VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SuperMasterGamer - 06-09-2013

(06-09-2013, 09:58 PM)Raven Wrote: I might not get my copy of Animal Crossing from Amazon for another week :( Darn my love of Amazon; I should have just got it from the Target down the street.

After a few years, I decided to restart my copy of Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. After the disappointment that was sticker star, it's nice to go back to one of the best games in the series.

I kinda liked Sticker Star only because it had really good music. Other than that, it really kinda sucked due to little to no RPG elements.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 06-10-2013

So I've been spending a ton of time playing Oblivion. And I've only beaten 2 story quests.
This is why I'm not allowed to play RPGs.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Lazlo Falconi - 06-10-2013

It's okay man. I had almost 40 hours into Skyrim before I even fought the first dragon.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mr.Katana - 06-10-2013

Skyrim? My god, I spent forever on that game.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Ghost Nappa - 06-11-2013

I've never played Skyrim. None of my friends have either, but the Internet says its a really good game.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 06-11-2013

I hope that Rayman Legends is made with single players in mind more than Origins. I had a blast when I was playing it with two other people, but by yourself it feels just a tiny bit lacking.

They'd better do a better job testing it this time around as well. The more people you had playing Origins the buggier it got. On single player I only had issues with the infamous Pirate's Treasure Chase but with my two pals the game would do all sorts of odd things. One time the game just kept loading at the point where we'd died and for some reason we kept dying instantly until it suddenly decided to work correctly.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 06-11-2013

So, is anyone else kind of sad that the new type is called fairy type?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 02:52 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: So, is anyone else kind of sad that the new type is called fairy type?

Yes. Fairy isn't a type. Next Goblin and Troll will be a type.
What's wrong with Light? Also, awkward as heck when you announce Fairy as a type yet not include Clefairy.

(06-11-2013, 02:55 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 02:52 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: So, is anyone else kind of sad that the new type is called fairy type?

Yes. Fairy isn't a type. Next Goblin and Troll will be a type.
What's wrong with Light? Also, awkward as heck when you announce Fairy as a type yet not include Clefairy.

That's a good point. I was kind of hoping there'd either not be a new type or it'd be something to do with say will, or aura, or something of the like. I don't mind it too much honestly, though it means all those people on memebase were right.lol

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SuperMasterGamer - 06-11-2013

The new type bugs me. I mean, it's Super Effective against Dragons.

I rather call it "Light" and make it Super Effective against Dark types and call it a day.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Lazlo Falconi - 06-11-2013

It's all about balance. Right now all that works against dragon is dragon. That's why they added Dark and Steel types back in the day, because Psychic was OP. Dragon isn't really that bad, but it kind of sucks that nothing is super effective against it.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SuperMasterGamer - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 06:46 PM)Lazlo Falconi Wrote: It's all about balance. Right now all that works against dragon is dragon. That's why they added Dark and Steel types back in the day, because Psychic was OP. Dragon isn't really that bad, but it kind of sucks that nothing is super effective against it.

I guess you're right, but psychic types are still OP.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 06:54 PM)SuperMasterGamer Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 06:46 PM)Lazlo Falconi Wrote: It's all about balance. Right now all that works against dragon is dragon. That's why they added Dark and Steel types back in the day, because Psychic was OP. Dragon isn't really that bad, but it kind of sucks that nothing is super effective against it.

I guess you're right, but psychic types are still OP.

They haven't been for a very long time. They were only OP in G/R/B/Y due to crappy programming which was then fixed in G/S/C. Since Hoenn It's been fighting types reigning high with Psychic in mid high to mid.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Raven - 06-11-2013

I don't care for the fairy type, but I guess it's good the dragon type finally has a real weakness.
I was waiting for a light type, but Sylveon just had to be a fairy...or a magical girl.

I was one of those people who hoped it'd be flying.