VGFacts
Last game you beat - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Last game you beat (/thread-185.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Last game you beat - Zaliphone - 01-29-2015

I beat Half Life 2 Episode One and I really did not like it. It was very short, which isn't inherently a problem, but it felt wrong in this case. Half the game was using the gravity gun to put cars on top of holes to stop otherwise endless enemies from spawning. Like seriously, I don't think it's even possible that episode 2 could somehow shoehorn in more crappy physics puzzles. I really don't get the love for the game. Maybe episode 2 will be better, I kind of doubt it. Half Life Source is still my favorite in the series.

RE: Last game you beat - Psychospacecow - 01-29-2015

Its mainly because of its pioneering in narrative for the format.

RE: Last game you beat - gamemaster1991 - 01-30-2015

(01-29-2015, 10:48 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I beat Half Life 2 Episode One and I really did not like it. It was very short, which isn't inherently a problem, but it felt wrong in this case. Half the game was using the gravity gun to put cars on top of holes to stop otherwise endless enemies from spawning. Like seriously, I don't think it's even possible that episode 2 could somehow shoehorn in more crappy physics puzzles. I really don't get the love for the game. Maybe episode 2 will be better, I kind of doubt it. Half Life Source is still my favorite in the series.

Isn't the point of having an episodic game that you get shorter games for a faster devlopment pase [insert Valve Time Joke here]? However, I can't really comment on the game(s) since I've only played Half-Life 1.

RE: Last game you beat - Zaliphone - 02-03-2015

Half Life 2 Episode Two.

Hot damn, was that a good game. I really didn't expect too much after not liking Episode one, but it really surprised me. I'm honestly not even too sure what was so different about that it made it so much better to me, but I just found the whole thing to be immensely enjoyable. I liked it more than Half Life 2, and now I'm questioning if I liked it more than Half-Life Source, which I should get around to replaying.

Episode Two's shortcomings come from it's length, a movie-like 3 hours, and sound effects, some had really low quality compared to others' high, and once again the same 10 stock Source Engine sound effects made an appearance.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this one. Maybe read a wiki page for Episode One.

RE: Last game you beat - Arjahn - 02-04-2015

Just finished Life is Strange, pretty cool game all in all, but Jesus Christ that lip syncing. It's like watching barbie versions of fish trying to recite Spanish poetry.

RE: Last game you beat - retrolinkx - 02-04-2015

(02-03-2015, 05:54 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: Half Life 2 Episode Two.

Hot damn, was that a good game. I really didn't expect too much after not liking Episode one, but it really surprised me. I'm honestly not even too sure what was so different about that it made it so much better to me, but I just found the whole thing to be immensely enjoyable. I liked it more than Half Life 2, and now I'm questioning if I liked it more than Half-Life Source, which I should get around to replaying.

Episode Two's shortcomings come from it's length, a movie-like 3 hours, and sound effects, some had really low quality compared to others' high, and once again the same 10 stock Source Engine sound effects made an appearance.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this one. Maybe read a wiki page for Episode One.

Have you played Opposing Force? It's my favourite Half Life game and probably my favourite FPS.

RE: Last game you beat - Zaliphone - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 09:01 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(02-03-2015, 05:54 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: Half Life 2 Episode Two.

Have you played Opposing Force? It's my favourite Half Life game and probably my favourite FPS.

I haven't played that one yet, I plan on buying that and Blue Shift as soon as I can.

RE: Last game you beat - pAroxizm - 02-09-2015

Beat Pokemon HeartGold a 2nd time last week and Grim Fandango Remastered today and it was amazing.

RE: Last game you beat - Kakariko Kid - 02-09-2015

A Boy and His Blob (Wii version). I lost it for about three years, so, yeah, I'm late.

RE: Last game you beat - CosmykTheDolfyn - 02-18-2015

I finally beat Jak and Daxter for the PS2. That only took me forever. It's pretty good for a platforming game, but it's certainly not my favorite platformer of that generation. 7.5/10. It's very enjoyable, but the overwhelming majority of important characters are quite annoying to hear and some levels aren't exactly amazing level design. Overall, still a good game.

RE: Last game you beat - gamemaster1991 - 02-18-2015

(02-18-2015, 08:20 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I finally beat Jak and Daxter for the PS2. That only took me forever.  It's pretty good for a platforming game, but it's certainly not my favorite platformer of that generation. 7.5/10.  It's very enjoyable, but the overwhelming majority of important characters are quite annoying to hear and some levels aren't exactly amazing level design.  Overall, still a good game.

It does have a strem line gameplay now that I think about it. The more I think about it, the more flaws I see in it. I still like it over Jak 3 and a little bit more then Jak 2 and X.

RE: Last game you beat - JiraiyaSennin - 02-19-2015

I completely forgot to mention that I beat Super Mario Galaxy a few weeks ago with my sister collecting star bits. The reason I started playing was because of the SMG 2 virtual console deal (I didn't buy it, I already had it), then I thought I might as well play the first one too since I haven't played that in such a long time too. It was much better than I remembered it being and way easier than I remembered too. Now I'm about 60-70 stars into Galaxy 2 and I also need to play through SMG 1 again as Luigi to get that 121st star. It's going to be a while until all that happens since I'm also addicted to Pokemon XD at the moment.

RE: Last game you beat - gamemaster1991 - 02-19-2015

MY HAND!!!!!!!!!!

The World Ends with You. Pick it up and play it for whoever has never played it. The pros outweigh the cons. My only piece of advice is to prepare for the final boss of the normal story. The game goes from an RPG-ish battle game (reminiscent of another Jupiter game, Chain of Memories) to a Touhou shooter that takes a long time to beat with just the stylus. To quote my first line, MY HAND!!!!!! It still kinda hurts.

I'll start on Another Day sometime in the future. After Kirby: Mass Attack and TWEwY, I need a game that does not involve you using the stylus instead of a button.

By the way, Mass Attack may be the first non-spinoff Kirby game that I did not like.

RE: Last game you beat - CLXcool - 02-22-2015

Two things.....One. MY THUMBS!!! And secondly....my quest is over! I finally beaten Adventure of Link! And Retro if you're reading this, no. I didn't use the cheat. I used the hard way to beat Shadow Link. 
[Image: d9f72e2bd3f2c8296c3550a5bfe31398-d8j33k0.jpg]

RE: Last game you beat - saintscanucks - 02-25-2015

I beat Dying Light recently... very fun