VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 05-29-2013

Matt from Two Best Friends was interviewed:

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 05-29-2013

Who said board games were dull ?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Combat Lobster - 05-29-2013

(05-29-2013, 06:38 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: Who said board games were dull ?

-360 No scope Dice roll-

I've seen these videos before, but I'm more familiar with the "Simulator" games.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 05-31-2013

I appreciate the Merchant quote near the end of that Farm Simulator video.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 06-01-2013

Gotta love Gearbox.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Beware of Cuccos - 06-03-2013

I just hit my first level 60 on WoW.
I can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 06-04-2013

(06-03-2013, 09:47 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I just hit my first level 60 on WoW.

Wasn't it lowered to 30 though?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Beware of Cuccos - 06-04-2013

(06-04-2013, 07:00 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(06-03-2013, 09:47 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I just hit my first level 60 on WoW.

Wasn't it lowered to 30 though?

I don't think so?!

If that's true then i'm just going to spend the rest of the week getting drunk at the Darkmoon Faire.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 06-04-2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22766511

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 06-04-2013

(06-04-2013, 01:05 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22766511

NO! They will unleash that curse that is ET upon the world again! What madness, these fools plan to unleash, oh why have they forsaken us?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Yawackhary - 06-05-2013

I bet if they do find any E.T. cartridges, they would have been a faulty batch or something. Who knows what's hidden in the landfill? Drugs? Nuclear waste? Skeletons? The problem with E.T. was basically it was rushed and someone recently did make the game better since it did have some features that weren't common at the time like a proper full screen title screen but it's not like its the worst Atari 2600 game that's out there...

Anyway, on Wednesday I got myself an original Xbox that does work that came with the remote, a steering wheel, 2 controllers (1 Controller S and a 3rd party one) and 13 pretty good games including Burnout 3 that after playing it discovered why I love gaming in the first place. On Saturday, I bought myself another 14 Xbox games very cheaply including the underrated and poorly reviewed Headhunter Redemption, OutRun 2, the Finnish version of Dead to Rights that was strangely completely in English* (I thought Finnish games were English in game and packaging/instructions were in Finnish) and the original Forza that I didn't know existed on the original Xbox.

* - I'm guessing it was the Finnish version since it's not PEGI [Peggy] (the usual one), BBFC (UK until recently, some games have them like the GTA series but not commonly rated), ELSPA (the one before PEGI, was used before 2003 in the case of PS2/NGC/Xbox/GBA games you would have both ELSPA and PEGI), the Australian one (similar to US movie ratings, very rare to see in Europe) or the German USK one. Unlike the US that just has ESRB ratings, Europe can get messy.

It's just that some of the games that I want happen to be pricey like Jet Set Radio Future, OutRun 2006, GunValkyrie, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Psychonauts, Taito Legends 1 & 2 (pretty much legal MAME even if the 2nd one has Elevator Action Returns), Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (not as much as both Gamecube games though), Operation Winback 2 (fair enough it was one of the last games to be released in Europe) and the big one Shenmue II where you can get a decent PS3/360 game for that price. In fact apart from OutRun 2 (Microsoft published it), Headhunter Redemption (see the reason above) and Sega GT 2002 plus sports games but we won't mention those, nearly all the Sega games aren't cheap at all. I am aware of the wink, wink, nudge, nudge method but am afraid of something bad happening and something bad always happens to me. It's not like the Wii where there are 100 million+ machines about. Also if anyone can please recommend me some suggestions to get for the console?

This is what I already have:
If it wasn't for this chest infection, would have certainly played more on it. Also I weren't the only person who bought a console recently in the family. My mum bought herself a Wii, yes I know it's not like 2007-2008 where everyone were buying Wiis and that means any Wii game that I already have, I can play on it no problem until the Wii U that is since she would only occasionally play on it and only on simple to control games like Bust A Move, Wii Sports (the only games she can really play are puzzle games like Tetris and Columns, Sonic 1 and Sonic Triple Trouble, the rest are too hard for her even games like Sega Superstars Tennis). Oh and got myself Disaster: Day of Crisis, a Nintendo game that wasn't released in America. Na, na, na, na na :)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 06-05-2013

I've been inactive for a while I realize now. But anyway, I am now 28
games into my 52 games goal. I'm about 2 games ahead of schedule and I
just got TES4:Oblivion again on PC. I've been playing Hitman 2 and it's REALLY good. I still have Super Meat Boy and 5 God of War games in my backlog. I only have a few days left of school before I start rotting in my home trying to reach my crazy goal.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - A Zombie Riot - 06-06-2013

Just got these 3 games on the 3DS virtual console

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

All for about $17!

And I haven't played any of them! Ages and Seasons were $5.30 each (after bloody tax) and then Link's Awakening DX was $5.63 after tax.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - cingchris - 06-06-2013

I loved Oracle of Ages/Seasons as I had them both for the Gameboy color, although I never beat either as I got stuck on them both and couldn't for the life of me figure out what to do, I've recently been playing through them again actually, and I'm gonna beat them this time.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 06-06-2013

Wow. I really think I am just done with video games. With all these new systems I read about I just keep thinking "Don't want that... Don't want that... I don't even understand what that is...".

It isn't even about video games anymore! There's all these stupid add ons that just jack the price up and I'll never use! I thought I'd at least still buy handhelds, but even they keep getting loaded down with stupid crap. I don't even use the 3D feature on my 3DS!

I was fine with my wonderful PS2! The controller was so comfortable and not all big and clunky like they are now. They hurt my child-like hands! It released terrific games and I had a massive library of them! The graphics were fine as well! The only issue was the memory cards since I prefer saving my games on a hard drive and not trying to remember what games were saved on each card! It was also fully backwards compatible with the PS1! It looked and felt cheap, but that system was pretty hardy! I haven't had to replace it at all yet!