VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 02-28-2014

YouTube has made making money out of Let's Plays a bitch, though.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 02-28-2014

(02-28-2014, 04:18 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: YouTube has made making money out of Let's Plays a bitch, though.

I can still try. Can't say it won't work if I don't try. The year has been so good so far, I can't stop when the going gets tough now.

Always shoot high. I would like to be the next Deceased Crab, if not Nakateleeli or ProtonJon.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 03-01-2014

It happened.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 03-01-2014

(02-28-2014, 04:24 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 04:18 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: YouTube has made making money out of Let's Plays a bitch, though.

I can still try. Can't say it won't work if I don't try. The year has been so good so far, I can't stop when the going gets tough now.

Always shoot high. I would like to be the next Deceased Crab, if not Nakateleeli or ProtonJon.

I'd say go for it.
You should also get a few buddies, maybe do some lets plays on a few multiplayer games. Those are usually pretty popular.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 03-01-2014

(03-01-2014, 09:58 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:

I'd say go for it.
You should also get a few buddies, maybe do some lets plays on a few multiplayer games. Those are usually pretty popular.

That's part of the plan. When I first started up, me and my brother were the only two doing it, but when I told my mom about it, I thought of getting the whole family into atlest one video. I thought of having like a Mario Party..... um party and get me, my brother, and my mom to do a few rounds for the chanal. I really want to do a few rounds of CoD, borderlands, or Resident Evil with Jason (my brother in law) since that is where we both have the most fun.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 03-02-2014

(03-01-2014, 10:09 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 09:58 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:

I'd say go for it.

That's part of the plan. When I first started up, me and my brother were the only two doing it, but when I told my mom about it, I thought of getting the whole family into atlest one video. I thought of having like a Mario Party..... um party and get me, my brother, and my mom to do a few rounds for the chanal. I really want to do a few rounds of CoD, borderlands, or Resident Evil with Jason (my brother in law) since that is where we both have the most fun.
Yeah, thats a good idea. A few single player lets plays would also of course be a good idea, too. But I feel as if you should try starting those multiplayer games first. Which mario party are you planing on playing, anyway?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 03-02-2014

(03-02-2014, 12:00 AM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 09:58 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote: I'd say go for it.

Yeah, thats a good idea. A few single player lets plays would also of course be a good idea, too. But I feel as if you should try starting those multiplayer games first. Which mario party are you planing on playing, anyway?

I have both Mario Party 2 & 3 for the N64, and I think that I can grab 4 and/or 7 from my brother. I'm thinking of starting out with a single player GC game and have a few multi-commentator video every few days/weeks.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 03-02-2014

(02-28-2014, 04:17 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: There are people on Youtube that do let's plays (ProtonJon and StephenPlays) and reviews (Somecallmejohnny)and people on Twitch that do streams (ManvsGame)that get payed for doing that. Each of these people are partners (I think) and get paid just to play games, give opinions, and entertain. This is how you can make money by let's playing, though it really takes becoming a parner and I would really like to do it.

Pretty much. They generally aren't paid to play games but are paid because they play games. Basically, they get paid for uploading content (regardless of what type of gaming it is) which is the same in my case.
Some have networks specifically designed for doing playthroughs. Others are approached by companies to advertise for them.
Key point is to upload for fun though, not so much the money side.
[video=youtube]
(03-01-2014, 07:00 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: It happened.

[/video]

Oh my! So good.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 03-02-2014

(03-02-2014, 01:58 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 12:00 AM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 09:58 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote: I'd say go for it.

I have both Mario Party 2 & 3 for the N64, and I think that I can grab 4 and/or 7 from my brother. I'm thinking of starting out with a single player GC game and have a few multi-commentator video every few days/weeks.

Yeah, sounds like a plan. Hope it all goes well for you.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-02-2014

If anyone needs a partner for any sort of lets play, I'm game if I can.

(03-02-2014, 08:05 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 12:00 AM)frankfrost2 Wrote: Yeah, thats a good idea. A few single player lets plays would also of course be a good idea, too. But I feel as if you should try starting those multiplayer games first. Which mario party are you planing on playing, anyway?

Thanks. I just have to find a working headset or a mic stand so that I can record my voice.

(03-02-2014, 08:10 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: If anyone needs a partner for any sort of lets play, I'm game if I can.

I'm cool with it. I would only ask for sometime to get back into the rhythm of doing these things.

If you were to co-commentate on something, what would you like to do?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-02-2014

(03-02-2014, 08:21 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 08:05 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 12:00 AM)frankfrost2 Wrote: Yeah, thats a good idea. A few single player lets plays would also of course be a good idea, too. But I feel as if you should try starting those multiplayer games first. Which mario party are you planing on playing, anyway?

Thanks. I just have to find a working headset or a mic stand so that I can record my voice.

(03-02-2014, 08:10 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: If anyone needs a partner for any sort of lets play, I'm game if I can.

I'm cool with it. I would only ask for sometime to get back into the rhythm of doing these things.

I'd be game for anything I have, more or less. Off hand, multiplayer wise, I have both borderlands games (though no dlc on 2), Battlefield 3 (though it doesn't run all that well), counter strike source, company of heroes (though I've never actually touched it) all the dead rising games, if I can fix the resolution problem I have, I've got the original Dungeon Keeper off GoG, Arma 2 mod Day Z, Far Cry 3, left 4 dead 1 and 2, Magicka, Minecraft, Saints Row 2 and 3, Sid Meier's Civ 5, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, World of Warcraft, TF2 and XCOM Enemy Unknown, and Dungeon Siege if the multiplayer works.

For single, I got Bastion, both Arkhams, Crysis 2 (though I don't know if it'll run), Darksiders, fallout New Vegas, metro 2033, Red Faction: Arma, Sonic Adventure 2, and Spore.

YGOPro also, if you want to learn Yu-Gi-Oh.lol

(03-02-2014, 08:30 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 08:21 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

I'd be game for anything I have, more or less. Off hand, multiplayer wise, I have both borderlands games (though no dlc on 2), Battlefield 3 (though it doesn't run all that well), counter strike source, company of heroes (though I've never actually touched it) all the dead rising games, if I can fix the resolution problem I have, I've got the original Dungeon Keeper off GoG, Arma 2 mod Day Z, Far Cry 3, left 4 dead 1 and 2, Magicka, Minecraft, Saints Row 2 and 3, Sid Meier's Civ 5, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, World of Warcraft, TF2 and XCOM Enemy Unknown, and Dungeon Siege if the multiplayer works.

For single, I got Bastion, both Arkhams, Crysis 2 (though I don't know if it'll run), Darksiders, fallout New Vegas, metro 2033, Red Faction: Arma, Sonic Adventure 2, and Spore.

YGOPro also, if you want to learn Yu-Gi-Oh.lol

Sounds like a good veriaty. I've been thinking of re-buying the Left 4 Dead games and buying Borderlands. So when that happens and I get the internet problem fixed, I'll take you up on the offer.

Also already know how to play Yu-Gi-Oh, so playing a few rounds of YGOPro would be cool. Just don't expect a really tough opponent.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 03-02-2014

(03-02-2014, 08:39 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Also already know how to play Yu-Gi-Oh, so playing a few rounds of YGOPro would be cool. Just don't expect a really tough opponent.

Playing YGOPro with PsychoSpaceCow -- Would recommend.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 03-02-2014

In case you dont know Socal regionals is going on, Its a fighting game tourny and its awesome the injustice stream is awesome and currently watching umvc3.