VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CosmykTheDolfyn - 05-01-2014

I have to say one thing that is bugging more about that direct. He said that due to increased technology on the Wii U, they could process the anti grav crap. F-Zero X on the N64 had some.wacky, flippy courses utilizing anti gravity. F-Zero GX had the same thing, even the same replay set up. It's not new technology. It's a new idea (aka gimic) for the Mario kart games. I foresee people attempting to completely break the game and give unintended shortcuts with the anti gravity.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 05-01-2014

(05-01-2014, 06:33 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I have to say one thing that is bugging more about that direct. He said that due to increased technology on the Wii U, they could process the anti grav crap. F-Zero X on the N64 had some.wacky, flippy courses utilizing anti gravity. F-Zero GX had the same thing, even the same replay set up. It's not new technology. It's a new idea (aka gimic) for the Mario kart games. I foresee people attempting to completely break the game and give unintended shortcuts with the anti gravity.

Half the fun of Mario Kart to me is learning the unintended shortcuts, even if I can't do them I think it's cool that some of them exist. There are some crazy ones in Mario Kart Wii that I've used before against my sisters...and then I wonder why they didn't like to play games against me.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - MexicanAnime - 05-01-2014

Don't give a shit about any of the new "characters", though still looking forward to the game since it's not like they are that special or unique within what they're capable to do in a Mario Kart game. Was able to play it when they had the Best Buy event months ago and I remember having alot of fun with what little time I had with the game.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 05-01-2014

(05-01-2014, 06:33 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I have to say one thing that is bugging more about that direct. He said that due to increased technology on the Wii U, they could process the anti grav crap. F-Zero X on the N64 had some.wacky, flippy courses utilizing anti gravity. F-Zero GX had the same thing, even the same replay set up. It's not new technology. It's a new idea (aka gimic) for the Mario kart games. I foresee people attempting to completely break the game and give unintended shortcuts with the anti gravity.

I got tired of saying that this game is a F-Zero Ripoff (don't ask how you can ripoff your own games). It almost seems like they wanted to do a Mario Kart game just to get on the F-Zero fans nerves. On another note, that direct was really, really bad. It was lame when it came to the skits, It had horrible lying about "New" features, and it over hyped way too many things.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CosmykTheDolfyn - 05-01-2014

I don't think that the new Mario Kart is a F-Zero ripoff (and this is coming from a F-Zero fan that owns every F-Zero game released in North America and played through all of them). They have a unique gimmick with every Mario Kart: Two People on one kart! Steering Wheel! Motorcycles! Hang gliders! Not all of those are unique to Mario Kart either (Heck, in the early days of racing, it was mandatory to have to people per race car). It's a new element to the game, a new gimmick, that was not unique to the world of Mario Kart. Some gimmicks stay, some go. As far as gimmicks go, it's a neat idea. Doesn't actually inherently change gameplay, but it's a nice touch.
But hang gliders+anti grav may or may not equal bizarre game breaking. That's what I really want to see.
Edit: Also, who gives a crap about items? Not me. My favorite red shell defender is still precise timed mini-boosts in MKDD. Although, glad to see cart customization with stats is back. Now, if these game will also detail the indvidual stats of each character too (for example, in MKW, I am a Daisy/Mach Bike type of guy for the unseen increased top speed stat from that combo).

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 05-01-2014

Something I was wondering was what they are going to do for the classic stages. For MK7 (I think it was), they changed around a few of the jumps to make use of the of glider, which also broke a good deal of classic stages in the process. How is the anti-gravity going to work with, say, GCN Dry Dry Desert, SNES Donut Plains 3, or N64 Yoshi Valley? I'm sure it's going to take some rearranging levels (which defeats the purpose of having classic levels in the game IMO) and it will be interesting to see.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - pAroxizm - 05-01-2014

Finally i can play MGSV's "Jamais vu" mission on my PS4.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 05-01-2014

There was recently a bunch of announcements regarding Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and now my hype levels are completely unprecedented. I may get a PS Vita for the sole reason of having BOI:R on the go.

(05-01-2014, 01:59 PM)pAroxizm Wrote: Finally i can play MGSV's "Jamais vu" mission on my PS4.

I can't wait to try it, I can always use more Raiden.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - TheTrueBoss997 - 05-02-2014

Okay normally I don't care for Call Of Duty but this is the trailer for the new Call Of Duty game made by Sledgehammer called Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare. It caught my eye because freaking Frank Underwood from House of Cards is going to be in it!! I found this very surprising...

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 05-02-2014

As cool as the new trailer looks, I doubt the game will nearly as good. I doubt I'll get it, I kind of dropped off of multiplayer shooters a while ago and no doubt it will have the same problems that previous games have had, but I will happily be proven wrong if that's the case.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 05-02-2014

Not sure if narrator is supposed to be good guy or not.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - GameWizard001 - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 09:35 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Not sure if narrator is supposed to be good guy or not.

Does it matter?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 09:47 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 09:35 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Not sure if narrator is supposed to be good guy or not.

Does it matter?

Probably.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - GameWizard001 - 05-03-2014

(05-02-2014, 11:39 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 09:47 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote:

Does it matter?

Probably.

I just see it as one of those things where you shouldn't really care whether he is good or bad, because it is very entertaining either way. If he is good then he is one of those badasses you are glad is on your side. If bad, well then you couldn't ask for a better bad guy then huh?

Either way we win.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hats Off Gamer - 05-03-2014

Has anyone else been enjoying the game Rogue Shooter?