VGFacts
Should We Post Any Finding of the Konami Code? - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Main (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Trivia Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Should We Post Any Finding of the Konami Code? (/thread-2237.html)

Should We Post Any Finding of the Konami Code? - Pogue-Mahone - 12-08-2014

I was about to post trivia to the site about finding the Konami Code in a cartoon. But then I realized that the Konami Code has been used so many times in shows, cartoons, and movies. It's one of the most well known secrets in video games that you can spot it without even trying. 

If I were to submit my finding, as would everyone else post theirs, then the Konami page on the site would pretty much be flooded with "The Konami Code shows up here," "the Konami Code shows up there," "there's a band named the Konami Code."

With that said, should we even bother flooding the Konami Developer Page with the many findings of the Konami Code or just have an unwritten rule (or is there already a rule?) stating, "The Konami Code is everywhere, there's no need to post every single mention of it on the site."

Then again, we could start a Konami Code Collective where we can all post the many findings of the Konami Code we happen to find. A tumblr page perhaps?

RE: Should We Post Any Finding of the Konami Code? - Mass Distraction - 12-08-2014

I tried posting a Konami Code trivia once, it wasn't accepted due to the possible flooding.

RE: Should We Post Any Finding of the Konami Code? - Dazz - 12-09-2014

These are references to Konami in other media - not Konami referencing other things. We have a rule that when there is trivia that someone makes a cameo in something else, if it isn't a game, it doesn't belong on this site.

There was a huge volume of Wreck-It Ralph trivia that was coming in, and we aren't a film trivia site. We're a gaming trivia site. If you want trivia on Wreck-It Ralph, go to IMDB.

RE: Should We Post Any Finding of the Konami Code? - Pogue-Mahone - 12-09-2014

(12-09-2014, 03:57 AM)Dazz Wrote: These are references to Konami in other media - not Konami referencing other things. We have a rule that when there is trivia that someone makes a cameo in something else, if it isn't a game, it doesn't belong on this site.

There was a huge volume of Wreck-It Ralph trivia that was coming in, and we aren't a film trivia site. We're a gaming trivia site. If you want trivia on Wreck-It Ralph, go to IMDB.

That actually clears up a whole lot! Thanks man.

RE: Should We Post Any Finding of the Konami Code? - mattwo - 12-29-2014

(12-09-2014, 03:57 AM)Dazz Wrote: These are references to Konami in other media - not Konami referencing other things. We have a rule that when there is trivia that someone makes a cameo in something else, if it isn't a game, it doesn't belong on this site.

Let me get this straight: It's ok if you mention on a game's page that it has the Konami code, but references to the Konami code in other forms of media such as TV, Books, and Movies, should not be listed on the Konami page right?

RE: Should We Post Any Finding of the Konami Code? - CosmykTheDolfyn - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 02:24 AM)mattwo Wrote:

Let me get this straight: It's ok if you mention on a game's page that it has the Konami code, but references to the Konami code in other forms of media such as TV, Books, and Movies, should not be listed on the Konami page right?
You are correct.

RE: Should We Post Any Finding of the Konami Code? - Mass Distraction - 01-04-2015

(12-09-2014, 03:57 AM)Dazz Wrote: There was a huge volume of Wreck-It Ralph trivia that was coming in, and we aren't a film trivia site. We're a gaming trivia site. If you want trivia on Wreck-It Ralph, go to IMDB.

Sooo how's the DidYouKnowMovies thing going?