VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 03-28-2014

(03-26-2014, 10:16 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: I think Sega is beyond saving now.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/26/sonic-lost-worldas-zelda-crossover

They seem pretty stable to me. Is this a bad thing that there's Zelda DLC? That being said, not really a fan of Sonic Lost Worlds but glad to see this is free.

(03-28-2014, 09:49 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote: For some odd reason most of you don't seem to like Two Best Friends Play, so this might not be a big deal you.

They've opened up a P.O. Box after popular demand so fans could send them stuff, but it's gone bigger than they've ever imagined and fans have been pretty nutty with what they've sent.

Unfortunately, this lead to a major error and a video went up with editing problems that showed their dislike for a sword the received after pretending to like it:

I would be crushed if I were the sender but, at the same time, they've been getting a ton of weapons they have no space for. I don't think this really caused them to lose viewers but I wonder how many other gifts they actually hated and ended up pitching when they were done filming.

Haha wow. I honestly thought that was fake. Mainly because I'm so used to their type of humour or how I find it hard to believe that they'd make such a terrible mess of editing, but I found that the video you posted was re-uploaded therefore real.

BUT DAAAAAAAAMN. That's pretty dick-like. It's one to be given free stuff for doing nothing but playing frikkin' video games but to pretend that you care about it is pretty pathetic. You'd think they'd just say "we don't like it" as it's honest.

Still, gotta love Matt and Pat...

....and Woolie...

......but not Liam...

....fuck that guy.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 03-28-2014

I was really unhappy about Liam being added to the videos. He's not funny at all, has such a dry voice, and I can't tell if he's joking or is actually an asshole.

The Hunting and Killing videos with him and Matt are painful to sit through with how boring they are; they don't make a good duo in the slightest. Liam also acts like he knows everything in the current Pokemon LP when he's just full of shit.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CosmykTheDolfyn - 03-28-2014

I've never liked any of Two Best Friends play, so this only confirms my hate.

And, in other news, I'm thinking that since I currently only speedrun 1 game right now, I should pick up another. Which would you guys find more interesting: Kirby 64 100% run or Sonic Riders (GC version) Babylon Story?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 03-28-2014

(03-28-2014, 01:29 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: I was really unhappy about Liam being added to the videos. He's not funny at all, has such a dry voice, and I can't tell if he's joking or is actually an asshole.

The Hunting and Killing videos with him and Matt are painful to sit through with how boring they are; they don't make a good duo in the slightest. Liam also acts like he knows everything in the current Pokemon LP when he's just full of shit.

I think I stoped watching thire videos sometime around when Liam was add in as a "Main Character" or whatever you want to call him. He always reminds me of my brother in law, who acts the same way, is hard to deal with, and will lie to your face. Plus I think he thinks he's better than everyone.

(03-28-2014, 02:58 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: And, in other news, I'm thinking that since I currently only speedrun 1 game right now, I should pick up another. Which would you guys find more interesting: Kirby 64 100% run or Sonic Riders (GC version) Babylon Story?

Kirby to be a little different. Sonic to keep with the racing idea. Personally I would like to see Sonic a little more, but it's up to you.

(03-28-2014, 02:58 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I've never liked any of Two Best Friends play, so this only confirms my hate.

And, in other news, I'm thinking that since I currently only speedrun 1 game right now, I should pick up another. Which would you guys find more interesting: Kirby 64 100% run or Sonic Riders (GC version) Babylon Story?

Eh fair enough. Two Best Friends haven't really been going amazingly well lately anyway. Nothing has stood out this year.

As for speedruns. Kirby would be cool to watch.
Sonic Free Riders just for the e-peen....unless you actually like that game.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 03-28-2014

I don't know why, but Raiden is probably my favorite video game character of all time. There's something about his story and how his character develops across the games he's in that I just find incredibly interesting.

(03-28-2014, 06:39 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I don't know why, but Raiden is probably my favorite video game character of all time. There's something about his story and how his character develops across the games he's in that I just find incredibly interesting.

YUP!

[Image: Naked_Raiden_1(1).jpg]
I completely agree.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - TheTrueBoss997 - 03-28-2014

(03-28-2014, 06:39 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I don't know why, but Raiden is probably my favorite video game character of all time. There's something about his story and how his character develops across the games he's in that I just find incredibly interesting.

I agree. I just disliked his voice in MGS2, I thought it was too whiny and it was annoying but his story was very interesting during MGS4 because he had some crazy transformation that made you wonder more about him.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 03-28-2014

(03-28-2014, 07:35 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote:

I agree. I just disliked his voice in MGS2, I thought it was too whiny and it was annoying but his story was very interesting during MGS4 because he had some crazy transformation that made you wonder more about him.

He totally had a whiny voice in MGS2, but I feel like it fit his character somewhat well. At least well enough that it didn't bother me too much.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-28-2014

Am I the only one who thought of this guy?
[Image: Raiden_cutout874.png]

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Kakariko Kid - 03-28-2014

No. I did, too. He so would have kicked Snake's butt and then finished the baddies.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - GameWizard001 - 03-29-2014

Well I decided to treat myself a day early for my birthday and bought a PS4 with 3 games to go with it. Got Thief, inFamous Second Son, and Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes.

I was going to wait a while for more games to come out but after last night's frustration with yet another freeze up with the web browser just turning it on I figured it is time to upgrade.

So now I just have to wait for Mon for it to come. Hopefully not Tuesday as that is April Fools day and don't want things to be delayed. (doubt it would be because of the day itself but I think we are all a little superstitious)

And now to recover from the pain I feel right where my wallet is.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 03-29-2014

I just got the platinum trophy for Second Son. It took 8 days, compared to the year+ and 5 playthroughs that it took me for inFamous 2. Needless to say, I'll be taking a small inFamous break for a while.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 03-29-2014

(03-29-2014, 09:52 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I just got the platinum trophy for Second Son. It took 8 days, compared to the year+ and 5 playthroughs that it took me for inFamous 2. Needless to say, I'll be taking a small inFamous break for a while.

Was it hard to platinum?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 03-29-2014

(03-29-2014, 09:55 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:
(03-29-2014, 09:52 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I just got the platinum trophy for Second Son. It took 8 days, compared to the year+ and 5 playthroughs that it took me for inFamous 2. Needless to say, I'll be taking a small inFamous break for a while.

Was it hard to platinum?

It was relatively easy. Only 2 playthroughs, one on normal difficulty and the other on expert. Expert mode isn't much harder than normal, and overall it wasn't really a challenge. Maybe a little tedious to get some of the side quest trophies, but still fun to get.