the hardly-ever-changing gameplay. AC as a series because entirely pathetic after the second one, and wasn't even good for the first. It's also still stealing stuff from Sly Cooper, who did they've stolen better, on the PS2. AC really has no excuse.

That's what I like about it; it's realistic. You can't just fart your way up a building at Mach 3.
Having to find a meticulous path up is part of the fun, more interesting than modern day's "lol here's an objective 10 metres away, run to it in a straight line so that we can give you another objective 10 metres after that. Now press 'F'"

Though I admit ragequitting a few times when you line everything up perfectly and you end up jumping off a cliff in the opposite direction.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - ClaudX - 11-27-2015

Part of the reason I enjoyed IV more than any other Assassin's Creed is because it wasn't buildings after buildings after buildings. The tropical islands were fun to run around, and hiding in the trees had a greater feeling than hanging off the side of a building. Also, pirate ships. They were fun to jump around on, too.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 10:19 AM)ClaudX Wrote:
Part of the reason I enjoyed IV more than any other Assassin's Creed is because it wasn't buildings after buildings after buildings. The tropical islands were fun to run around, and hiding in the trees had a greater feeling than hanging off the side of a building. Also, pirate ships. They were fun to jump around on, too.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to playing Black Flag. I want to finally hear these shanties everyone talks about.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - RepentantSky - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 08:46 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 05:51 AM)RepentantSky Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 07:45 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I have a deep hatred for Asscreed for one reason or another. I've forgotten, but one of the biggest things I've hated in the game was the climbing. The fucking mechanic the game is known for.

That's what I like about it; it's realistic. You can't just fart your way up a building at Mach 3.
Having to find a meticulous path up is part of the fun, more interesting than modern day's "lol here's an objective 10 metres away, run to it in a straight line so that we can give you another objective 10 metres after that. Now press 'F'"

Though I admit ragequitting a few times when you line everything up perfectly and you end up jumping off a cliff in the opposite direction.

It's realism in the one place that makes the game annoying. I don't approve of it, plus the realism factor is completely lost when you have the game's poor mechanic's messing it up. Plus, I'm sorry, adding the ability to kill in succession in one game, and a grappling hook in another with reused assets being 90 percent of the game, down to the fighting and climbing makes the games worthless. Adding a story that gets worse with each game doesn't help either.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - ClaudX - 11-28-2015

One thing I'll always hate in Assassin's Creed is the modern-day element. There is no reason to even include it. Why can't we just have the stories of the assassins without this Animus stuff? It adds unneeded restrictions ("Connor skinned every animal that he killed") and unnecessary breaks from the assassins' stories, so you have to do some boring real-life bullshit.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-28-2015

(11-28-2015, 12:29 AM)ClaudX Wrote: One thing I'll always hate in Assassin's Creed is the modern-day element. There is no reason to even include it. Why can't we just have the stories of the assassins without this Animus stuff? It adds unneeded restrictions ("Connor skinned every animal that he killed") and unnecessary breaks from the assassins' stories, so you have to do some boring real-life bullshit.

I love it ! It ties all the games [i've played so far] together with a plot line, and adds its own plot.

I'll just accept that I have a seemingly very unpopular opinion/enjoyment of the series.

[Image: tumblr_m6nmcn6dPM1rpq3hx.gif]

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - ClaudX - 11-28-2015

Square Enix is giving free Steam codes for Hitman 2 away. Go here, and at the check out put "FreeSilentAssassin" for your promo code.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 11-30-2015

(11-28-2015, 12:29 AM)ClaudX Wrote: One thing I'll always hate in Assassin's Creed is the modern-day element. There is no reason to even include it. Why can't we just have the stories of the assassins without this Animus stuff? It adds unneeded restrictions ("Connor skinned every animal that he killed") and unnecessary breaks from the assassins' stories, so you have to do some boring real-life bullshit.

FUCKING EXACTLY.

Assassin's Creed would've been alright if there was just no mention of Desmond and the future.

Seriously, if the Asscreed games just focused on the damn story of their events, and subtley hinted that you were in a simulation here and there, and in the final game it basically told you Desmond's story and was set in a small modern city  in a world where Abstergo found the Apple of Eden and used it's power to rule the world and turned it into a dystopia and Desmond along with his group eventually learned the way of the Assassin's to be able to not be controlled by the Apple and kill the head of Abstergo to gain control of the Apple to eventually turn the world back to normal or some BS story like that, it would've actually been a pretty good series of games.

The modern sections of Asscreed 3 was very fun and I wished there was more of it, but there wasn't.

I dunno, maybe I just hate Assassin's Creed for stupid reasons. I enjoyed Brotherhood for what it was, and Black Flag was interesting.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - ClaudX - 11-30-2015

(11-30-2015, 08:58 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:

FUCKING EXACTLY.

Assassin's Creed would've been alright if there was just no mention of Desmond and the future.

Seriously, if the Asscreed games just focused on the damn story of their events, and subtley hinted that you were in a simulation here and there...

Too right. The fact that some of the protagonists are related to each other is enough of a link between games for me. I play the games to experience the very selling points of the games: parkour and historical settings. Why give us these vast and detailed worlds if they aren't the main point of the story? And why make all of these detailed modern environments if we aren't spending the majority of our time there?

Also, why doesn't Ubisoft take a break for a year or two and make a game that isn't rushed and jaded? Then again, they took about two years to make Far Cry 4, and we know how that turned out.