VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 11-30-2015

^

You milk your cash cow while it's still giving the sweet sweet wonga, friend.

Ubisoft don't care about video games, it's all about the money.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - ClaudX - 11-30-2015

(11-30-2015, 09:45 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

You milk your cash cow while it's still giving the sweet sweet wonga, friend.

Ubisoft don't care about video games, it's all about the money.

You would've thought that after the backlash that Unity got they would've taken some time to make a quality game. I haven't played Syndicate yet, but I heard that it was fairly good, so I can't say for what another year of development would do.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 12-01-2015

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds son. Game is so slow in retrospect.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 12-01-2015

(11-30-2015, 09:33 PM)ClaudX Wrote: Also, why doesn't Ubisoft take a break for a year or two and make a game that isn't rushed and jaded? Then again, they took about two years to make Far Cry 4, and we know how that turned out.

Because Ubisoft can't ever do anything right regardless of how much time you give them.

They can't even make Tetris. It's not me jumping on the bandwagon either, I bought this game and was like "WTF is wrong with this" and then this video came out and all the other related backlash. Worst part is, it cost £15 and this was last year...before the UK instated the new customer rights law.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Arjahn - 12-03-2015

The "Game" awards are gonna be on in 10ish minutes, and normally I detest awards shows, but this time I made some bingo cards and am gonna watch with a buddy. Here's a bunch of Arjahn's subjective cards if you're interested. Oh and I made these in twelve minutes so they're horrible.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 12-03-2015

(12-03-2015, 08:20 PM)Arjahn Wrote: The "Game" awards are gonna be on in 10ish minutes, and normally I detest awards shows, but this time I made some bingo cards and am gonna watch with a buddy. Here's a bunch of Arjahn's subjective cards if you're interested. Oh and I made these in twelve minutes so they're horrible.

"celebrity presenters who don't play videogames"

That kills me, they haven't got a bloody clue as to what they're going on about, and they tend to interview the most socially inept people they can find leading to some butt-clenching cringe moments.

Also I totally expect you to post the results of your bingo for those of us not following !

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Arjahn - 12-06-2015

(12-03-2015, 10:41 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 08:20 PM)Arjahn Wrote: The "Game" awards are gonna be on in 10ish minutes, and normally I detest awards shows, but this time I made some bingo cards and am gonna watch with a buddy. Here's a bunch of Arjahn's subjective cards if you're interested. Oh and I made these in twelve minutes so they're horrible.

That kills me, they haven't got a bloody clue as to what they're going on about, and they tend to interview the most socially inept people they can find leading to some butt-clenching cringe moments.

Also I totally expect you to post the results of your bingo for those of us not following !

Also, as someone who spent the better part of 300 hours last spring playing nothing but Monster Hunter 4, seeing it lose to a super generic puzzle game for cell phones really got to me, even if it is just a hokey awards show.

I stopped watching partway through because it was kind of hard to watch people walk up to the stage and just start jerking themselves off to how The Witcher 3 is the best rpg anyone anywhere has ever made in all da time.

That being said, I filled out a fair amount of spaces on mine!

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 12-08-2015

I land back in Ohio in about 15 hours.
And I'm signed up for two different speedrun marathons in the next week. One Friday night and one Monday.
I may be crazy.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Kakariko Kid - 12-09-2015

Ahhh, yisssss. My trivia for the Ganon laugh and Soda Popinski laugh was used in the new Zelda Easter Eggs video.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 12-09-2015

That font

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 07:55 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:

That font

They Hate us cos They ain't us ! #Kony2012

But seriously, I have a question.
Does anyone else play those free to play, pay to win iPad games where if you want something to go fast, you have to buy gold or ores or whatnot ?
I played two, and both times I found it pretty relaxing to just go on it once a day or so and click a few things. Then I'd leave it for the next day when I'd notice I can do something and I'd click a few more things.
Means you don't feel the need to check it every two minutes.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - ClaudX - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 09:20 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: But seriously, I have a question.
Does anyone else play those free to play, pay to win iPad games where if you want something to go fast, you have to buy gold or ores or whatnot ?
I played two, and both times I found it pretty relaxing to just go on it once a day or so and click a few things. Then I'd leave it for the next day when I'd notice I can do something and I'd click a few more things.

Despite popular opinion, they can be fun and entertaining. The urge to create a settlement is alluring enough, but the games aren't too simple that they bore you, but they aren't too complicated that they become a hassle. The fact that you don't have to spend too much time on is perfect. You can check up on it once every while and can usually do something each time you check to keep your settlement continuously active.

I used to play them, but just don't anymore. A friend of mine swears on his grave that Game of War is equal to heaven, or something along those lines. Fellow classmates, and some teachers, fancy themselves in Clash of Clans. Complaints about being "pay-to-win" don't come from the mouths of these players, as they choose to ignore that element.

Coincidentally enough, I just saw an advertisement for Mobile Strike, which I believe is by the creators of Game of War, judging by the way the commercial was set up and the inclusion of a well-known celebrity. However, instead of flashing the breasts of Kate Upton to appeal to men, they opted for a more masculine approach and added Arnold Schwarzenegger.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - BumblebeeCody - 12-11-2015

Cosmyk, where yo Fast Racing Neo at!? Out today!

(12-09-2015, 09:20 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: But seriously, I have a question.

I've only ever played Tekken Revolution and Fallout Shelter. 2 games with less egregious forms of Microtransactions/stamina bars. They're enjoyable, but I've found the majority just have no real fun to them. Even with Fallout Shelter, I don't play it anymore. It's like an ant farm that your occassionally check in on

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 12-11-2015

I tried out Fallout Shelter and enjoyed it for a few hours. Its not my kind of game though. They get old really quickly.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 12-11-2015

http://sirartwork.tumblr.com/post/134926529353/the-crossover-that-no-one-asked-for