VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 05-22-2013

Call of Duty : Ghosts plotline revealed
[Image: 7Ns3S1O.gif]

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 05-23-2013

"Trade and resell games at retail"

Who in their right mind would pay retail price for a used game?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 05-23-2013

(05-22-2013, 09:15 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: The stuff saying that you'll have to pay to use used games.

The always on connection.

etc.

There's plenty of stuff. Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions if you're being ignorant to it all.

(05-22-2013, 08:56 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Even when the Director of Programming Larry Hyrb confirms used games isn't a possibility anymore unless you cough up the extra money.
Hey, you know what, he doesn't say that.

All he says is "today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail.

Beyond that, we have not confirmed any specific scenarios."

Hey, look, misinformation.

It's not misinformation because the both quotes come from the same source.

Larry Hyrb created and distributed both statements:
1) "Today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail".
and
2) "should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile".

If one source came from Larry Hyrb and another from a random source that isn't Larry Hyrb, then quotes may have been changed, changed context or edited slightly. But the point is, both statements come from the same source, meaning, it hasn't been edited/reported/misinterpreted by anyone else and therefore not misinformation.

An example of misinformation would be this:
(05-23-2013, 03:54 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: "Trade and resell games at retail"

Who in their right mind would pay retail price for a used game?
The quote doesn't state anywhere about price but that used games will circulate via retail[in someway]. It could mean retail shops or retail price which would change the context of the statement...and which is why I haven't bothered to comment on it yet because we don't know the full story.

Eh... I didn't mean it like I would actually think games would definitely be selling at retail price. I said that because in that context it would be utterly ridiculous.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Yawackhary - 05-23-2013

The only positives I can honestly think of the XboxOne are that it has the 3rd Party support that the Wii U doesn't have, the controller seems quite good and that the Call of Duty/FIFA players will still buy the console so it would be popular with the teenage/early 20s chavs in England/dudebros in America as in it wouldn't flop in these regions (rest of Europe and Japan however...). Then again Microsoft isn't targeting it as a console, out of curiousity I looked in the Argos catalogue and saw the 360. It was advertised as a home media centre and only two mention of games, Halo and Forza the rest were TV related channels on demand and Kinect. Of course, the next few pages had the games listed for sale but in terms of MS and their advert, it was focusing on the non-game parts. I should have known...

Anyway, I've nearly had enough of consoles and future gaming as it is. I wouldn't be buying a Xbone or a PS4 no matter how good the games are since it is getting harder to find games that I'm interested in even in the digital download front where there is more choice [last few games I bought have been downloadables]. It's just that as of right now, the games are focused on FPS, TPS, Strategy, RPGs and gambling games on phones ripping off Puzzle Bobble/Bejeweled. Now I am very picky in terms of FPS and TPS games with only a few that I liked (e.g. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, GoldenEye, Uncharted series) since most they are either military based as in based on something on the news, macho space marine or realisitic enough. I don't want to be an army soldier shooting things in Afghanistan/random Middle Eastern country/North Korea/insert country that the US doesn't like. Games are there to escape from reality, not getting close to blurring the lines. I'm not into Pokemon/other Japanese RPGs like Persona both that a lot of people online seem to love and find Strategy games head scratchy so that rules most of the games coming out. Even most of the indie games don't interest me either since they seem to have a "snobby" quality about it like art critics while having memories of the NES (did like Retro City Rampage to a degree though). The Wii U would be just for the new Mario, Sonic and Donkey Kong games coming out as well as playing the Wii games that I missed out on. Oh and the Sega style The 90's Arcade Racer. Speaking of which, my favourite two genres platforming games and racing games are on the decline, the former has been in decline for years and the later is on the decline with just the Milestone stuff, GT6 that I'm getting and Codemasters Grid 2 that I'm not interested in since story based racing games don't really work very well. Oh and that poor Fast and Furious game that seems to have stolen the mechanics from Sleeping Dogs and made it into a poor Burnout clone. Also there will be less of them since the Burnout people have confirmed no more racing games for a while.

In fact this year, my most played game was The Pinball Arcade even though I really enjoyed Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Sly Cooper 4 and a couple of other games.

It's just that games are losing the innocence that I grew up with, I started on the Mega Drive and the most gritty games I have are Revenge of Shinobi and Streets of Rage also GTA 1 & London on the PS1, all that seem very tame compared to the stuff that is released today. Back then and even towards the early days of the 360/PS3/Wii generation, it had a sense of carefree and relaxing quality, multiplayer wasn't the main focus and you would have been lucky to play online. Games were felt more complete, didn't have paid DLC among on disc DLC or huge patches and they were pretty much pick up and play yet not full of hand holding tutorials/auto run segments or climatic scenes that marketing would put it. Sure even in the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox generation there were military shooters (Medal of Honor was the big one, then Call of Duty) and violent games like God of War (I have the PS3 collection for that one and only because the bloody violence is justified for being in Mythical Ancient Greece when things were raunchy), but the former was only a minority. In this current climate, I'm sure Full Spectrum Warrior and Conflict: Desert Storm would be high sellers now or at least Spec Ops level.

In fact I have more interest getting an original Xbox than the next consoles and why. Well the Xbox wasn't popular in Europe (it was a weak Number 2 compared to the way out in front PS2 and the died before its time Gamecube that was reborn as the Wii) and since the demand isn't there for the collectors (with PS2 you have the RPGs and the Gamecube the Nintendo stuff) means that games are very cheap. We are talking about less than food cheap. Since the Xbox was PC based (something like the Xbone and the PS4 are like now), it meant that games were either the best or second best [the Gamecube would be the best in these cases] console versions depending on the game and the games don't look as aged as the PS2. I have wrote down a list of about 50+ games I would like to play on the system (21-23 of them are racing games yes the Xbox had a lot of racing games [would be 24 if Smashing Drive came out in its homeland*], 14 that are better than the other systems, 12 that are exclusives [not racing]). Since Microsoft still thought in PC mode, there are 2 of their PC series that got a final game on the original console [Crimson Skies and Midtown Madness], surprised that Microsoft Flight Simulator wasn't on it. Strange how Microsoft have quite a bit of IP and most of them have been forgotten except Halo, Gears of War and Forza. Also I never knew Forza was on the original Xbox, I thought that was a 360 series.

* - Yes I know the game is bad, but I have played the original arcade version and enjoyed it plus apart from the missing intros and a time bug preventing you from fully completing the game, it doesn't seem to be a bad port like Cruis'n [The Fast and Furious arcade] was.

The only problem with the original Xbox is that people will remember it as the console that launched Halo and online gaming but it has more than that.

I'm very surprised that there isn't an emulator for the original Xbox but due to the lack of demand, I predict it is going to take until MESS to emulate it.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - A Zombie Riot - 05-23-2013

He is clearly talking about retail shops, not price. I.E. Something like gamestop.

I'm glad I'm the only one being logical and actually using my brain here. Everyone else is being ignorant and refuse to acknowledge the facts.

Well sorry for not being English and actually thinking about retail shops. Every time I hear retail I think about a price.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - A Zombie Riot - 05-23-2013

Well, if we trade in games, we'll get the full retail price? Yeah, that's not going to work at all.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 05-25-2013

If anyone cares, I've upgraded my graphics card, meaning I can play a lot more vidya, in 720p fullscreen, even emulators, which is great.

So, yeah, if anyone wants to play anything on Steam, just ask.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 05-25-2013

(05-25-2013, 11:23 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: If anyone cares, I've upgraded my graphics card, meaning I can play a lot more vidya, in 720p fullscreen, even emulators, which is great.

So, yeah, if anyone wants to play anything on Steam, just ask.

That feel when you upgrade a component.

I haven't experienced it since the summer of '08 when I got my laptop :D

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Ghost Nappa - 05-26-2013

I am soooooooooo mad right now. (You can tell because I added a lot of O's) I entered a code for an Xbox Live Gold membership, but when I went to start a party, It said I didn't have a membership. I don't know what to do. It says I have a membership, but I cant do anything like parties or playing online, etc. All my money just went to waste!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 05-26-2013

(05-26-2013, 08:41 PM)Ghost Nappa Wrote: I am soooooooooo mad right now. (You can tell because I added a lot of O's) I entered a code for an Xbox Live Gold membership, but when I went to start a party, It said I didn't have a membership. I don't know what to do. It says I have a membership, but I cant do anything like parties or playing online, etc. All my money just went to waste!

Contact tech support?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Ghost Nappa - 05-26-2013

(05-26-2013, 08:55 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(05-26-2013, 08:41 PM)Ghost Nappa Wrote: I am soooooooooo mad right now. (You can tell because I added a lot of O's) I entered a code for an Xbox Live Gold membership, but when I went to start a party, It said I didn't have a membership. I don't know what to do. It says I have a membership, but I cant do anything like parties or playing online, etc. All my money just went to waste!

Contact tech support?

I don't know how to do that.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Combat Lobster - 05-26-2013

(05-26-2013, 08:57 PM)Ghost Nappa Wrote:
(05-26-2013, 08:55 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

Contact tech support?

I don't know how to do that.

Try their twitter first. https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1

If all else fails there's a 1-800 number you can call for support on their website.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 05-27-2013

Well, if you want, you can get a month of gold free.

Not sure if it works for Americans though, it worked for me and my brother

Remember to uncheck "automatic renewal".