VGFacts
Last game you beat - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Last game you beat (/thread-185.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Last game you beat - Psychospacecow - 12-01-2015

I was in public w/o headset and studying but I said hi in chat.

RE: Last game you beat - gamemaster1991 - 12-01-2015

Another "dead save battery" game completed. Donkey Kong Land 2 on Game Boy. Have you played Diddy's Kong Quest on SNES? Then you have played the better version of the game. The GB version is a striped down easyer version of the game, unlike DKL1 which was a completly diffrent game to DKC1. It is hard at one or two (late game) spots but when you make the hardest level in the game "Animal Antics" easy by removing the hardest part, I think you messed up.

I also got done beating Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis on GBA with all Chaos Emeralds, because I hate myself. The game is not TOO bad but it becomes unbearable late games due to the slow down and screen crunch. Will not be picking up for a long, long, LONG time, if ever again.

RE: Last game you beat - Mass Distraction - 12-02-2015

(12-01-2015, 08:33 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I was in public w/o headset and studying but I said hi in chat.

I noticed :D I tried yelling hi just for the off chance you might have had your sounds on anyway.

RE: Last game you beat - CLXcool - 12-06-2015

Finally gotten around to beating Max Payne 3. After going through countless deaths in the final act at the airport. I finally beaten the game. Nice to see the game end on a good note for Max after all the crap that he had to go through in the game. I'm not holding my breathe on a fourth game to happen since it ends off on a good note for Max.

RE: Last game you beat - gamemaster1991 - 12-13-2015

25 to Life. There is so much wrong with this game. The controls are super uncomfortable. The sound track, while really good songs on their own (I'll put a few of my favorites in the music thread), is really repetitive and unfitting for some levels. Worst of all, it was boring for a good part of it. At lest the subway, prison, and the last level were really fun to play.

The strangest part, I don't even remember getting this game. I may have gotten it from a flea market or my mom could have gotten it think I would like it, but I have no memory of putting it in my collection.

RE: Last game you beat - CosmykTheDolfyn - 02-02-2016

I love it whenever I see a 3D adventure style game actually come out on Steam, so I heartily bought Defunct when I saw it come out.
It's a cute little game without much plot where you play as a robot. You move quite fast and the game is very short. But, I still enjoyed it.

RE: Last game you beat - gamemaster1991 - 02-03-2016

Four in February Game #1: Orphen: Scion Of Sorcery

This was an interesting game to play. Not a good game, but also not a bad game. It's an average game for an average anime. It was ok when I had to just pick one character out of three and follow thier story and I was still ok with the second charicter, but by my third go around, I was getting sick of the game (Which may have leaked on to the kid whose story I was playing at the time). The game was also too easy (not counting the two bosses I failed at) and really got hard with the true final boss who I died so many times last night that I lost count (I beat him the next day on my second try with a mix of Leeroy Jenkins-ing my thunder spell and Dumb-Ass Luck in the form of him never blocking and only using F*ck-You Lasers....... Which I tanked like a dumb ass).

I am happy To have this done now since it was on my backlog for so long. I would go on to sonic now, but my 360 has yet to arrive. So I'm on to start Viewtiful Joe. Henshin-a-go-go, baby!

Update: Four in February Game #2: Viewtiful Joe

It's a good game. Don't really have much to say about it besides it's fun but I prefer the second game. Still a little upset we're not getting the third game they proised us....... Someone start a kickstarter to get it made!

RE: Last game you beat - CLXcool - 02-06-2016

Four in February Game #1: Brutal Legend.

I think this has to be the most underrated creative video game I've ever played from Double Fine since Pyschonauts. This is Double Fine's perfect tribute to Heavy Metal(both to the genre of the music and the movie Heavy Metal which came to my mind a few times when I was playing the game). I may not be into heavy metal, but it doesn't stop the fact that Double Fine went out of their way to pay their ultimate respect to it with this video game. 

I was very happy to finish this game because it felt very good to complete it. This game truly earned its way onto my shelf of video games. Now, tomorrow I'll venture from the world of rock n roll to film noir as I begin my adventure back into the world of L.A Noire.

RE: Last game you beat - gamemaster1991 - 02-10-2016

Four in February Game(s) #3 & 3.1/3.2: F.E.A.R + F.E.A.R. Files (Extraction Point & Perseus Mandate)

......*Sigh*
I am disappoint. A few years ago I borrowed the first game from my Ex-bro and got to the end of the third chapter before I had to give up becuse I got bored and I was also tired of dying at the same point. Turns out that it got better after that, and but "got better" I mean "the 'fun' of the levels were equal to how many 'scary' elements there are (which made it better) and how many times I have to deal with the ED-209 robots (which didn't)." The only times that I was really enjoying myself was when Alma was doing the headscrew things. The big guys in the arrmor, the ninjas and the aforementioned ED-209 robots were only put in the game so I woulden't notice that it didn't want to be a horror game. I also could not stand Paxton Fettel, whom I hoped I would kill with in the first few missions and would get replaced by Alma, but NOOOOOOO. Atlest I do get to shoot him in the end, which brings me to the last level. The last level which Spoiler:entails of Alma being unleashed, causing the entire building to become hunted and you have to run away and shoot the ghosts was the most fun that I had in the game, but that may have been becuse I was so bored for most of the ride. The twist is also not shocking for anyone who is paying attention to any part of the game.

Becuse I ordered them together expecting to like the first F.E.A.R., I played the non-canon "sequel" expansions Extraction Point & Perseus Mandate, bundled together for the 360 under the name F.E.A.R. Files. More of the same, exept the story make no sense now, they added another Heavy Armor guy that is worse then the orignal Heavy, They ruined the scary bits, and They both feel like quick cash grabs due to all the copy and pasting, but they both feel a little bit better. I would prefer Perseus Mandate over the two expansions, but maybe that was becuse it really had a plot to it.

One last nit pick. Why are there Sci-Fi Laser guns in this game? Armored guys? I can deal. Big Robots that take a billion missiles to take down? I can see those existing in a game like this. Ninjas? Sure why not. Laser guns that come out of no where and everyone starts using? That just makes this game silly.

RE: Last game you beat - CLXcool - 03-07-2016

Beaten Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam last night. It was fun. It was fun to see Paper Mario mixed with the Mario and Luigi universe. There were a few missed oppurtinites that could have happened in this game(like having cameos of Mario's partners from both the first paper mario game and thousand year door, having Paper Luigi tag along with Paper Mario for this new adventure, as well as both Mario and Luigi going into the Paper Mario universe). But other than all. I had fun with this game. If they ever make a follow up to Paper Jam(which may be unlikely since every Mario and Luigi title is different) I would love to see a sequel to Paper Jam where Mario and Luigi go into the Paper Mario universe.

RE: Last game you beat - CosmykTheDolfyn - 04-09-2016

Becuase I'm bad at vidya games, I spent three hours attempting the final boss of Assault Andriod Cactus.
But I finally won!

RE: Last game you beat - RepentantSky - 04-10-2016

I beat Quantum Break last night. Overall it was pretty solid and thank god we finally have a time based thing in the media recently that does end with you going back in time and changing things so nothing you did happened (here's looking at you Butterfly Effect, The Girl who Leapt Through Time and Life is Strange). The gameplay was pretty top notch but the upgrade system was pretty worthless. I beat the whole game without getting any upgrades and I honestly forgot they were there. I hate when games make systems that aren't required, even if they are simple, because it just ends up coming off like another collection quest which the game already has a few of so there was really no point to it. The rest of the game though was a lot of fun with a good story.

RE: Last game you beat - CosmykTheDolfyn - 07-26-2016

I'm going to revive this to say I beat Cally's Caves 3. I felt I took it slowly, did it in three hours. Seen some people say it takes about 10. But really fun, solid platforming, great bosses and and excellent weapons leveling system. Pick it up, especially if you see it on sale on Steam.

RE: Last game you beat - gamemaster1991 - 07-27-2016

RLH: Run Like Hell. I picked it up just because of the title. I love the chessey title and wanted to know more about it.

It's a "take it or leave it" action game. Boring for the most part, but it had some enjoyable charicters and somewhat enjoyable plot to keep me going. Really if it was any better, I would recamind it, but as it is, it's pretty much a rental at best. Taking a look at the history for the game, it could have been a great game with a ton of sequels, but for a game made in 10 months, not bad.

RE: Last game you beat - CLXcool - 07-29-2016

Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels. Yep. I beaten this, without using cheats. And here's your proof. I played as Luigi throughout both the main set of levels and the secret levels. They were not kidding that this was hard. I think I died around 75 times alone when trying to beat the first part of the game. But either way. It was one helluva challenge to take.

[Image: e28f0542c918a0f0cb3599713797069f-daacq6l.jpg]

[Image: 88a6f052d0c453a77c3a96bac700f6ef-daayjnd.jpg]