VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 12-13-2013

(12-13-2013, 03:47 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

If this was a thing... I would most likely not buy it. But hey, it's nicely done and the ending made me chuckle.

Thats pretty awesome!
Lol at the "Brick Killed A Guy" Trophy.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CosmykTheDolfyn - 12-14-2013

So, got a copy of a point and click puzzle game for the Wii called Safecracker. My brain now hurts.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 12-14-2013

I just finished Metro: LL, and I am a bit disappointed at it.

Pretty much the last couple of levels were not very fun, nor were they interesting, and the game felt really short in general. The ending was stupid too.

EDIT: Ah, I just found out the game has some sort of hidden morale point system. Turned out, I got the bad ending in both games. No idea how, since I always make sure I don't kill surrendering enemies, and save people as much as I can.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 12-14-2013

I think I just found one of the most boring boss fights in videogaming, ever. The final boss in Metal Gear Rising. No, not Metal Gear Excelsus, I mean Armstrong. By the way spoilers, though I don't care since the plot is guff anyways. It was literally so boring that I had to stop playing before I fell asleep. It was just... so... bland. Not sure if I'll ever even bother finishing the game.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 12-14-2013

Yeah that part was a real low-point, a bad send-off to a good game. But on the plus side, "NANOMACHINES, SON!"

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 12-14-2013

It took me 2 weeks to beat Armstrong.
2 WEEKS.

Idk why I found it so hard... Probably because of the part were you had to slice that tank/truck/thing he eventually throws at you. I could never get a perfect slice. Then, I found out you could dodge it.

Monsoon though... I beat him in 1 hour. Still insanely hard, but easier somehow.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 12-14-2013

Oh god, Monsoon. My first time playing I was on normal and I was so awful at the second Monsoon battle that I restarted the game on easy and ran through the entire game in 3 hours.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 12-15-2013

(12-14-2013, 08:25 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote: It took me 2 weeks to beat Armstrong.
2 WEEKS.

Idk why I found it so hard... Probably because of the part were you had to slice that tank/truck/thing he eventually throws at you. I could never get a perfect slice. Then, I found out you could dodge it.

Monsoon though... I beat him in 1 hour. Still insanely hard, but easier somehow.

Monsoon was painful but when I learned how to battle him correctly it took me like three to five tries. The second battle wasn't all that bad since he couldn't throw those scrap piles at you anymore.

As for Armstrong... My main grief about the battle is that there's really not much you can do, battle wise. You hit him a couple of times, he does a super fire move that you have to run away from, you run back, hit him a couple of times, run away again and repeat until the end of times. I got this part of the battle down but when he starts throwing those gigantic pieces of land at you I can get the first slice perfect but for some reason the second one doesn't allow me to aim high enough with the sword to actually hit all of the hot spots. Knowing that I can dodge it should help, so thanks for that.

It really doesn't help that I had only three nanopastes with me when I originally started battling him, used one in the first battle where you just had to bide your time (didn't know this yet) and two in the second battle without a sword when Raiden goes all serious (I really though it was going to be it) and now I have to do the FINAL final battle without any healing items.

After the realization that I wasn't going to win started sinking I was doing so horribly I kept dying in a matter of minutes so I threw my controller to the hallway and called it quits.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 12-15-2013

2 WEEKS.

For armstorng i went back to other levels got my blades and other items upgraded than went back to face armstrong

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 12-15-2013

(12-15-2013, 08:08 AM)PixelXenoKing Wrote:
2 WEEKS.

For armstorng i went back to other levels got my blades and other items upgraded than went back to face armstrong

Upgrading your weaponry doesn't matter, though, as you fight him with Sam's blade.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 12-15-2013

I got my dualshock 4 working on my PC and it's so much better than the 360 controller, especially for emulators where I can use a good d-pad. The touchpad also works as the mouse cursor, but it's not that good for small movements and it's a bit awkward to use. And you can change the light bar color to whatever you want, it has red, green, and blue sliders that go from 0 to 255.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 12-15-2013

Well, my blue controller finally lost it.

I was trying to play, I was at the PS3s menu, and it just rapidly went left and right. I thought it was just the analog stick, but now its the D Pad too. It will just go in a lot of directions. Cant use it anymore, and brother refuses to take it apart to fix it. Not to mention the buttons on the D pad have MAJOR lag when I press them. It will take like, 5 seconds for the up button to actually go up on the screen! And sometimes it will go down instead! Not to mention the controller works PERFECTLY FINE FOR MY BROTHER.

Also, with my blue and black controller, when you hit L3 in some games, it wont be L3 and instead it will just choose a random button to choose. Like, I can press it, then it will press R1 instead of being L3. How am I supposed to play games without the L3 button? How am I supposed to get the Monsoon trophy to beat him without losing a single health point?! (I beat him once without dying, though. Trophy either glitched, or its because I died on the checkpoint, the easiest part of the battle...)

Dont even get me started on playing Call of Duty or Playstation All Stars with these controllers...

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 12-15-2013

(12-15-2013, 08:14 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
2 WEEKS.

Upgrading your weaponry doesn't matter, though, as you fight him with Sam's blade.

I didn upgrade that weapon because i know you fight him with Sam's blade i upgraded everything else like Health and that other weapon you get from the first boss

(12-15-2013, 12:13 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote: Well, my blue controller finally lost it.

I was trying to play, I was at the PS3s menu, and it just rapidly went left and right. I thought it was just the analog stick, but now its the D Pad too. It will just go in a lot of directions. Cant use it anymore, and brother refuses to take it apart to fix it. Not to mention the buttons on the D pad have MAJOR lag when I press them. It will take like, 5 seconds for the up button to actually go up on the screen! And sometimes it will go down instead! Not to mention the controller works PERFECTLY FINE FOR MY BROTHER.

Also, with my blue and black controller, when you hit L3 in some games, it wont be L3 and instead it will just choose a random button to choose. Like, I can press it, then it will press R1 instead of being L3. How am I supposed to play games without the L3 button? How am I supposed to get the Monsoon trophy to beat him without losing a single health point?! (I beat him once without dying, though. Trophy either glitched, or its because I died on the checkpoint, the easiest part of the battle...)

Dont even get me started on playing Call of Duty or Playstation All Stars with these controllers...

I think those trophys are glitched i beat the first boss on hard without losing a single health point and still did not get it

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 12-15-2013

2 WEEKS.

Just spam Raidens jump since it has a few invincibility frames

I also hate those sideways slices but other than, awesome fight.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 12-16-2013

(12-15-2013, 02:18 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote:
(12-15-2013, 08:14 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
2 WEEKS.

I didn upgrade that weapon because i know you fight him with Sam's blade i upgraded everything else like Health and that other weapon you get from the first boss

There's no point in upgrading the secondary weapons either since literally the only weapon available is Sam's sword.