VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 04-18-2013

Darn mail lady... I don't know why she didn't just leave the darn box on the step! I scheduled a re-deliver today, but I could be playing Soul Hackers right now if she'd just left it! ><

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Reeves Reus - 04-18-2013

Got my new Fire Emblem Awakening copy with the extra Artbook included!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 04-18-2013

(04-18-2013, 01:40 PM)Reeves Reus Wrote: Got my new Fire Emblem Awakening copy with the extra Artbook included!

Getting the DLC?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - A Zombie Riot - 04-18-2013

If I send a game back to Gamefly on a Friday, it gets there on Monday and that same day they send me my next game, by that logic I should've had my game yesterday. HOW CAN IT TAKE 2 DAYS FOR THEM TO GET MY GAME, YET TAKE LIKE 5 TO SEND ME ONE.

BTW, I say 2 days because there is no shipping stuff on Sundays.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 04-18-2013

(04-18-2013, 04:07 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: If I send a game back to Gamefly on a Friday, it gets there on Monday and that same day they send me my next game, by that logic I should've had my game yesterday. HOW CAN IT TAKE 2 DAYS FOR THEM TO GET MY GAME, YET TAKE LIKE 5 TO SEND ME ONE.

BTW, I say 2 days because there is no shipping stuff on Sundays.

1)...because they don't send it first class whereas you ....do?
2) They send their products out AFTER the mail collection cut off time?
3) Gremlins?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Lazlo Falconi - 04-18-2013

On day one you put your game in the mail box and it's picked up by your mail carrier and sorted at the post office. That night, it is shipped out. On Day two it arrives at Gamefly's local post office, where it is sorted and sent out to Gamefly.

Now, this is where it gets tricky. Gamefly is a huge national chain. They receive hundreds, if not thousands of returns each day. So with all those games coming in, even though they receive your game on day two, it doesn't get processed until day three.

That same day the game you have next on your queue is chosen to go. But maybe there are no copies available? They have to wait until one comes in. Day four your new game is processed, and sent to the shipping department.

Day five they bring it to their local post office, and it's shipped out to you. And on day six you receive it.

...Or something.

I know how the mailing system works. It's just Gamefly opened up a new shipping center closer to me than the current one I'm using... yet I'm still using the old shipping center to get me the new games.

Because before, my games would take 3-4 days to get there and 3-4 days to get back to me. Almost a week waiting. I sent my games to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The closest shipping center, now, is in Kansas City, MO.

I JUST WANT CONSISTENCY!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Lazlo Falconi - 04-18-2013

Well... it stayed consistently 3-4 days...?

I just want my primary shipping center to be Kansas City since, you know, it's closer to me than Pittsburgh. But, as far as I know, there's no way to actually change your primary shipping center.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 04-18-2013

I've never been a massive fan of LoZ, but I must say that the new one recently announced looks very good. I might grab it when it comes out. I'd actually have a use for my 3DS.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - MexicanAnime - 04-18-2013

Now I have a WiiU game I can really look forward to in a few months!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/17/pikmin-3-coming-in-a-few-months

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 04-18-2013

If it weren't for the nightly figure update on AmiAmi I'd still totally be playing Soul Hackers. Just for the hell of it I tried some silly love match they have in there and I couldn't stop squeeing when it actually matched me with Victor! He's the main reason why I was freaking out over the game!

What sucks is that just when I'm able to see him I have to quit for the figure update. Soul Hackers is voiced, unlike the PS2 Devil Summoners, so I'm dying to hear his voice!

This is not a game for newbies, though. There really is no tutorial; they just throw you in! To be honest, I'm not even sure I understand everything 100%, but I'm having fun!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Antwan - 04-19-2013

Usually, I don't pimp out my videos, but you guys are my true mates and I wanted to share this.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 04-19-2013

(04-18-2013, 10:14 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: This is not a game for newbies, though. There really is no tutorial; they just throw you in! To be honest, I'm not even sure I understand everything 100%, but I'm having fun!

Isn't that the best kind of game? :D

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Lazlo Falconi - 04-19-2013

Oh god guys help I saw a thread about EVE on another forum and I think I might start playing again...