VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Milkman - 03-29-2013

I got Bioshock Infinite yesterday. How long is this game? I just wanted to know, because I just got out of Finkton. Is there much more?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 03-29-2013

(03-29-2013, 02:26 PM)Milkman Wrote: I got Bioshock Infinite yesterday. How long is this game? I just wanted to know, because I just got out of Finkton. Is there much more?

It's around 10+ hours. Finkerton is a large portion of the game. After that there is a little bit more, another big section and then the end("The end" lasting around two hours itself). I'd say your around halfish way. But I've been looking at EVERYTHING from scenerary, to find Voxophones for more lore. So it may be a tad shorter if you haven't been looking around much. Still a decent amount left.

Just spent the last 1 or so since that post looking up more into the ending. Obviously I wouldn't even dare spoil it, but it's Ken Levines genius writing at it's best. It's incredible and I already plan on starting again tomorrow. Amazing game(series) of this generation.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Ouberry_13 - 03-29-2013

Hell yea, Adam!
Now I know he's my main. Just look at that Egyptian bastard. Look at how cool he is.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - A Zombie Riot - 03-29-2013

I might be giving away a Gears of War (1) Download code for the Xbox 360 later. Stay tuned.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Raiden Blackwood - 03-29-2013

Is it sad that I've been playing Skyrim in my head? I'm in talks for the PSP. I just need to find the original charger or buy a new one.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SuperMasterGamer - 03-29-2013

I sometimes hate my connection.

Whenever I'm trying to connect to a multiplayer game in Happy Wars, it keeps getting server errors. It's not the game, it's my connection because if someone else is also online, the NAT server becomes strict, therefore it's hard for me to play games.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 03-29-2013

Just played a good few hours of Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel with my friend. Started on Hard. What great co-op games these are. Weapon customization <3

(03-29-2013, 08:23 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 04:39 AM)BomberJ Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 07:46 PM)SuperMasterGamer Wrote: Question.

Should I get Resident Evil 5?

I would say yes. It's one of the worst Resident Evil games, but it's not a bad game. Better if you play it with a friend. It's not scary anyway, so it's ok (and the AI it's preety bad).

Another question:
Anyone who has played RE: Operation Racoon City could tell me how it is? Don't know if to buy it.

It's apparently decent in gameplay but not much else. I haven't played it yet and I've already come to the conclusion it's just shitty gamers bitching about something else. Still I haven't played so I can't say but it wouldn't surprise me if the game is good.

I've played through my copy once. It was fun, actually. Sure, not the best game ever, but fun. It even made me want to buy the DLC chapters and go through those.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - cingchris - 03-29-2013

(03-29-2013, 03:21 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: I might be giving away a Gears of War (1) Download code for the Xbox 360 later. Stay tuned.

Hmm, very intriguing...I want it.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - A Zombie Riot - 03-30-2013

Played some Halo 4 with one of my best friends dad. Was not having as much fun as I would've liked to.

(03-29-2013, 09:58 PM)cingchris Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 03:21 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: I might be giving away a Gears of War (1) Download code for the Xbox 360 later. Stay tuned.

Hmm, very intriguing...I want it.

Well, the guy who is initially giving it away hasn't responded to my request yet... so, I'll probably do it later in the day. Just keep an eye out.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SuperMasterGamer - 03-30-2013

So, a friend of mine decided to play some Happy Wars last night and I beat him in the first round then we teamed up and lost the second round.

I was gonna start a third round, but he had to get off because of the "family timer" his mom has on his Xbox 360.

So, I went to bed.

It was fun though, I can tell you that much.

A Zombie Riot Wrote:I might be giving away a Gears of War (1) Download code for the Xbox 360 later. Stay tuned.

Okay, I'm staying tuned.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-30-2013

(03-29-2013, 03:18 PM)Ouberry_13 Wrote: Hell yea, Adam!
Now I know he's my main. Just look at that Egyptian bastard. Look at how cool he is.

Question is, does that mean he's on Supe's side for this game?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Milkman - 03-30-2013

(03-29-2013, 02:53 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 02:26 PM)Milkman Wrote: I got Bioshock Infinite yesterday. How long is this game? I just wanted to know, because I just got out of Finkton. Is there much more?

It's around 10+ hours. Finkerton is a large portion of the game. After that there is a little bit more, another big section and then the end("The end" lasting around two hours itself). I'd say your around halfish way. But I've been looking at EVERYTHING from scenerary, to find Voxophones for more lore. So it may be a tad shorter if you haven't been looking around much. Still a decent amount left.

Just spent the last 1 or so since that post looking up more into the ending. Obviously I wouldn't even dare spoil it, but it's Ken Levines genius writing at it's best. It's incredible and I already plan on starting again tomorrow. Amazing game(series) of this generation.

I just finished it today, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. The gameplay felt very good and the artistic style of the game was just stunning. The ending is amazing and I loved all the hints your given throughout the game. None of it makes sense until the very end. It's sort of like that one video where the artist has 90 seconds to paint a picture. He paints it and it looks like a garbled mess until at the last second he flips it over, it all clicks into place and you realize the bigger picture. It's a masterpiece.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 03-30-2013

Ok, I'm playing Bioshock, and I've reached this room where a little sister is about to get killed. I have the option to either harvest or save her (some doctor threw me a vial of whatnot and said I shouldn't but Mr Irish bloke says I should).

Now, I'm far more inclined to save her because I'm the kind of gamer who feels bad for knocking a passer-by over on GTA. Which is the better option, VGF Forums ?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-30-2013

(03-30-2013, 02:50 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: Ok, I'm playing Bioshock, and I've reached this room where a little sister is about to get killed. I have the option to either harvest or save her (some doctor threw me a vial of whatnot and said I shouldn't but Mr Irish bloke says I should).

Now, I'm far more inclined to save her because I'm the kind of gamer who feels bad for knocking a passer-by over on GTA. Which is the better option, VGF Forums ?

If you want to be the good guy, save her, if you want more atom, don't.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - cingchris - 03-30-2013

(03-30-2013, 02:50 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: Ok, I'm playing Bioshock, and I've reached this room where a little sister is about to get killed. I have the option to either harvest or save her (some doctor threw me a vial of whatnot and said I shouldn't but Mr Irish bloke says I should).

Personally I saved them all, but if you want a crap-load more adam harvest her. Really it's a morel question and not a question of which is better for your gameplay, I like to think "what would I actually do in this situation" when one of these questions arise in games. I usually pick the good one instead of the bad one, but sometimes I just don't care or find my actions justified by the circumstances.