VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - cingchris - 06-17-2013

(06-17-2013, 08:21 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I made a cool tree house in Minecraft...

I made a tree house once, I decided to put florescent lights in it, (tubes or glass with lava inside) I accidentally broke the glass, and burned down my house, and the forest surrounding it. I was glad I like to keep back-ups of my worlds just in case I screw up royally.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Beware of Cuccos - 06-17-2013

(06-17-2013, 09:36 PM)cingchris Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 08:21 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I made a cool tree house in Minecraft...

I made a tree house once, I decided to put florescent lights in it, (tubes or glass with lava inside) I accidentally broke the glass, and burned down my house, and the forest surrounding it. I was glad I like to keep back-ups of my worlds just in case I screw up royally.

Ooooooooohhh good idea.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Lazlo Falconi - 06-17-2013

>2013
>playing minecraft alone
ISHYGDDT

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Arjahn - 06-17-2013

Oh yeah, does anyone want to hop on my Minecraft server? It's nothing big, just one me and a few of my buddies made a while ago, no mods or rules or anything. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the Hamachi SPEKKKKKS

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Beware of Cuccos - 06-17-2013

I can't tonight. I'm about to go to bed. I'll try another time (if I can- I still have to finish packing), or after I get back from Vegas.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 06-17-2013

(06-17-2013, 10:16 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I can't tonight. I'm about to go to bed. I'll try another time (if I can- I still have to finish packing), or after I get back from Vegas.

Good night, sleep tight!

[Image: tumblr_mojfbn5HvI1rw1wnno1_400.gif]

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Arjahn - 06-17-2013

Don't let the bed bugs bite.

Don't click on the spoiler tag.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 06-18-2013

Us in the EU(and Japan) have a biggish 3DS update.

new features:

Two kinds of games in a "bigger" Mii Plaza - ones you've already, plus ones to purchase!
We've now got a Shop, and Exchange Booth, a Check for Updates button and a new Play icon, along with a new second screen menu.
New games - Streetpass Squad, Streetpass Garden, Streetpass Battle, Streetpass Mansion.
New game selection section.
Games are bought with real money, as in eShop purchases.
Streetpass Squad is like Streetpass Quest. Takes place in space. Battle the Gold Bone Gang. Costs £4.49.
Streetpass Garden. You move in to a house in Leafington and try to become a Master Gardener, under the tutelage of Mr Mendel. Grow flowers and decorate your garden. Costs £4.49.
Streetpass Battle. Game of strategy and luck. Rule a remote country in a wartorn land. Your butler, Wentworth, helps you build an army via Streetpass to battle other generals. Ultimate goal to conquer the world! Costs £4.49.
Streetpass Mansion. Spooky paranormal investigation. You're a detective trying to solve the mystery of a haunted house, helped by your assistant Ella Mentree. You work to uncover truth with the help of people you meet inside. Battle enemies to reach the top floor. Costs £4.49.
Combo pack is only available for your first purchase and costs £13.49 (saving of £4.47). Deal only available if you buy all four at first. If you buy one on its own, the rest cost full price.
Exchange booth is locked. Clicking on it doesn't do anything yet. You'll need to earn tickets (see below) to use it.
No Xenoblade puzzle for me, but I did get a Skyward Sword one.
Playing games wins you hats and plaza tickets for achieving certain goals. Exchange these for new Mii accessories. Not available in the StreetPass Quest/Quest II or Puzzle Swap.
Get a Pixel Mario hat to commemorate :-)

Credit to Cosmonaut X from NeoGAF.
As someone who uses Street Pass a lot, this is all welcome.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 06-18-2013

(06-17-2013, 07:08 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I thought that the Last of Us lived up to the hype. At the very least, more so than some other games in recent history that received a lot of perfect scores.

The thing is, there are way too many bugs and glitches for what is now apparently being called "the best game on PS3". People don't look over the hype and see the actual problems the game has. The AI isn't all that great either and half of the time they are invisible to enemies and the other half they attract everything around them.

A perfect game should be perfect, nothing more, nothing less. This here is not a perfect game. A good game, an amazing story but overall nowhere near perfect.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 06-18-2013

(06-18-2013, 10:28 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 07:08 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I thought that the Last of Us lived up to the hype. At the very least, more so than some other games in recent history that received a lot of perfect scores.

The thing is, there are way too many bugs and glitches for what is now apparently being called "the best game on PS3". People don't look over the hype and see the actual problems the game has. The AI isn't all that great either and half of the time they are invisible to enemies and the other half they attract everything around them.

A perfect game should be perfect, nothing more, nothing less. This here is not a perfect game. A good game, an amazing story but overall nowhere near perfect.

The biggest turn-off for me was before the game came out. Here in the UK we have events called lock-ins in which certain retailers stay open after hours and and the public can sign up to play games before they come out. This was over a month ago I played The Last of Us and the biggest problem for me was the insanely game breaking mechanic of "enemy sniffing"(being able to see through walls). I've still yet to play TLoU and I've had to refrain from YouTube videos but I am looking forward to it regardless of what's being said. But I am taking what others have been saying into consideration, but I don't expect TLoU to disappoint, yet be slightly over hyped.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 06-18-2013

(06-18-2013, 11:33 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(06-18-2013, 10:28 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

The biggest turn-off for me was before the game came out. Here in the UK we have events called lock-ins in which certain retailers stay open after hours and and the public can sign up to play games before they come out. This was over a month ago I played The Last of Us and the biggest problem for me was the insanely game breaking mechanic of "enemy sniffing"(being able to see through walls). I've still yet to play TLoU and I've had to refrain from YouTube videos but I am looking forward to it regardless of what's being said. But I am taking what others have been saying into consideration, but I don't expect TLoU to disappoint, yet be slightly over hyped.

I actually like the enemy locating mechanic. It's essential to surviving, especially on Hard. My main gripe, however, is how the AI doesn't seem to understand what sneaking means. You try to sneak and they run around the place making every single enemy in vicinity notice you. Not all the time but even once is enough, and it has happened to me multiple times. Sometimes when I try to sneak attack an enemy one of my AI mates decides they need to change cover and the only way to accomplish this is to run between me and the enemy resulting in the enemy turning around to eat my face. Then there are parts when the enemy just simply knows where you are, no matter how you are sneaking. It takes away from the immersion.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Beware of Cuccos - 06-18-2013

(06-17-2013, 10:18 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 10:16 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I can't tonight. I'm about to go to bed. I'll try another time (if I can- I still have to finish packing), or after I get back from Vegas.

Good night, sleep tight!

[Image: tumblr_mojfbn5HvI1rw1wnno1_400.gif]

Aww!

I've been seeing a lot of youtube videos of Minecraft Hunger Games, and it looks super fun. Has anyone done that?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Arjahn - 06-18-2013

(06-18-2013, 02:40 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I've been seeing a lot of youtube videos of Minecraft Hunger Games, and it looks super fun. Has anyone done that?

I have with a couple of friends, it's a lot of fun but can get sort of tedious near the end when there are only 2 or 3 people left and they don't know where the hell anyone else is.

(06-18-2013, 06:17 PM)Arjahn Wrote:
(06-18-2013, 02:40 PM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: I've been seeing a lot of youtube videos of Minecraft Hunger Games, and it looks super fun. Has anyone done that?

I have with a couple of friends, it's a lot of fun but can get sort of tedious near the end when there are only 2 or 3 people left and they don't know where the hell anyone else is.

I just tried to play one and died as soon as the grace period wore off haha.

I know there's a way to get stuff faster. Like, when you open a chest, instead of clicking something and dragging it to your inventory, i've seen videos of where people just click the items and it's automatically in their inventory without having to drag it. Do you know how to do that?