VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 12-23-2013

(12-22-2013, 10:08 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: Are the Silent Hill games good? Should I get the HD collection for PS3? I don't know why, but I feel like I'm missing out by not playing them.

YES. Silent Hill is godly. I know some purists would kill you for ev en cosnidering the HD collection instead of the original versions but I personally see no problem with the PS3 version since that one was actually patched, unlike the xbox one. I have the HD collection for PS3 myself. Iwould suggest starting from the first game, though. It's available on PSN for like 5 bucks.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 12-23-2013

(12-23-2013, 12:53 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(12-22-2013, 10:08 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: Are the Silent Hill games good? Should I get the HD collection for PS3? I don't know why, but I feel like I'm missing out by not playing them.

YES. Silent Hill is godly. I know some purists would kill you for ev en cosnidering the HD collection instead of the original versions but I personally see no problem with the PS3 version since that one was actually patched, unlike the xbox one. I have the HD collection for PS3 myself. Iwould suggest starting from the first game, though. It's available on PSN for like 5 bucks.

Cool, I have some left over money on PSN, so I'm totally going to get it. I haven't played a horror game in a long time. And I think I'll try and play the original versions, I'd rather not get burned by an HD remake again (I'm looking at you Ratchet: Deadlocked).

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 12-23-2013

(12-23-2013, 01:43 PM)Zaliphone Wrote:

Cool, I have some left over money on PSN, so I'm totally going to get it. I haven't played a horror game in a long time. And I think I'll try and play the original versions, I'd rather not get burned by an HD remake again (I'm looking at you Ratchet: Deadlocked).

There's actually a collected edition for the PS2, too, called The Silent Hill Collection. It has SH2-4 and, if I'm not mistaken, the SH2 in that collection was the extended edition. Totally recommended. On a side note, the HD collection also has the extended edition.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 12-23-2013

(12-23-2013, 01:52 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(12-23-2013, 01:43 PM)Zaliphone Wrote:

There's actually a collected edition for the PS2, too, called The Silent Hill Collection. It has SH2-4 and, if I'm not mistaken, the SH2 in that collection was the extended edition. Totally recommended. On a side note, the HD collection also has the extended edition.

Nice, if I end up really liking Silent Hill I'll definitely have to search for it on like ebay or something.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 12-25-2013

Whenever someone gets an Xbox ONE/360 for Christmas, add me :)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 12-25-2013

^

We're friends on the 360, right?

Also, I completed God Hand today.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 12-25-2013

I cannot think of a manlier game than Animal Crossing: New Leaf. 10/10, GOTY.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 12-25-2013

Very mixed feeling at the moment. 3 people in my house installing world of warcraft at the same time but as a result, I can't access steam's store.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 12-25-2013

Don't feel too bad, Left4Dead2 is free on Steam right now so pretty much nobody can access the Steam store. All I want to do is get my friend a gift :(

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 12-25-2013

Well, I'm a Worgen Druid on the Sentinels server now.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 12-25-2013

So much people got PS4 as a gift because PSN was down today for 3 hours good thing was the 3 hours happen to be the hours i was not home. And i got left 4 dead 2 free now i have 3 steam games

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 12-25-2013

Yeah, I noticed psn was down too, should be fine now though

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 12-25-2013

So to make up for getting next to nothing for Christmas, my sister has fond a guy who is selling GBC and GBA games for $3 each, which I'll be going to look at tomorrow. I know someone has told me not to by GBC games due to the save battery, but I still want two of my favorite Zelda games (guess what they are) which he has in the lot, along with Pokemon Gold and Yu Yu Hakusho: Tournament Tactics (which I lost by letting friends "borrow" them).

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 12-27-2013

Pokebank is delayed. Yaaay, been waiting 3 months for this stupid application that not only allows the worst hacks ever to be uploaded but to be told it's been delayed the day before release.
Nintendo, why are you such a shit company?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 12-27-2013

(12-27-2013, 08:15 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Pokebank is delayed. Yaaay, been waiting 3 months for this stupid application that not only allows the worst hacks ever to be uploaded but to be told it's been delayed the day before release.
Nintendo, why are you such a shit company?

Pokebank?