VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - TheTrueBoss997 - 05-17-2014

(05-17-2014, 04:11 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote: What are some good games on the PS4 that are released? Besides:

Mercenary kings
Warframe
Call of Duty ghosts
DC Universe Online
Don't Starve
Blacklight: Retribution (I think thats right, right?)
Infamous Second son (I dont have it, but I will probably eventually get it.)

I'm pretty bored playing only Ghosts and Dont Starve. I dont find my other games as fun. Any game recomendations would be appreciated.

There ain't much of a selection of games for PS4. Contrast is pretty fun but extremely short. You could also try Octodad and MGSV but both games are short (in my opinion MGSV is not that short like everyone thinks it is). Watch_Dogs comes out soon...

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 05-18-2014

I like Hearthstone.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 05-18-2014

Question: Does anyone know what an Atari 2600 Jr. is and if it would be a good idea to buy one?

I was looking for an old Atari system just to say I had one and to play some old school games including E.T. for reasons and I came across it. It looks like it may be the same thing but smaller. Would it be a good idea to buy one or just look around for a regular 2600?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - RyeoNox - 05-18-2014

Just finished episode 3 for The Walking Dead Season 2. I had an adrenaline rush while playing, the story just sucks you in.

(05-18-2014, 01:38 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Question: Does anyone know what an Atari 2600 Jr. is and if it would be a good idea to buy one?

I was looking for an old Atari system just to say I had one and to play some old school games including E.T. for reasons and I came across it. It looks like it may be the same thing but smaller. Would it be a good idea to buy one or just look around for a regular 2600?

http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/consoles/2600/atari2600jr.html
Here ya go, Game.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 05-18-2014

(05-18-2014, 01:44 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(05-18-2014, 01:38 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Question: Does anyone know what an Atari 2600 Jr. is and if it would be a good idea to buy one?

Here ya go, Game.

So I would take that as a yes. I wish that it would say if it played all the games or not. My Retro Duo (NES/SNES hybrid) has a problum with some games and is the reason I'm having some doubts with buying the 2600 Jr.

Thanks anyway.

(05-18-2014, 01:52 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(05-18-2014, 01:44 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

Here ya go, Game.

So I would take that as a yes. I wish that it would say if it played all the games or not. My Retro Duo (NES/SNES hybrid) has a problum with some games and is the reason I'm having some doubts with buying the 2600 Jr.

Thanks anyway.

I could not tell ya, unfortunately. That's just the results I got from 2 minutes of google.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 05-23-2014

Early access live stream of Stomping Land going on right now: http://www.twitch.tv/bikeman

It's like DayZ but with dinosaurs. For this being the first day in its early access, it looks pretty sweet.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 05-23-2014

(05-23-2014, 03:21 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Early access live stream of Stomping Land going on right now: http://www.twitch.tv/bikeman

It's like DayZ but with dinosaurs. For this being the first day in its early access, it looks pretty sweet.

I'm very excited for the actual release of this. I backed it a year ago on Kickstarter and I've been waiting for some survival dinosaur action! I can't wait to finally be able to try it out.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 05-23-2014

(05-23-2014, 03:21 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Early access live stream of Stomping Land going on right now: http://www.twitch.tv/bikeman

That streamer needs to embrace the sun. Its brighter underwater on that stream.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 05-24-2014

So I started playing Don't Starve Console Edition and I need to ask if there are any Dont starve pro's here like i mean 50+ days survived because my best is day 10 and i usually die for the stupidest reasons. I have the strongman and that girl who loves fire unlocked the strongman seems a little pointless because i have hardly have a full belly. The fire loving girl seems to be the best since she starts with a lighter so you can use that for light at night. I see most people using the robot character. Now what i need help with is knowing which character is the best and what i build or do first.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 05-25-2014

(05-24-2014, 09:02 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: So I started playing Don't Starve Console Edition and I need to ask if there are any Dont starve pro's here like i mean 50+ days survived because my best is day 10 and i usually die for the stupidest reasons. I have the strongman and that girl who loves fire unlocked the strongman seems a little pointless because i have hardly have a full belly. The fire loving girl seems to be the best since she starts with a lighter so you can use that for light at night. I see most people using the robot character. Now what i need help with is knowing which character is the best and what i build or do first.

Well, ive been to 40 before, but I couldve gone longer, I just got bored.

The first thing you NEED to build is an axe, and to build one, you need a flint and twigs. Flint can just be found randomly on the ground, or mined from rocks. Twigs are from saplings. Then, cut some trees. You'll get logs. There are multiple uses for these logs which i'll tell you about later. The MOST IMPORTANT thing you'll need is grass. Its tall, tan piles of grass (Or I guess hay.) you can find in a desert area or sometimes just around the map.

Now that you have logs and grass, you can build a campfire. You can keep refueling a campfire with other materials (Anything thats flammable, really.) Once it goes out, it'll turn to ash and you have to build a new one. Another alternate light source is a torch, which will require a few twigs and grass. You'll approximately need to build 2 torches to survive a night.

Now that you know the basis, its time to know how to survive for real. In order to survive with good items, you must build a science machine and an alchemy engine. The science machine will require a few logs, rocks, and gold. To get rocks and gold, you need to build a pickaxe. This will require a few twigs and 2 flint. Once you build it, try to find a rock with yellow streaks in it. Yellow streaks indicate it has gold. Use the pickaxe, and you will get gold and rocks. After you have enough, you could build it.

Now, before you build your science machine, try to build it in an area where you can camp. The best areas would be near rabbits, (For food) near beefalo, (For food and wool, but a little more dangerous) or near pigs. (Usually pretty easy, just learn when to attack.) The area best would most likely be near pigs, cause they can help you fight if an enemy is near. (Pigs are neutral)

Now that you most likely built your science machine in a legitimite spot for a base, its time for an alchemy engine. You need boards, (About 4) which can be build at the science machine for 4 wood each. It should be in the refine tab. Then, you need rocks to build Cut Stone, (About 2) which should also be in the refine tab. Lastly, you need some more gold, about 6 pieces. Then, head back to your science machine and build your alchemy engine, and place it next to your science machine.

Well, thats the basis to survive. Also, the best character to play as would probably be Wilson, the first character. His beard can be used for Winter, and other complicated stuff.

Any more questions?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 05-25-2014

I knew most of the stuff you said besides the camp thing i am currently on day 8 but i got a day 15 today. I have better luck with Wilson because he has no disadvantages only advantages. I have a camp with a couple of chests and i have 2 farms and an area where grass and trees are growing, Also got chester and 3 pigs companions just in case for hounds. I see my new world being my best my day 15 also had an amazing camp i just made some stupid choices and put the camp at a bad spot which costed me to die.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 05-25-2014

Got Watchdogs early.

Don't buy it on 360 or PS3, it's unoptimized cash grabs.

The game is okay, takes itself wayyy to seriously, the mc isn't very threatening even though he's meant to be a criminal, tons of glitches and bugs here and there, driving is awful sometimes and is actually better when your wheels are shot off.

Apart from that, it's kinda fun.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - RyeoNox - 05-26-2014

(05-25-2014, 11:18 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Got Watchdogs early.

Don't buy it on 360 or PS3, it's unoptimized cash grabs.

The game is okay, takes itself wayyy to seriously, the mc isn't very threatening even though he's meant to be a criminal, tons of glitches and bugs here and there, driving is awful sometimes and is actually better when your wheels are shot off.

Apart from that, it's kinda fun.

Can you randomly kill innocent people in this game?