VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 06-20-2013

(06-19-2013, 11:21 PM)Arjahn Wrote: My childhood console was weird, I was born into the later N64 days and the Gamecube came out when I was 7, but all my family ever had was a SNES.
Not that I'm complaining, I love the SNES and grew a huge compassion for pre-polygonal games as a result of it, so I was always happy to be chilling out with Sim City while my friends played their Smash bros.
But now my best friend can kick my ass in smash bros so sgkjlndjmsgjn;sjg

I'm on sort of the same page, except I grew up with the NES and Genesis.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Lazlo Falconi - 06-20-2013

I thought I was bad. I only had an NES until 1994 (December 24, 1994 to be precise) when I got an SNES. Later in 1997 or so I got a Genesis and Sega Saturn, then in '99 a PSX and finally in about 2003 an N64. I honestly have no idea when I got a GCN... I think it was around 2003? Maybe? And I got my PS2 after PS3 had been announced I think. The only consoles I ever got in the year they were released was a GBA SP--which I just barely got that year, and a DS that I got the week after that came out.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Yawackhary - 06-21-2013

In terms of consoles, I usually get them in terms of release [for GBA, Gamecube and DS they were at launch] or at least within the console lifecycle [most of them] but I do have a couple than I can think of getting them much later.

I got my Mega Drive at 1997, the exact year when the console died in Europe and since it was a birthday gift, I actually remember seeing the last ever new Mega Drive game in stores and that was FIFA 98. Remember this was the year when the PS1 and Saturn were head to head and the N64 only just came out. Got my Game Gear I think around late 1997/1998 way after the console died? Got my SNES in 2003/2004 [about 7/8 years after it died and 8/9 years after it launched, thinking about it the SNES didn't last long in Europe either] and my Master System that was a gift in 2005 [11 years after it died]? Most recently I got myself an Xbox, 11 years after the launch and 7 years after it died. Sorry if it sounded boring and the only reason why I had so many consoles growing up was because I couldn't do much else, they were getting released as fast as I had the last one and I actually kept up to the gaming news via magazines at the time. I'm actually surprised that the last generation slowed down.

Plus seeing someone play on a NGC at 7 when I was a teenager makes me feel old...

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SuperMasterGamer - 06-21-2013

So I finally got Minecraft on the PC.

I'm enjoying it so far.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 06-21-2013

(06-21-2013, 09:38 AM)SuperMasterGamer Wrote: So I finally got Minecraft on the PC.

I'm enjoying it so far.

If you see something like a blocky hedge on legs, give it a big hug and it will lead you to diamonds.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 06-21-2013

So how about that Hotline Miami 2? I'm really excited for it, the first game is damn amazing. The combat is super fast paced, difficult but fair, the graphics are pretty cool, and the story is...is there a story?
Anyway, I hope the sequel will be longer. My only problem with Hotline Miami was that it was too short, it only took me about 4 hours to beat all of the levels. I'm glad I got it for half off.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Lazlo Falconi - 06-21-2013

Anyone up for some Civ V in the next hour or so?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - MexicanAnime - 06-21-2013

Started Muramasa with the girl's route and I'm already enjoying it. The gameplay is pretty fun with all of it's slashing and the different amount of swords you can use that's in your possession. Style is also really beautiful in this one.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 06-21-2013

(06-21-2013, 08:55 PM)MexicanAnime Wrote: Started Muramasa with the girl's route and I'm already enjoying it. The gameplay is pretty fun with all of it's slashing and the different amount of swords you can use that's in your possession. Style is also really beautiful in this one.

I own that game, but have yet to play it, which is kind of stupid when I already went ahead and bought a figure from it:

[Image: 98783.jpg]

...She comes with her own built in flotation devices.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 06-21-2013

(06-21-2013, 08:57 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(06-21-2013, 08:55 PM)MexicanAnime Wrote: Started Muramasa with the girl's route and I'm already enjoying it. The gameplay is pretty fun with all of it's slashing and the different amount of swords you can use that's in your possession. Style is also really beautiful in this one.

I own that game, but have yet to play it, which is kind of stupid when I already went ahead and bought a figure from it:

[Image: 98783.jpg]

...She comes with her own built in flotation devices.

Is it the glass? Does it have air pockets in it?

(06-21-2013, 08:34 PM)Lazlo Falconi Wrote: Anyone up for some Civ V in the next hour or so?

I might be able to tomorrow.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 06-22-2013

My God.

The Sonic CD soundtrack is amazing. I bought it two days ago, and I fell in love with both the Japanese and American soundtracks.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Arjahn - 06-23-2013

HEY GUYS I FINALLY GOT A HEADSET THAT ISN'T POOP

Before, as I have moaned several times, I was stuck with the Wii Headset, which is f*cking terrible.
Now, after selling that trading card, I was able to afford a fanciful Turtle Beach one, which feels amazing.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - cingchris - 06-23-2013

You and your luxurious Turtle Beaches, I wish I had those, but I'm stuck with my budget $30 headsets.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Arjahn - 06-23-2013

This one was only $40, granted it was the cheapest model available, but it gets the job done.
It's a Turtlebeach X12 if you're interested, the only complaint I have is that it can be a little uncomfortable after wearing it for hours, but that happens to me with every pair of headphones anyways :P

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - cingchris - 06-23-2013

(06-23-2013, 09:23 PM)Arjahn Wrote: This one was only $40, granted it was the cheapest model available, but it gets the job done.
It's a Turtlebeach X12 if you're interested, the only complaint I have is that it can be a little uncomfortable after wearing it for hours, but that happens to me with every pair of headphones anyways :P

If I'm gonna get one I'd prefer to get one that's works both for my computer and Xbox, and the cheapest one that does that is $60 bucks at my local Wal-Mart.