VGFacts
SUPERHEROES!!! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Other Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: SUPERHEROES!!! (/thread-186.html)

Pages: 1 2

SUPERHEROES!!! - Mass Distraction - 03-19-2013

Simple thread about superheroes. Do you stand by Marvel? DC? Image Comics? Wildstorm? Movies, comics, animations... Everything goes! State your favorites and whatevs.

Me, I'm more of a Marvel comics fan. I do like some DC stuff, mainly Batman, and some Image Comics stuff like Spawn.

In any case, my favorite superheroes from Marvel are definitely Deadpool, Gambit and Spiderman. Mainly Deadpool. That crazy asshole. Totally excited for the upcoming game!

I (apparently) got the idea for this thread when I saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine. While it certainly was an entertaining movie they got one thing horribly wrong... Why does "The Merc With A Mouth" not have a mouth?!? He did have that epic katana scene at the beginning but still!

RE: SUPERHEROES!!! - Berry - 03-19-2013

(03-19-2013, 06:51 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I (apparently) got the idea for this thread when I saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine. While it certainly was an entertaining movie they got one thing horribly wrong... Why does "The Merc With A Mouth" not have a mouth?!? He did have that epic katana scene at the beginning but still!

Because the Movie hates you.

But on serious terms,i reside with Marvel and Dark Horse comics since DC is a wreck right now(except the Batman series,the ONLY reason why to read thier comics).Marvel because they have more better storyline and Dark Horse because they make one of the weirdest but entertaining comics.

RE: SUPERHEROES!!! - Mass Distraction - 03-19-2013

What specifically do you read from Dark Horse? They sure have some interesting stories.

And I agree with DC and Batman. He's pretty much the only DC hero I actually like.

(03-19-2013, 07:00 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: What specifically do you read from Dark Horse? They sure have some interesting stories.

And I agree with DC and Batman. He's pretty much the only DC hero I actually like.

Well,I love the hell out of Sin City, the movie was good too but not what i really expected but good nevertheless. I'm also akin by the Dark Horse Present stories which IMO By far the best of the bunch.

I haven't read Sin City but I thought the movie was really good. I like movies that are different.

(03-19-2013, 07:16 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I haven't read Sin City but I thought the movie was really good. I like movies that are different.

Yeah i can't wait for the sequel, i probably be shrieking like last time.

don't ask.

RE: SUPERHEROES!!! - ThePlainGamer - 03-19-2013

(03-19-2013, 06:51 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Me, I'm more of a Marvel comics fan. I do like some DC stuff, mainly Batman, and some Image Comics stuff like Spawn.

I'm with you, I am a Marvel man myself and the only things from DC I actually read is Batman. I also like spawn but my brother is a huge fan.

As for Deadpool I'm a pretty big fan, I have is first three appearances and almost all of his one shots and main series.
My favorite superhero is either Captain America or Spider Man, probably Cap and he has the largest/most expensive place in my collection and the oldest Captain America I have is Tales of Suspence 58, if you don't count that as Captain America then it would be Captain America 100

RE: SUPERHEROES!!! - Psychospacecow - 03-19-2013

(03-19-2013, 07:16 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I haven't read Sin City but I thought the movie was really good. I like movies that are different.

Are the servers still down?
(what is this Sin City of which you speak)

RE: SUPERHEROES!!! - Wardenclyffe - 03-19-2013

Pretty bummed that there's Darkhorse talk around here but no one has mentioned The Goon, Hellboy or B.P.R.D yet. They're all really great series. The Goon is more humorous than the other two, but Hellboy is easily one of my favorite books/characters.

That said, I mostly read Marvel stuff. I haven't read much DC, mostly some New 52 stuff.

RE: SUPERHEROES!!! - supersquid64 - 03-19-2013

My avatar kind of suggests mine! :P Blue Beetle from DC, I loved the new 52 reincarnation of him and the way they portrayed him on Young Justice.

I also think characters like Green Arrow is pretty ace and Static Shock as well is up in my favourites. (Also with this thread are anti-heroes/villains allowed because if so Deathstroke is awesome!)

(03-19-2013, 07:19 PM)Berry Wrote:

Yeah i can't wait for the sequel, i probably be shrieking like last time.

don't ask.

There's gonna be a sequel?! Now I'm looking forward to possible double pack.

(03-19-2013, 07:57 PM)supersquid64 Wrote: (Also with this thread are anti-heroes/villains allowed because if so Deathstroke is awesome!)

Of course, why else would we be talking about Deadpool :P

RE: SUPERHEROES!!! - Wardenclyffe - 03-19-2013

Deadpool's current run is probably my favorite Deadpool. Posehn is rocking the crap out of DP.

RE: SUPERHEROES!!! - supersquid64 - 03-19-2013

(03-19-2013, 08:01 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(03-19-2013, 07:57 PM)supersquid64 Wrote: (Also with this thread are anti-heroes/villains allowed because if so Deathstroke is awesome!)

Of course, why else would we be talking about Deadpool :P

To be fair I'm a little out of touch with Marvel! :P *Cough I totally didn't misread*

I don't read Marvel haha more of a DC guy myself. However out of all the Marvel characters I've seen Deadpool seems cool.

Also just because I haven't really seen it mentioned, so Superman he's pretty strong... :P

RE: SUPERHEROES!!! - JiraiyaSennin - 03-19-2013

I too am more of a Marvel guy myself, but I do like Batman and Superman. My two ultimate favorites are The Hulk and Wolverine.

RE: SUPERHEROES!!! - CosmykTheDolfyn - 03-19-2013

My fave superhero of all time is Nightcrawler from X Men.