VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-31-2014

http://imgur.com/gallery/13Hup
I found this interesting. I kind of gave up on Call of Duty when it comes to accurate portrayals pretty quickly after playing Black Ops (first one to really play since the ww2 games). Main reason is, I actually own a Colt Python Revolver and the way the game makes you treat that beauty would kill it IRL.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 03-31-2014

(03-31-2014, 02:41 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: http://imgur.com/gallery/13Hup
I found this interesting. I kind of gave up on Call of Duty when it comes to accurate portrayals pretty quickly after playing Black Ops (first one to really play since the ww2 games). Main reason is, I actually own a Colt Python Revolver and the way the game makes you treat that beauty would kill it IRL.

I'm pretty sure that CoD bases it's weapons on existing ones but have slight tweaks to them. Even the author of that imgur post says on the second example:
The "Tac 12" is a UTAS UTS-15 shotgun clearly designed to avoid having to pay for the trademark.
Which means they're allowed to use the real life gun but not use it's actual characteristics and capabilities, therefore it isn't an accurate portrayal of what the real gun can do since it's an altered version.
Other games do this all the time. Burnout for example doesn't use any licensed cars but uses cars with similar stats and design. But ranting about it is silly because doing 209 MPH around a corner with boost is stupid to question. The same applies to the CoD and it's weapons. Because no shit, doing 360 no scopez with a sniper isn't going to work in real life. Multiplayer has reasons for changing it's weapons, it's called balancing.

Also, +1 for starting a thread saying "Why Call of Duty: Ghosts' guns are bullshit" to then proceed talking about a riot shield.
Cool gun bro, where do I put the bullets in this "gun"?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 03-31-2014

No, I agree with you. I just thought it was funny.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 04-01-2014

I'm watching someone play The Cat Lady. It's one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen... Big mistake to be watching it at night.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 12:05 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote: I'm watching someone play The Cat Lady. It's one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen... Big mistake to be watching it at night.

I LPd the demo. It was pretty interesting.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 02:59 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 12:05 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote: I'm watching someone play The Cat Lady. It's one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen... Big mistake to be watching it at night.

Whats the game about?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 02:28 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote:

Whats the game about?

A lonely 20 or 30-something takes a bunch of pills to kill herself. She wakes up to find herself in a field and also finds an old woman who gives her a second chance at life. It gets weirder from there.

The reason it's called The Cat Lady is because you play as a cat lady.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 02:57 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

Whats the game about?

A lonely 20 or 30-something takes a bunch of pills to kill herself. She wakes up to find herself in a field and also finds an old woman who gives her a second chance at life. It gets weirder from there.

I was under the impression we were already in the 'weird' !

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - GameWizard001 - 04-01-2014

Well just got my PS4 yesterday, and got everything set up. Played and beat Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes. Wished I had done more research into it before finding out I just payed $30 for the equivalent of a demo. It was one freaken level, you rescue two people and *Arnold voice* GET THEM TO DA CHOPPA!!

That is all there is to it. One area, you sneak around and find two people and then get them to safety. I spent more time listening to the audio files they give you as backstory to the characters you are trying to rescue then I did actually rescuing them. Apparently this whole thing was just one big prelude to the actual game it introduces which is called Phantom Pain......here's an idea, why not actually have this part ACTUALLY IN THE FUCKEN GAME YOU ARE PROMOTING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!???? The irony is, what was there was fantastic. It takes place right after Peace Walker which means now I need to play and finish that game again. I have the HD collection of Metal Gear so I can try and see how it all ends cause they pretty much spoil most of it for you in the audio files they give to fill in the backstory.

Sorry for the ranting, I know technically this would fall under the Vent thread but I just had to get that off my chest. The PS4 itself is awesome with only a few minor things that I wish it still had it but I still have my PS3 for anything this no longer does.

I do have 2 other games thankfully for the system so I can at least fall back on those two for my enjoyment.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 03:21 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 02:57 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

Whats the game about?

I was under the impression we were already in the 'weird' !

It depens on if you think having your arm choped off and a drug trip are more or less normal than meeting death who wants you to kill for her.

No I'm not that far in the game if you can tell.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 04-01-2014

Cat Lady spoiler warning.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 04-02-2014

(04-01-2014, 09:03 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Cat Lady spoiler warning.

You know, that actually explained a lot about the demo I played. I wonder if any of the stuff seen in it are in the actual game.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 04-03-2014

It's 12:35 and I finished watching that play through. It really isn't much of game, but rather a book you at times interact with, but it was sooooo good. What a touching story that really makes you appreciate your time on this earth. I feared the game would take a terrible twist at the end that would devastate me, but it was actually fairly lighthearted, all things considering.

I'm just curious if there's other endings worth seeing since the game does give you choices.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - JiraiyaSennin - 04-03-2014

Yo. New characters , items, and courses revealed for Mario Kart 8.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 04-03-2014

(04-03-2014, 02:14 AM)JiraiyaSannin Wrote: Yo. New characters , items, and courses revealed for Mario Kart 8.

Damn this looks wicked! This and Smash Bros are definitely becoming reasons for me to try and save for a WiiU.