VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 02-24-2014

All this Pokemon talk going on... I totally had to find the 151 Rom and play it. Can't wait to build my beastly team! You can catch all the starters so fast! I just wish it had been altered so Pokemon that need to be traded would evolve through leveling up.

You can trade for them, but I hate traded Pokemon. So much weaker and with dumb nicknames.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 02-24-2014

(02-24-2014, 10:54 AM)Zaliphone Wrote: I just realized that my favorite games have incredibly complicated stories. I honestly don't think it's possible to explain to someone the entire story of the Kingdom Hearts or Metal Gear Solid series in under 40 minutes. More if the person doesn't play video games, because I've found that somehow complicates it further.

Metal Gear Solid.

There, took about 10 minutes to type.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 02-24-2014

Shoot... I hate Roms! I got tricked like the Twitch version and I can't get the 151 Rom to work since I'm not familiar enough with them to understand what I have to do.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 02-24-2014

(02-24-2014, 02:28 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Shoot... I hate Roms! I got tricked like the Twitch version and I can't get the 151 Rom to work since I'm not familiar enough with them to understand what I have to do.

Download an emulator like Visual Boy Advance (personal pick) and drag the .gb or .gbc file on it. That's pretty much all you gotta do.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 02-24-2014

Oh man, them mods.
Retrolinkx:
Spoilers incase people who haven't played the series get spoiled.

Hex':
ROM talk is bad. :(

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 02-24-2014

(02-24-2014, 02:23 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(02-24-2014, 10:54 AM)Zaliphone Wrote: I just realized that my favorite games have incredibly complicated stories. I honestly don't think it's possible to explain to someone the entire story of the Kingdom Hearts or Metal Gear Solid series in under 40 minutes. More if the person doesn't play video games, because I've found that somehow complicates it further.

Metal Gear Solid.

Well god damn, I am impressed. There are a few missing details, but if someone has never played the games before then those won't matter.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CosmykTheDolfyn - 02-25-2014

You know that feeling when you finally get all the equipment you need to record console game play and you're doing a speed run and it's going insanely well and you're on track to beat your PB and some really wacky RNG kicks in that in the last lap of the last race that causes you to hit another racer who teleported to you that ends up soft-blocking the game and you've never seen it happen before in your whole time playing that game? It feel like this:
[Image: smashed-computer.gif]

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 02-25-2014

This Entire day i was training on sneaking Bank heist on payday 2 using no ECM Jammers. Its actually way easier to do than you think the first 10 times i screwed up but its all about luck and skill after i learned that i did it like 6 times alone, Twice while being the host with a bunch of level 40's (SUPER HARD THEY NEVER LISTEN TO ME). and like 8 times with friends. Bank heist is now officially really easy to sneak. On the other hand at one point i had this level 100 guy join me, He sounded like those Black guys who are tough and he's like "Yo' Pixel imma shoot these white bitches and you kill guards". With this guy i literally sneaked it in like 4 minutes (Which is really good). So at one point we had to manage the hostages we had and this girl started screaming, I just hear the guy on the mic he's like "STFU White skank" and shoots her in the face. I started laughing so hard without noticing a hostage was escaping. The guy added me and we ended playing just before i posted this, Really good player.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 02-26-2014

(02-25-2014, 11:32 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: You know that feeling when you finally get all the equipment you need to record console game play and you're doing a speed run and it's going insanely well and you're on track to beat your PB and some really wacky RNG kicks in that in the last lap of the last race that causes you to hit another racer who teleported to you that ends up soft-blocking the game and you've never seen it happen before in your whole time playing that game? It feel like this:
[Image: smashed-computer.gif]

Don't worry dude, you'll beat CrazyGameNerd.
I believe.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 02-28-2014

Holy crap, the new Resident Evil 4 PC version looks amazing. Just check this out!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2014/02/26/resident-evil-4-ultimate-hd-texture-slider-comparison

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 02-28-2014

I dunno, the changes aren't that drastic. I do find it interesting that they changed the font on the shotgun ammo boxes and re-aligned it.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 02-28-2014

So I told my mom about Let's Playing, how I would like to do it for a hobby, and it COULD (I may or may not have told her how slim a chance it could be) make some money out of it.

Turns out that she is willing to buy me a dazzle just so I can do it and has said that (and I quote) "If you can get this to bring in money, I will buy you more video games." I really hope that this turns out to be successful, since I now have someone on my side for this.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 02-28-2014

(02-28-2014, 11:30 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: So I told my mom about Let's Playing, how I would like to do it for a hobby, and it COULD (I may or may not have told her how slim a chance it could be) make some money out of it.

Turns out that she is willing to buy me a dazzle just so I can do it and has said that (and I quote) "If you can get this to bring in money, I will buy you more video games." I really hope that this turns out to be successful, since I now have someone on my side for this.

How could you get money from lets plays?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 02-28-2014

(02-28-2014, 03:50 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 11:30 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: So I told my mom about Let's Playing, how I would like to do it for a hobby, and it COULD (I may or may not have told her how slim a chance it could be) make some money out of it.

Stuff like ad revenue probably.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 02-28-2014

(02-28-2014, 03:50 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:

There are people on Youtube that do let's plays (ProtonJon and StephenPlays) and reviews (Somecallmejohnny)and people on Twitch that do streams (ManvsGame)that get payed for doing that. Each of these people are partners (I think) and get paid just to play games, give opinions, and entertain. This is how you can make money by let's playing, though it really takes becoming a parner and I would really like to do it.

(02-28-2014, 03:55 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: Stuff like ad revenue probably.

Also this. The money mostly comes from ads.