VGFacts
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo (/thread-1657.html)

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 03-27-2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4c41b2/the_clocks_in_fallout_3_are_stuck_at_the_time_the/

If anyone with PC Fallout 3 can confirm this, its yours.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 03-27-2016

Wow, Bethesda actually had some continuity, and an interesting subtle one at that.

GG Todd.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 03-30-2016

https://www.twitch.tv/squareenix

Squenix is stream right now. FF15 stuff.

The Audi R8 is now Final Fantasy canon...

Breaking Bad and incest jokes on stage over a movie with Shaun Bean. Squenix. Gimme game.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 03-30-2016

Deluxe edition, an anime, a movie, a demo, and mobile pinball game announced. At least it looked like pinball, or pachinko.

Ultimate Collector's edition. Only 30000 of them globally with exclusive content. I hate you sometimes, Squenix.

FF15 released date is September 30th 2016.

The car is a jet also. Its the batmobile.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - JiraiyaSennin - 03-31-2016

Has anyone else downloaded Miitomo? 

Also sorry for being gone for months.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 04-03-2016

The internet never ceases to amaze me.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Arjahn - 04-05-2016

Just taught myself how to make basic Skyrim mods because I found a sweet sword that did poop for damage. It is currently 2:43 am and I have class in the morning, no regrets.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 04-05-2016

http://teebu.github.io/HearstoneSolitaire/EveryoneGetInHere.html

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Kakariko Kid - 04-05-2016

I just watched a speed run of Super Mario Bros 2 done in 8'52". I think I may try that in the future.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - CosmykTheDolfyn - 04-08-2016

I've been playing a game a lot recently called Assault Android Cactus. It's a twin stick shooter meets bullet hell. Holy cow, it is freaking hard. But, man am I loving it.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-08-2016

so my interest in the metal gear series has sparked....and according to a comment from the DYKG episode of Metal Gear Solid V, the chronology goes as follows:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (1964)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (1970)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (1974)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (1975)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (1984)
Metal Gear (1995)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (1999)
Metal Gear Solid (2005)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2007/2009)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2014)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (2018)

I KNOW this is a stupid question but.....should i star from the beggining? or should i play Metal Gear Solid V?

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 04-08-2016

You'll appreciate how much the games have improved over time if you play them in the order they came out. If you don't want to play them all, you can start on any entry in the series. V is generally a very different game from its predecessors though.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Takahashi2212 - 04-08-2016

My general recommendation for series that have an out of order chronology is to watch/play them in the order they were released. It makes it easier to appreciate them. Often times, the creators make the prequel with the assumption that you've played the chronological sequel, so it makes sense to play them in the order they were made.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - retrolinkx - 04-11-2016

(04-08-2016, 08:14 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: so my interest in the metal gear series has sparked....and according to a comment from the DYKG episode of Metal Gear Solid V, the chronology goes as follows:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (1964)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (1970)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (1974)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (1975)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (1984)
Metal Gear (1995)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (1999)
Metal Gear Solid (2005)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2007/2009)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2014)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (2018)

I KNOW this is a stupid question but.....should i star from the beggining? or should i play Metal Gear Solid V?

Don't play them in Chronological order. Each game references the others even the ones in the past. Playing them out of order just won't help, plus going from MGS3's smooth controls to MGS5's even smoother controls to the clunky controls of MGS1 is just not worth it.

[Image: 1448638865387.jpg]

Firstly, get the Legacy collection for the PS3, and MGSV and Ground Zeroes on whatever platform you want.

There are several ways to experience MGS. I'll tell you the two that are usually said, and the one that I did that helped me play the series a bit better.

There is playing the game in release order starting with Metal Gear for the original MSX. Which is found in the menu of MGS3, and follow the "Hardcore" order on the guide I posted above. This method can be quite difficult if you're not finding the original games fun. If this is the case, and you're resorting to guides. Just jump straight to MGS1 and follow the "casual" order on the guide. This it the order a lot of people followed and is probably the best order if you can't play the original MSX versions.

Now, the way I played it really helped me appreciate the series more. I played MGS2 first, now while the beginning of the game confused me the rest of the game I absolutely loved even if I didn't fully understand what was going on. MGS2 is sort of it's own story with a few characters from the first game making their appearance. By playing MGS2 where the controls for the game started to improve from MGS1 I was able to play MGS3 easily, and then jump back to MGS1 and since I wanted to understand the story it drove me to finish the game, even though the controls had me tearing my hair out I pulled through because I really wanted to finish the game (MGS1 is my favourite as well). I honestly think if I started with MGS1 on the PS1 I wouldn't have been able to play it or I would've had great difficulty in playing it and to keep going.

So just keep it in mind. If MGS1 isn't working out for you, try MGS2 and if you really love that, jump back to MGS1 and try it again.

Things to keep in mind:

The Twin Snakes is a gamecube remake of the first game. It came out around 2004 and has similar gameplay to MGS2. I would advice against playing this version, as it ruins the fun and challenge of the original game by adding elements from MGS2 that were never intended to be played in MGS1's enviroment, and the cutscenes, music and voice acting are all sub-par and not comparable to the original MGS.

Portable Ops, Ghost Babel and the AC!D games are all non-canon (with the exception of the PO being semi-canon) If you truly want to play those, play them. But they're not really needed (although Ghost Babel has a surprisingly good story).

DO NOT play the original MGS3 if you can't find the Legacy collection or even the HD collection. Play MGS3: Substance. It improves a lot of aspects of the game, one of which being the camera which is god awful in MGS3 and made me hate the game for some time after finishing it.

Play the game without killing people if you can. In MGS2 and all the games that follow you will get a Traq gun that puts people to sleep, it can be used on bosses and allow you to get weapons, camo and other items that can only be found by not killing bosses. While it may seem difficult, it really isn't after you understand your situation, how the game plays and what to do. I've beaten most bosses in MGS3 using the traq gun on the 3DS. It is not hard at all.

Use your brain. Kojima and his team put a lot of effort into the games, to the point that they've given players the ability to think outside of house that holds the box you're meant to be thinking outside of. If you see a spotlight, shoot it it'll turn off and guards will surround it. If you have no ammo in your gun, you can still hold up an enemy, they won't know that. If you shoot a fire extinguisher while you're near an enemy, they'll be stunned by the foam. If you're set on fire, change your camo and you'll be put out. Throw tainted food at guards for them to be poisoned. Take your time, and understand what you're doing. The game has so much TECHNOLOGY that you'll miss a lot of it.

Use the codec, listen to cutscenes. In MGS4 there is a cutscene that tells you the weakness of a specific boss. When my brother played it, he had no idea how to beat the boss after he resurrected for the 50th time until we had to go through each individual item in his inventory, and I had to lead him onto why the boss had this weakness, and how you're meant to use said item to beat him. Codec calls can help you while stuck in a location or during a boss fight so make sure you listen to them.

There, that should get you started.

RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - Psychospacecow - 04-11-2016

So, ManyATrueNerd has successfully accomplished running through Fallout New Vegas and now Fallout 3 without healing at all.