VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 03-04-2014

I'm starting to not like handheld RPGs. RPGs are meant to be played for long times and be played on a regular basis. I tend to play 2 or 3 game boy games at once so I'll normally stop playing one to get though another. This means that I will stop playing a game for months some times.

My point in saying this is that I went back to Dragon Warrior Monsters today after not playing for a month and I can't remember what I was doing, who I was trying to breed, and where I needed to go. With any other game I would restart to do it all over agien, but I was half way though the game, which almost defeats the purpose. I guess I'll pick it back up one day.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-05-2014

So, is there a designated let's play channel if we go through with this stuff.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 03-05-2014

(03-05-2014, 06:46 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: So, is there a designated let's play channel if we go through with this stuff.

I don't think there is. We could always post videos on our own pages or we could just make one big profile for joint LPs.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 03-05-2014

Speaking of, I finally continued on the true ending path on my Corpse Party LP.

I didn't remember editing was this much work...

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 03-05-2014

Oh lord, my hype levels for MGSV are now through the roof.

(03-05-2014, 11:14 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 06:46 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: So, is there a designated let's play channel if we go through with this stuff.

I don't think there is. We could always post videos on our own pages or we could just make one big profile for joint LPs.

It'd be better to have a joint channel. That way, we put all our eggs in a basket, so to speak, and there's advertising of the original channel potential. I was thinking of monetizing my channel but it has 8 subscribers and I'm pretty sure 2-3 of them are people I know irl.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Combat Lobster - 03-05-2014

Edit: nvm. If you're looking to make money out of this, that's your business.

Eh, it is kind of spur of the moment, but it keeps my channel exclusively Yu-Gi-Oh!, and his as he wishes. Besides, my channel isn't monetized.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 03-05-2014

I was thinking more of an over all colab chanal for the whole site, not just for me and my guests. It was just an idea, since I don't think I would be up to doing any co-commentary with anyone soon and we could have a few people from the site do a few things.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 03-05-2014

I think we should just make one account for it, no?

"The VGFacts Community Channel"

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 03-05-2014

(03-05-2014, 07:49 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: "The VGFacts Community Channel"

That sounds good to me!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 03-06-2014

I'm up for it. Is the password going to be given to participants via PM or will we all just send our videos to one person who uploads them? Never been a part of a joint channel so I have no idea.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 02:50 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I'm up for it. Is the password going to be given to participants via PM or will we all just send our videos to one person who uploads them? Never been a part of a joint channel so I have no idea.

I think it would be fine to share the password as long as we can trust the people. We don't want to give a password to someone who is going to just spam things on the page. If we want people to join and add videos, we have a vote with the group and that is how we get new people.

Just spit balling ideas around, but if anything, I think five people sending videos to one person to send in would be a lot for one person when we could upload it ourself. If we do it this way, we are going to need to know who is apart of the group, so we know who to send the password to.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 03-06-2014

We should also do a podcast. We....kinda used when we were on DYKG and all talked on Skype. Why not make a YouTube podcast?