VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 12-27-2015

I started playing Valkyria Chronicles after someone was kind enough to gift it to me for Christmas. I find WW2 quite fascinating, and a video game that is inspired by it in it's own animu world, along with being a TBS is something that really caught my eye years ago. I never had the console nor money to buy it until it came to PC and someone was kind enough to get it for me.

It's really cool since I enjoy everything about it, the artstyle is really nice, it has interesting comedic elements, and the characters are cool and fun to play as. The thing that sold me on it though was the fact I can how Vyse and Aika in my squad, which I will forever have because a game that reps Skies of Arcadia is my kind of game.

Anyhow, the one thing that did catch me off guard was the fact that there seems to be a hatred for a certain race of people in this game, similar to the hatred the Jews faced during WW2. It's really weird to see it in this game, since I understand why it's there but it seems really weird for it to be in the game. What's also interesting is that the members of your squad have certain perks that if met can cause them to fight better or worse, some of those perks can hate on that certain race, and if they fight alongside one they have lower accuracy and stuff.

What is kind of cool though, is that there can be units who are female and love females, and hate men, and men who like men and stuff. So if you place female units near female units who like them, they start to fight better. They can even take a liking to certain units and if they're with them they fight better and protect them in skirmishes.

It's really cool, and if anyone is a fan of TBS games, this is it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 12-27-2015

Man, Valkyria Chronicles gets pretty brutal at some points too. You really wouldn't think it would because of the colorful anime style, but expect to witness war.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SamuraiGaiden - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 09:47 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Man, Valkyria Chronicles gets pretty brutal at some points too. You really wouldn't think it would because of the colorful anime style, but expect to witness war.

...stop it, dude, tears are forming just thinking about it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 12-28-2015

(12-27-2015, 10:30 PM)SamuraiGaiden Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 09:47 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Man, Valkyria Chronicles gets pretty brutal at some points too. You really wouldn't think it would because of the colorful anime style, but expect to witness war.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 12-29-2015

I couldn't tell you why, but Steam seems to be throwning a ton of anime visual novels at me.

Anyone tried Hyperdimension Neptunia? The trivia is interesting, but I'm wondering if its a good game past the waifu-ness.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 12-29-2015

(12-27-2015, 10:30 PM)SamuraiGaiden Wrote:

Man, I love that game so much, even if it rips your heart out and stomps on it

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 12-29-2015

My biggest grievance about Valkyria Chronicles, apart from the difficulty spikes and broken rating system, is I genuinely believed we would

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - SamuraiGaiden - 12-29-2015

Yeah, I remember kind of thinking the same thing.  All this development into it and...nothing, really.  And the game was still so great that it really wasn't a let down.

One thing I really liked, that not enough games have any more, was a sympathetic villain.  As a writer I believe that sympathetic villains are pivotal to turn a good story into a great one and when...

it made him less like a total unflinching douche and simply a misguided douche.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 12-30-2015

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 12-30-2015

Speaking of the Valkyria Chronicles games, anyone ever seen the speedrun of the first one? It's FANTASTIC.
For people that can't watch the video now, this is basically how every mission goes:

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Kakariko Kid - 01-01-2016

Ohhhh yeahhh! I was cleaning my daughters' bedroom and found this in their closet. Looks like I'm gonna be busy playing this for a while...

[Image: 0c4lH5j.jpg]

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 01-01-2016

Got myself Dragon Quest Heroes as a late birthday/christmas thing. Its fun so far but I haven't gotten very far.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 01-02-2016

I hate when you look up cheats to a game and it only has the achievements/trophies. Why even have the game on your site CheatCC?

It doesn't help that the first person to actually post something usually had it stolen by EVERY other cheat site back in the day.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 01-04-2016

I love the modding community.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Beware of Cuccos - 01-05-2016

Hey guys! Please take a moment to head over to the Gamer Tags thread to make sure your information is up-to-date. If anything needs to be changed or added, please leave a comment and one of us will get it taken care of!

Thank you! - Beware of Cuccos

[Image: image?url=7OTVnZUMVj4OV2zUUGecWvn3U00nQQ...=640&w=640]