VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 03:25 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: We should also do a podcast. We....kinda used when we were on DYKG and all talked on Skype. Why not make a YouTube podcast?

How would you do that?
Im just asking cause I really don't know how podcasts work. :P

(03-06-2014, 11:07 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(03-06-2014, 02:50 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I'm up for it. Is the password going to be given to participants via PM or will we all just send our videos to one person who uploads them? Never been a part of a joint channel so I have no idea.

I think it would be fine to share the password as long as we can trust the people. We don't want to give a password to someone who is going to just spam things on the page. If we want people to join and add videos, we have a vote with the group and that is how we get new people.

Just spit balling ideas around, but if anything, I think five people sending videos to one person to send in would be a lot for one person when we could upload it ourself. If we do it this way, we are going to need to know who is apart of the group, so we know who to send the password to.

So would every active user be part of this or just a few people?
And should we get permission first from one of the Site Staff to see if we can make this?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 03:25 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: We should also do a podcast. We....kinda used when we were on DYKG and all talked on Skype. Why not make a YouTube podcast?

That sounds good. Have part of the chanal be colab LPs and have the other have be the podcast. What would we/you guys talk about?

(03-06-2014, 03:41 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(03-06-2014, 02:50 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I'm up for it. Is the password going to be given to participants via PM or will we all just send our videos to one person who uploads them? Never been a part of a joint channel so I have no idea.

I think it would be fine to share the password as long as we can trust the people. We don't want to give a password to someone who is going to just spam things on the page. If we want people to join and add videos, we have a vote with the group and that is how we get new people.

Just spit balling ideas around, but if anything, I think five people sending videos to one person to send in would be a lot for one person when we could upload it ourself. If we do it this way, we are going to need to know who is apart of the group, so we know who to send the password to.

And should we get permission first from one of the Site Staff to see if we can make this?

I would start with a few people a first. I'm thinking you, me, Combat Lobster, Mass Distraction, and Psychospacecow and a few others. We should keep the number of people who are doing this to a low number to start with. We should see how many people are willing to be apart of this. As for getting permission, I don't see why not. Don't really see why it would be necessary, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

(03-06-2014, 03:46 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

That sounds good. Have part of the chanal be colab LPs and have the other have be the podcast. What would we/you guys talk about?

I would start with a few people a first. I'm thinking you, me, Combat Lobster, Mass Distraction, and Psychospacecow and a few others. We should keep the number of people who are doing this to a low number to start with. We should see how many people are willing to be apart of this. As for getting permission, I don't see why not. Don't really see why it would be necessary, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Yeah, I agree. Low at first, then we could slowly increase later on.

I just think we should get the staffs permission first, since this is there site and all. Also, maybe we could get them to advertise the YouTube channel.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 03-06-2014

A podcast always sounded like it would be fun to do. I think it's a good idea.

(03-06-2014, 04:11 PM)Zaliphone Wrote:

How do you make a podcast?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - DeerBoarDude - 03-06-2014

WE JUST REACHED 2000 REPLIES ON THIS THREAD!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 04:15 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:

What do you mean by make a podcast? do you mean like how do you set one up or what you talk about or what?

(03-06-2014, 04:35 PM)DeerBoarDude Wrote: WE JUST REACHED 2000 REPLIES ON THIS THREAD!

[Image: tumblr_n0drupuVLr1smcbm7o1_500.gif]

I love using that gif.

(03-06-2014, 06:05 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

What do you mean by make a podcast? do you mean like how do you set one up or what you talk about or what?

I mean, what is it?
I've heard of them but I never actually listened to them.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 03:46 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

Well, we're essentially using name recognition as a marketing attempt by going through this route, which is very much the site's business depending what is posted.
If we go through with this, we do not want to give the website a bad reputation. If they don't want us using the name, we'll go with something else.

(03-06-2014, 08:24 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(03-06-2014, 06:05 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

I mean, what is it?
I've heard of them but I never actually listened to them.

A podcast is essentially a video with the images trimmed out, or a bad animation slapped on. Its what people are saying that matters, its essentially just people talking and is designed to cut down on the editing and upload times.

(03-06-2014, 08:41 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(03-06-2014, 08:41 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

Well, we're essentially using name recognition as a marketing attempt by going through this route, which is very much the site's business depending what is posted.
If we go through with this, we do not want to give the website a bad reputation. If they don't want us using the name, we'll go with something else.

Yep, I agree completely.

So anyway, if we all wanted to play a game together, what system are we going to play on? I should just note that I have a PS3 and a PS4. My computer sucks at the moment and I dont have any XBOX's.

I can do PC, and if anyone's buying me gold then 360 is an option.

So im just gonna assume you dont have PS3, then?

Correct.

Is it possible for you to get one any time soon?

I could also possibly get my computer to work properly eventually, but it could take a while.

The next system I'm getting is gonna be a 3DS.