VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 04-03-2013

(04-03-2013, 02:55 PM)Milkman Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 02:28 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: Disney shut down LucasArts.... looks like Star Wars Battlefront 3 ain't never happening.

Aw man, I was excited for 1313. Come on, Disney, what are you doing?
I agree. This is bullshit.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BomberJ - 04-03-2013

(04-03-2013, 04:49 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 02:28 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: Disney shut down LucasArts.... looks like Star Wars Battlefront 3 ain't never happening.

No. What IS bullshit is that now there's no chance to see a Monkey Island game by Ron Gilbert anymore. Man, I really hoped they did it, even Gilbert himself said that he disliked the fact that he couldn't get the rights of the series to make another one now they belonged to Disney.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 04-03-2013

(04-03-2013, 05:18 PM)BomberJ Wrote:

No. What IS bullshit is that now there's no chance to see a Monkey Island game by Ron Gilbert anymore. Man, I really hoped they did it, even Gilbert himself said that he disliked the fact that he couldn't get the rights of the series to make another one now they belonged to Disney.
Oh well. Here's hoping for Hannah Montana Island.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 04-03-2013

I have to start OoT from the beginning since I had to wipe my computer. I'm now playing it with my PS3 controller and walking that small bloody walkway in Kokiri village is so much easier !

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Reeves Reus - 04-03-2013

GAME ON!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BomberJ - 04-04-2013

(04-03-2013, 06:33 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 05:18 PM)BomberJ Wrote:

Oh well. Here's hoping for Hannah Montana Island.

Don't give'em ideas!!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 04-04-2013

The Canadian government has been playing a little too much Majora's Mask.

[Image: c0acTdP.jpg]

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 04-04-2013

Ha! I've never played a Zelda game but that one made me smile :P

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - cingchris - 04-04-2013

Well one good thing came of Lucas Arts getting shut down, Raven Software decided to do this.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/4/4181560/raven-software-releases-source-code-for-jedi-knight-2-jedi-outcast

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Ouberry_13 - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 07:45 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: The Canadian government has been playing a little too much Majora's Mask.

[Image: c0acTdP.jpg]

But...but, the only way to even get to the fourth day in Majora is to cheat or hack. You're not suggesting a governmental power would ever cheat, are you? There's no way any government would ever do such things.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 08:42 PM)Ouberry_13 Wrote: But...but, the only way to even get to the fourth day in Majora is to cheat or hack. You're not suggesting a governmental power would ever cheat, are you? There's no way any government would ever do such things.

[Image: wuwsjMr.jpg]

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Antwan - 04-04-2013

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/02/simcity-dlc-nissan-leaf/

So the first DLC is an electric power charging station with a huge NISSAN plastered on it. Now, other than taking up space, there seems to be no downsides: it uses no water, requires no electricity, and produces no waste. It's a perpetual happy machine.

Now I know what you're thinking... why complain about a free and completely beneficial building? Well, think about it: if people would definitely place a building with no downsides, why not satisfy your advertisers by including them in it? That way, other people that help out their cities can see that huge NISSAN right there and possibly convince to buy the new Leaf at their local dealerships! So all this is just a ploy to make their advertisers look good, because after all, they'd never go for a building with negative attributes.

I expect Taco Bell buildings that cause no health issues and Wal-Marts that make no negative impact on small businesses in the future. I hope we all have fun making our cities into billboard boulevards. Thanks EA!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 04-05-2013

(04-04-2013, 10:51 PM)Antwan Wrote: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/02/simcity-dlc-nissan-leaf/

So the first DLC is an electric power charging station with a huge NISSAN plastered on it. Now, other than taking up space, there seems to be no downsides: it uses no water, requires no electricity, and produces no waste. It's a perpetual happy machine.

Now I know what you're thinking... why complain about a free and completely beneficial building? Well, think about it: if people would definitely place a building with no downsides, why not satisfy your advertisers by including them in it? That way, other people that help out their cities can see that huge NISSAN right there and possibly convince to buy the new Leaf at their local dealerships! So all this is just a ploy to make their advertisers look good, because after all, they'd never go for a building with negative attributes.

I expect Taco Bell buildings that cause no health issues and Wal-Marts that make no negative impact on small businesses in the future. I hope we all have fun making our cities into billboard boulevards. Thanks EA!

Haha, or imagine....imagine if McDonalds sponsored the Olympics XD

Oh wait.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Antwan - 04-05-2013

Not as damning as The Lorax sponsoring a Mazda SUV!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 04-06-2013

I just learned that there was a fighting game series called Battle Raper.

Just... what.

[Image: 225px-Battle_Raper_2_cover.jpg]