VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 01-12-2014

The blindfolded Super Punch Out from AGDQ was probably one of the most impressive things I've ever seen.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 01-13-2014

(01-12-2014, 11:40 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(01-10-2014, 08:18 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 01:53 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I gave in...

I gave into Cex and bought Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for £34.50.

I-I feel violated.

Here's hoping it's not some sticky broken case with a scratched up disc and no manual.

Yeah not to sound like a dick, if that game was complete, you made a pretty decent deal on that. But since it didn't have the manual and a scratched disc, that's pretty stupid of them. Still though, you have a very valuable game dude.
That being said, the UK is getting worse for games. With HMV going out and Blockbuster now properly closing down, all we have is GAME and CEX and both of them are shit. I hate both of them.
my trade-in value on PS4(Playstation frikkin 4) is £22ish for Knack, Need for Speed: Rivals and Killzone: Shadow Fall but they sell them for £40 at minimum. It's a fuckin' joke.

That being said I'm always looking for rare games in there.

Yeah, it came with everything, the manual, both discs in great condition, and even a warranty from when it was purchased 9 years ago. If was from Game if your OCD wants to know.

The only drawback is that the case, and the manual are in German. Everything else is in English, including the dialogue in the game, but it's kind of annoying.

AH OK :D

(01-12-2014, 09:40 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: So, I was watching the speed run of F-Zero X during AGDQ and I was getting extremely angry. I'm sitting there, thinking, DUDE, his scores are awful. He's losing at least one race per cup. I never lose a race. I...

Then it struck me. You may see me attempting a perfect F-Zero X run video, 600 points every cup, WITHOUT fancy glitches. Because I feel it's child's play. But I was not expecting to watch a run and think... "I can do better than that." Ya'll wait.

Check out last years run of GX by Yoshifan (if you haven't already). Was amazing

Happy to see they hit the 1 million mark in donations as well as 100K viewers on Twitch.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CosmykTheDolfyn - 01-13-2014

CGN's GX run was twice as good as yoshi's this year. Last mission, he beat the staff ghost by 15 seconds, at least. He gave Deathborn a 26 seconds head start in mission 8 on very hard. As someone commented "Human TAS bot confirmed. It was that good.

But the X run was meh. He did indeed do cuts that I've never seen. But courses without shortcuts he did very poorly, getting as low as 11th place because he didn't know how to flat out outrace the computer. I might not know all those cuts, but I almost always win every race in master cups and get better times on courses without shortcuts than the runner was posting.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 01-13-2014

Kentucky Route Zero has to be the weirdest game I've ever played and I've played a lot of games. Half of this game makes no sense to me. Third floor for bears.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 01-13-2014

The WiiU is pretty cheap now and comes with two games... I think might buy one when I get my next paycheck.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 01-13-2014

(01-13-2014, 12:23 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: The WiiU is pretty cheap now and comes with two games... I think might buy one when I get my next paycheck.

I still don't think there are enough games that makes buying any of the systems Worth it. If you ask me, the only games worth buying would be Mario U, Nintendo Land, and Hyrule Warriors.

While we're at it, the only games worth buying a PS4 for are inFAMOUS: Second Son, and maybe the new Killzone and Uncharted. The XBOne only has Killer Instinct, and maybe Dead Rising 3.

This is only my opinion and I was naming off console exclusives, which is why there is no Kingdom Hearts, Assassin's Creed, Beyond Good & Evil, or Metal Gear. I'm just waiting for a good reson to buy one of these (aside from Hyrule Warriors and inFAMOUS).

Edit: I just found out about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Buy the Wii U. It's worth it now.

Also found out that they are doing a sequel to Marc Ecko's Getting Up, which is weird since I don't think anyone other than me has heard of it.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CosmykTheDolfyn - 01-13-2014

CrazyGameNerd's run of F-Zero GX. If you watched YoshiFan's last year and thought it was amazing, prepare to have your head explode.

Edit: BTW, I completely agree with the sentiment that Story Mode part 7 is the most difficult part. I actually always thought that chapter 5, which most other F-Zero people argue is either the hardest or second hardest, is the easiest. It's just a memorizing a 40 second route, even though it is massively precise. It was actually the first one I ever beat on very hard.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 01-13-2014

(01-13-2014, 01:48 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(01-13-2014, 12:23 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: The WiiU is pretty cheap now and comes with two games... I think might buy one when I get my next paycheck.

I still don't think there are enough games that makes buying any of the systems Worth it. If you ask me, the only games worth buying would be Mario U, Nintendo Land, and Hyrule Warriors.

While we're at it, the only games worth buying a PS4 for are inFAMOUS: Second Son, and maybe the new Killzone and Uncharted. The XBOne only has Killer Instinct, and maybe Dead Rising 3.

This is only my opinion and I was naming off console exclusives, which is why there is no Kingdom Hearts, Assassin's Creed, Beyond Good & Evil, or Metal Gear. I'm just waiting for a good reson to buy one of these (aside from Hyrule Warriors and inFAMOUS).

Edit: I just found out about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Buy the Wii U. It's worth it now.

Also found out that they are doing a sequel to Marc Ecko's Getting Up, which is weird since I don't think anyone other than me has heard of it.

It's Bayonetta 2 and the new Smash Brothers that I'm hyped for. Haven't really looked at a list of anything else upcoming since I really am more interested in handheld games.

I just hope the price of the PS3 plummets so I can get Persona 5. It'll kill me not to play that game. It's one of the few series that keeps getting better and better; it's really like the creators pay close attention to what everyone liked/disliked and do their best to fix it.

I thought I saw that Chibi Robo is actually getting a sequel on the 3DS. I need to look into that.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 01-13-2014

As far as I know the new Chibi Robo is completely different from the first 2. Something about taking pictures of things, it sounds very intriguing.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 01-14-2014

(01-13-2014, 12:20 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Kentucky Route Zero has to be the weirdest game I've ever played and I've played a lot of games. Half of this game makes no sense to me. Third floor for bears.

Hey Cosmyk, since you thanked my post seen above, can I assume you have played the game yourself? If so, what are your opinions on it? I need someone to share my confusion with.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 01-14-2014

(01-13-2014, 10:47 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: As far as I know the new Chibi Robo is completely different from the first 2. Something about taking pictures of things, it sounds very intriguing.

So, Pokemon Snap?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 01-14-2014

(01-14-2014, 06:29 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(01-13-2014, 10:47 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: As far as I know the new Chibi Robo is completely different from the first 2. Something about taking pictures of things, it sounds very intriguing.

So, Pokemon Snap?

Kind of, except instead of taking pictures in the game, you take pictures of stuff in real life.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 01-14-2014

I've been meaning to ask this... What made you choose Cain as your avatar, Zaliphone?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 01-14-2014

I chose Cain because he is my favorite character in BoI. One day I realized that despite being on the forums since day 1 that I didn't have an avatar, so I thought for a bit and decided I would use Cain.

Fun fact: Pretty much every account I have on other websites that use avatars, I use the same image. Sometimes I have to crop it or upscale it because of odd requirements.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 01-15-2014

(01-14-2014, 04:23 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I chose Cain because he is my favorite character in BoI. One day I realized that despite being on the forums since day 1 that I didn't have an avatar, so I thought for a bit and decided I would use Cain.

Fun fact: Pretty much every account I have on other websites that use avatars, I use the same image. Sometimes I have to crop it or upscale it because of odd requirements.

Cain is pretty sweet, though I prefer Judas myself.

I can relate. I have like ten versions of this avatar on my computer just in case.