VGFacts
Last game you beat - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Last game you beat (/thread-185.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Last game you beat - CLXcool - 01-02-2015

What better way for my first game I beat for this year of 2015 is Sonic Generations. That was a nice little 'throwback' to the old sonic games while mixing the new elements in it. Now to finish up the challenges for it.

RE: Last game you beat - Mass Distraction - 01-04-2015

Effin' damn it! The knife ending in 999 has got to be one of the most annoying endings in a game ever!

RE: Last game you beat - CLXcool - 01-04-2015

Beaten Contrast today. It left me raising an eyebrow. I enjoyed the game but I was surprised. There better be a sequel(or at least a prequel) explaining something about that ending. 

RE: Last game you beat - gamemaster1991 - 01-07-2015

Epic Mickey: Power of Illiusion. This ties the Epic Mickey games with Castile of Illusion. Thats really cool. The game uses graphics that make it look like a cartoony Kingdom Hearts. That's cool. The game is shorter than it really should be and is plagued with back tracking that takes up 3/4 of the game. That's bad. I'm a little disappointed for the first game I beat in 2015.

For those interested, it's really fun and very enjoyable for what it is, but I would borrow/rent it due to how short it is and buy it if you MUST have every Epic Mickey/Disney game out there (like I do). It will most likely take you a few (1-3) hours to beat if you don't do any of the side-quests. Since that's how long it took me to finish World of Illusion, I can say that it fits in just fine.

RE: Last game you beat - JiraiyaSennin - 01-07-2015

Last week I emulated Sonic Mega Collection for the Game Cube and I beat Sonic 3D Blast on the first playthrough only using a single continue and I got every single Chaos Emerald. I don't really know what the general consensus is on this game, but I really enjoyed it. Now to play the other games.

RE: Last game you beat - Zaliphone - 01-07-2015

Well, my game's beaten list for 2014 totals to 43. This is lower than 2013, and that's perfectly fine, and I expect this year to also be lower because I now have a job and later in the year I'll be starting college.

If anybody is actually curious as to what games I beat (or at least consider myself having beaten), the list is below.

RE: Last game you beat - Mass Distraction - 01-08-2015

I recently beat Resident Evil Code: Veronica. Turns out it's my least favorite of the main titles.

RE: Last game you beat - gamemaster1991 - 01-10-2015

Ultimate NES Remix. It's a fun game. Geting all the stars. Not so fun. Getting all Rainbow Stars. Even less fun.

Don't get me wrong. At first getting the stars nice and easy and even fun to get. But than you get to remixes like "Get to the top of Donkey Kong 25M with Link" or "KO your oponite in 25 seconds." I would have beaten the game earlier if it wasn't for Bonus Stage 27: Spoiler:"Get all the mushrooms in the game," which go though 47 ROUNDS insted of the normal 3-10 rounds.

Reward for getting all stars: Famicom Remix
Reward for getting all Rainbow Stars: Bonus Stage 27
Reward for beating Bonus Stage 27: Bonus Stage 28: Spoiler:Watch the endings to Mario 2: USA, Dr. Mario, and Mario 3.

For someone who has not played a few of these games (Kid Icarus, Puntch Out, Zelda II), I want to pick them up. For the ones I have played (Every Mario game, Kirby, Zelda 1), I enjoy the challenge. I have two complainants.
1. There are way too many challenges for Mario 1 and 2: Lost Levels compared to the other games.
2. In the words of Proton Jon: "Your prize for beating the game is... beating the game again... That's stupid."

RE: Last game you beat - CosmykTheDolfyn - 01-10-2015

Kirby's Avalanche in 15 minutes and 26 seconds without a single loss and on hardest difficulty.

Did I mention that I got it recorded (though my mic wasn't working). Boo ya, going up on YouTube for sure.

RE: Last game you beat - Zaliphone - 01-11-2015

I beat Bastion, first game of this year. I really enjoyed the story and I loved the choices it gave you towards the end. The gameplay was fun, but it gets repetitive towards the middle of the game, it picks back up again, though. The voice acting was great and the soundtrack was beautiful. 4/5

RE: Last game you beat - Melcadrien - 01-11-2015

Dragon Quest 6 for the DS. I kinda overpowered myself before going against the final boss. Grinded until three of my characters have mastered all classes except for hero, dragon, and metal slime. Only thing I have to say is GG final boss, my team is stronger than you.

RE: Last game you beat - Zaliphone - 01-24-2015

I beat Shovel Knight yesterday and I honestly didn't like it that much. The best parts were the soundtrack and the boss rush, which I find strange because I normally hate boss rush modes.

I just beat Gone Home and I loved it, it was such a different experience with the way the story was laid out and revealed itself. The attention to detail in that game is crazy. In terms of gameplay there really isn't much, but I still had a ton of fun playing for the little bit it lasted. If it gets cheap on a sale, I would definitely recommend getting it.

RE: Last game you beat - retrolinkx - 01-24-2015

Advance Wars: Dual Strike.

The game was fun, and tag powers are super fun to use and can turn the whole battle around if you use them right.

My only complaint was that the final battle compared to the two in the other AW games was easy. The first game had you at a huge disadvantage. The opponent had a huge economic advantage over you and about 10 more troops than your three CO's did together but if you were smart enough to use your troops correctly you could easily push them back.

AW2 was much harder you had a 30 day limit to take out a huge cannon or you'd lose with a similar economic advantage (but all sides started with no troops) as the last game. It was a lot more difficult but you could pull it off through distractions while you made a push for the final cannon.

This final mission was different. You had to destroy 3 points in 24 turns or you'd lose, but it was made easier by giving the final boss 4 infantry units to start with at the south of my HQ and bases in which there were around 12 buildings to take over and 2 airports, a couple oozium units (Basically a 1 hit kill unit that only moves one space) and that's it. He has two normal bases near the points and that was it.

So all I did was push units south to capture the buildings and made sure I stood my ground when he tried to attack with normal tanks near my HQ and finally when I had all the buildings to the south I just made about 2 bombers every turn and just decimated his troops and finished him off with 3 days to spare.

It was stupidly easy, the final battle should never take one try to finish.

Still, great game. I can see why people disliked Days of Ruin.

RE: Last game you beat - RepentantSky - 01-26-2015

Fantasy Life. It took me a while and nearly 100 hours of gameplay to do it, but now I'm messing around with the dlc and trying to reach top ranks in all the classes. It's a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, but it's still really fun. If anyone ever picks this game up, let me know, I'd love to play it with someone else.

RE: Last game you beat - CosmykTheDolfyn - 01-29-2015

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine with no continues used, hardest difficulty in 12 minutes 18 seconds while talking the whole time and streaming to Twitch.
I'm also uploading to Youtube at the moment, slightly proud of how fast my Puyo Puyo skills are improving. Expect to see this video int the Shameless Self Promotion thread. Because I'm awesome and shameless about it.