VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 11-09-2013

(11-09-2013, 08:53 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I can't understand how people break their PS controllers. Mine have withstood all kinds of abuse and all work like dream.

My black PS controllers L3 button is broke. When you press it, it doesnt even work. My blue controller had the same problem, but fixed itself somehow.

And sometimes, on random occasions, my black PS3 controller will control itself...

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 11-10-2013

(11-09-2013, 10:59 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote: And sometimes, on random occasions, my black PS3 controller will control itself...

I had the same problem with my PS2 controllers. That's a sign of it gradually wearing out. Eventually the buttons just stop responding entirely.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 11-10-2013

(11-10-2013, 10:10 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 10:59 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote: And sometimes, on random occasions, my black PS3 controller will control itself...

I had the same problem with my PS2 controllers. That's a sign of it gradually wearing out. Eventually the buttons just stop responding entirely.

Thing is, it only happens with me; Never happens when my brothers using the controller. Also, its only certain games, like on Call of Duty: Black ops 2 just yesterday, for a few seconds it just randomly was switching weapons and shooting. Its pretty weird, but by now im kinda used to it.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 11-11-2013

(11-09-2013, 03:50 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 02:48 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Just packed up the old N64 today and I realized there's a very big thing that nongamers will never understand: The knock-off controllers will never be a proper substitute for the official controller. One year for my birthday I asked for a second controller to my N64 and my mom bought me an off brand one since it was "cheaper".

It's bulkier, but not as long, and feels terrible to hold. I should go online and buy another N64 controller because I'm sure by now the one that originally came with the system isn't as responsive. Funny how one N64 controller has outlived two of my PS2 ones.

I'm not sure if you saw them or knew about them, but Blockbuster once had rentable N64s that you could take home when you rented a game. It came in this big black case and had all the hook ups and two controllers. My mom use to rent one for me and my siblings back in the day and she bought one when they were going out of style. I will have to show you guys it one of these days.

Also I had an off brand controller. The C buttons are sticky and the control stick had the top brake off of it.

Sounds like an awesome collectors item.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 11-12-2013

(11-09-2013, 08:53 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I can't understand how people break their PS controllers. Mine have withstood all kinds of abuse and all work like dream.

They're weak controllers.

They really are, especially the ones that don't have rumble, it's just a hollow shell.

Although, I haven't broken any of the controllers, the first one I got was broken, it came with the pre-owned console.

I have broken my Dreamcast controllers though, I only have one that is in good shape. The others must've seen wear and tear throughout the years I've owned them.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 11-12-2013

The joysticks on my ps2 controllers tend to get misaligned, the cables fray (dang cats), the casing breaks at the seams, stuff like that.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 11-12-2013

That reminds me of the horror that is the wires of my PS2 controllers, they are kinked to all hell. They used to be a decent length and have bent and turned into something nearly unusable.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 11-13-2013

(11-12-2013, 02:54 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:

They're weak controllers.

They really are, especially the ones that don't have rumble, it's just a hollow shell.

Although, I haven't broken any of the controllers, the first one I got was broken, it came with the pre-owned console.

I have broken my Dreamcast controllers though, I only have one that is in good shape. The others must've seen wear and tear throughout the years I've owned them.

Huh. I've actually found them to be some of the sturdiest controllers I've had. They've withstood dropping, throwing, dragging, flipping.... All kinds of stuff. I even once accidentally threw one to a brick wall when my friend decided to not catch it and dodged. Still works perfectly.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Combat Lobster - 11-13-2013

http://bubsy3d.com/

What could possibly go wrongggggGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!????

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - JiraiyaSennin - 11-13-2013

Some new features in Super Mario 3D World.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 11-13-2013

(11-13-2013, 03:07 PM)Lightmatt Wrote: http://bubsy3d.com/

What could possibly go wrongggggGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!????

I broke the game in 3 minutes.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 11-13-2013

(11-13-2013, 03:14 PM)JiraiyaSannin Wrote: Some new features in Super Mario 3D World.

You see Nintendo? If you use the popular characters that people like as playable characters, more people will think your more than a one trick pony.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 11-14-2013

(11-13-2013, 04:17 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(11-13-2013, 03:14 PM)JiraiyaSannin Wrote: Some new features in Super Mario 3D World.

You see Nintendo? If you use the popular characters that people like as playable characters, more people will think your more than a one trick pony.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to Nintendo's next rehash of Super Mario 3D World in which you get to play as one new character with a new cat power up.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CosmykTheDolfyn - 11-14-2013

WOW, that video featured like... Nothing new? Like things like speed runs and stuff that have been in so many Mario games before hand? And a cart style course? How is a copy of Mario Kart a brand new feature in a Mario game?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 11-15-2013

Got my PS4 if you did not pre order your gonna have a bad time...