VGFacts
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) (/thread-1672.html)

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - SamuraiGaiden - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 11:01 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: /r/fireemblem takes me to some strange places.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/

Huge fan of his. Got the chance to interview him once for the online writer's group I'm part of.

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 03:41 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Well, I bought a 15 inch pizza to enjoy for my dinner.

Turned out it was buy one get one free.

So if anyone wants a pizza, hit me up. I'm not eating this today.

Send me the other one, pigeon post to PO Box D4NK, Canada.

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - Kakariko Kid - 05-23-2016

So..... professional wrestler Kane is considering running for Knoxville County Mayor in 2018 . It doesn't surprise me, but I think it is kinda weird since I live about 45 miles away and my brother had met him.

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - SamuraiGaiden - 05-26-2016

Whelp...I interview for a new job in about 12 hours. I stand to actually make significantly less money with this job, even though it pays 25 cents an hour more. But that reason is because I will be working significantly less. I will no longer be on call 128 hours a week, without pay, I will no longer have to wait for my habitually late relief to show up almost every day unpaid, and I will be able to put in a resignation letter that will all but doom my employer at my post.

I generally don't try to get my hopes up in these cases, but when I mentioned my interest in the position the manager scheduled me for an interview before I'd finished my application. That's got to be a good sign.
Of course I still remember when I interview a Journeyman Platemaker job several years back when I worked for the local newspaper and after meeting the guy who got the job I wound up riding the elevator up with the recruiter from HR. In her nervousness at being trapped on an elevator with me she admitted that I was the more qualified candidate, but since I was sub-contracted and the 2nd-most qualified candidate was already an employee of the paper in a different department it was just easier for them to hire him for it. Less paperwork to transfer a current employee than it was to hire a new employee. So I know there's no such thing as a sure-fire job.

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 05-26-2016

I've got a 10k run Saturday afternoon. Looks like I'm going to have a brilliant time.

[Image: VIO2OIT.jpg]

That's thunderstorms and 37C/98.6F with the humidity factor. And to think that two weeks ago, we were still in the negatives... Man alive.

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - SamuraiGaiden - 05-26-2016

It's La Nina, I hear on the news.

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - retrolinkx - 05-30-2016

So I wanted to find the lowest ranking anime on MyAnimeList, and I was going to watch it.

I didn't expect to find a two episode OVA about a woman sitting on a man's face for 67 minutes combined, with no subs to even remotely give any kind of indication to what the hell was going on, but from what I could tell from the three minutes I watched of the beginning and the end, was that she killed someone by just sitting on their face until they suffocated and then laughed about it. From what I could gather, she was retelling the story to someone else and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I gave it a 10/10 regardless and put it on my list.

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - Kakariko Kid - 05-30-2016

Never worry about your unfaithful partner watching Netflix without you again and leaving you behind!

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/these-commitment-rings-stop-you-watching-netflix-unless-your-partner-around-171696

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - Psychospacecow - 06-12-2016

How are turkey legs a medieval fantasy thing? They're native to North America.

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - SamuraiGaiden - 06-13-2016

Goose legs, swan legs, maybe even duck or chicken...but yes, Turkey not so much. You are correct in that strangetude.

I mean, there were royal ranks for Keeper of the Swans and stuff like that. I guess it's just an analog, we don't eat Swans nowadays, so we replace it with Turkey.

Kind of like how no one in their right mind would eat a Pigeon nowadays, but in the early 20th century they were considered a delicacy. They were on the 1st Class menu on the Titanic: Roasted Pigeon.

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 01:22 AM)SamuraiGaiden Wrote: Goose legs, swan legs, maybe even duck or chicken...but yes, Turkey not so much.  You are correct in that strangetude.

I mean, there were royal ranks for Keeper of the Swans and stuff like that.  I guess it's just an analog, we don't eat Swans nowadays, so we replace it with Turkey.

Kind of like how no one in their right mind would eat a Pigeon nowadays, but in the early 20th century they were considered a delicacy.  They were on the 1st Class menu on the Titanic: Roasted Pigeon.

Actually had some wood pigeon a few years back in London, very good meat.

I don't think they used to eat the inner-grey pigeons, probably just as unappetising as they are today !

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - Furo - 06-27-2016

I remembered this place existed

Hi I guess

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-04-2016

Happy 4th of July to our American members !

Have fun doing the things you do on your Independence Day.

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - Psychospacecow - 07-04-2016

Quick, we gotta blow up the sky!

RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - retrolinkx - 07-06-2016

Fanta have made a Zero version of Fruit Twist.

If you're an occasional drinker of Fanta, and enjoy Fruit Twise. Buy the Zero version since it tastes exactly the same as the normal one.