VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 03-22-2014

(03-22-2014, 12:14 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote:
(03-22-2014, 12:04 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(03-22-2014, 10:23 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(03-22-2014, 09:14 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: What doesn't apply? From what I've seen and heard, it seems like a good game.

I have no understanding of people's criteria these days.

You want to under stand the criteria? OK here you.

Yeah, I know that's what it's about but I just can't wrap my head around the fact that such a superficial thing would make people hate a game so much.

It's ridiculous, stupid and makes no goddamn sense. Just stop crying over nothing and play the damn game.

Actually i do have the game i got it for free on PS+ and it sucks, all my friends say it sucks and i agree. The game is filled with glitches and game breaking bugs this game probably ties with poker night 2 in games that froze the most. One of my friends actually stop playing because of a camera glitch that had no fix. All the characters in the game are queers Dont believe me? check it out. combos are good but not great. level's have awful design. My question is: Why the hell are you defending a turd pile of a game?

Check it out? You don't think I haven't? I mean, if I knew nothing of the game, do you think I'd be here voicing my opinions on it in the first place?

I don't care what your opinion on the game is, my point here is that hating a game purely over something superficial is completely and utterly stupid. Sure, if you felt like it wasn't a good game, didn't like the story and were unlucky to have glitching then sure, you have your reason. At least it isn't a retarded one.

Honestly, if DmC is your definition of a "turd pile of a game" you haven't even seen an actually bad game.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 03-22-2014

^^^ In all honesty, it's the way "I'm always right logic works". People don't play have to play [insert bad game here] because instead they can use the opinions of more popular people to form their own and therefore regurgitate what they say. It's bandwagonning at it's finest.

I could easily say Sonic '06 is a pile of shit, but instead of "bandwagonning" I did actually play the game. It's not that bad. You'll find this kind of opinion-chain with a lot of the popular YouTubers. In the case of DmC, what other YouTubers say in their own imaginary outrage at something non-existent.

The funny side of this being that a lot of the top Devil May Cry players (myself included) and Trustylers actually spend months looking into the mechanics of DmC and what it offers as opposed to the other games. Because hardly anyone within top DMC community actually cares about story, graphics, sound etc. It's a fighting game basically, which is why this whole DmC hate is funny...because that what you play DMC for. You'd be surprised at how many people actually think the DMC combat sucks yet have no idea how to do jump cancels or what Neo_G did for the DMC4 game.

For every negative point about DmC, you can easily apply them to any other DMC game in the series.
Bad Dialogue:
DmC: Fuck you
DMC1: I should've been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIGHT
Glitches:
(name any other game created that doesn't have glitches)
Bad cutscenes: Dante riding his bike up a spire in DMC3.
Easy ranking system:
DmC: Broken!
DMC1-4:I made an entire series on YouTube showing how bad the old ranking system is.

I'm not defending DmC either. The game has faults, as with everything...ever.I just find whole hate train towards it fascinating. People seem to take opinions as a personal insult. I honestly think Dante hair is terrible in every single game(DMC3 especially)...but that doesn't mean I'm insulting anyone.

[Image: 3c76e21b39e09b8992e9b92f7f387501e99cd90b...8377d4.jpg]
Can't be bothered with repeat everything from last year, but it still stands. The DMC series really isn't that good to begin with.

Edit:
So to go back to
(03-21-2014, 08:02 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: So yeah, I just finished Devil May Cry.

I do not think it was a good game.

Are the others better?
If you're looking for cheesy dialogue, amazing music, a character that's iconic with a frikkin' incredible combo system (DMC4 especially), then you're gonna like the rest. All are fun and add more to the character Dante and world. If you ever get the chance though, explore the mechanics of DMC3 and 4. You can really pull off some amazing stuff that kept the game going(and still is) 5 years well after the game came out.

DmC follows the same style as DMC3, both in story and combo potential. Both are about Vergil and Dante (with different retellings), both have similar play style while DMC3 relies on Gothic environments as opposed to DmCs modernise totalitarian state environment. If you didn't enjoy DmC, then you might enjoy DMC3 as it's similar in themes but the slight differences make it a different game.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 03-22-2014

Cody, since you seem to be keen on games like this, do you play Ninja Gaiden?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 03-22-2014

inFamous: Second Son is definitely my favorite game from this year so far. I just beat it with good karma after playing it nearly all day and a bit yesterday. It's the best and most interesting of the entire series with enough powers to rival the Avengers movie. It does have it's flaws though, with it's generally repetitive side quests (admittedly I feel like I had too much fun with the tagging side quests, despite their utter simplicity and uselessness). I would absolutely recommend this if you have or plan on getting a PS4.

5/5, best superhero game I have ever played.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-22-2014

[Image: dKS1n8N.gif]
^When achieving a science victory in Civilization games.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 03-24-2014

I just remembered it's been damn near 10 years since the last good Tony Hawk game in the main series.

Fuck me I miss that series.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-24-2014

Its been almost a decade since my first Soul Calibur came out. 3 was my first.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 03-24-2014

Highly disagree with you Cody. Your saying that people use other people's opinions to form their own. Easily a few people who are fans of DMC agree with me That this game was not good, My older brother who is a very skillful player and played all DMC's he has all of them on all consoles it is for. He says mechanics are good but at the end if your playing a game which focuses on story than that was matters. If you been a DMC fan from start chances are you are not going to like the game. If DmC was its own game and had its own story with slight changes than the game would be better, But since its a part of a well done series this game was disappointing.

Don't buy the game save yourself the money, anyways the game is about 10-15 hours in terms of extras. If you are going to get a devil may cry game than get DMC 3. The game goes at a good price compared to DmC at most retailers. DMC is 16-20 hours long in terms of extra's so it also has better replay value and longer time to play the game.

Hardcore fans hate this game alot. If your new to DMC than probably get it and hey its better than DMC 2. Since im trying to prove myself right i should probably say i will go really far to prove myself right even for the stupidest things its who i am.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 03-25-2014

(03-24-2014, 06:11 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I just remembered it's been damn near 10 years since the last good Tony Hawk game in the main series.

Good news for you! There has been talk of a new game in the Pro Skater series. http://www.screwattack.com/news/tony-hawk-suggests-new-pro-skater-game-way-activision-confirms

Have you played Pro Skater HD? It was a really fun game, though a tad glitchy at times and lacks the best part of the games, local multiplayer. I had a fun run on the objectives, though. Reminded me of how I used to play Tony Hawk's Skateboarding from the beginning to end multiple times.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - TheTrueBoss997 - 03-25-2014

(03-24-2014, 06:11 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: I just remembered it's been damn near 10 years since the last good Tony Hawk game in the main series.

We need another Tony Hawk Underground. The Underground series was the best and it was the games that got me into Tony Hawk. Skate doesn't give the same experince Tony Hawk always did.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 03-26-2014

I think Sega is beyond saving now.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/26/sonic-lost-worldas-zelda-crossover

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 03-26-2014

They are becoming synonymous for Nintendo.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Raiden Blackwood - 03-26-2014

I'm looking at buying a PSP 3000 when I get the money. It can't replace my Ps3, but I'll be able to play FFVIII again.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-27-2014

What about the Vita?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 03-28-2014

For some odd reason most of you don't seem to like Two Best Friends Play, so this might not be a big deal you.

They've opened up a P.O. Box after popular demand so fans could send them stuff, but it's gone bigger than they've ever imagined and fans have been pretty nutty with what they've sent.

Unfortunately, this lead to a major error and a video went up with editing problems that showed their dislike for a sword the received after pretending to like it:

I would be crushed if I were the sender but, at the same time, they've been getting a ton of weapons they have no space for. I don't think this really caused them to lose viewers but I wonder how many other gifts they actually hated and ended up pitching when they were done filming.