VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Arjahn - 06-29-2013

(06-29-2013, 01:07 PM)Zaliphone Wrote:
(06-28-2013, 05:35 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: So, what you guys think about them valve trading cards?

I absolutely hate them and I think it's a stupid idea.

[Image: citizen_kane_slow_clap.gif]

But... free money

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Raiden Blackwood - 06-30-2013

After many months of not playing a video game, my luck changed. I found my old N64. I've been playing OoT for the last few hours and it's my best playthrough yet. I'm back with a vengeance. Hail to the king, baby.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 07-01-2013

Aaaaaaargh! Stupid region locking! Why does it even exist?! I couldn't buy any of the beautiful and cheap NES games at the convention because I wouldn't have been able to play them on a stupid PAL system. I did get the Resident Evil Remake fro the GC from a friend but even for that I need to hunt down a boot disc and an actual GC.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CosmykTheDolfyn - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 06:02 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Aaaaaaargh! Stupid region locking! Why does it even exist?! I couldn't buy any of the beautiful and cheap NES games at the convention because I wouldn't have been able to play them on a stupid PAL system. I did get the Resident Evil Remake fro the GC from a friend but even for that I need to hunt down a boot disc and an actual GC.
Uggh, I hate that. I have a bunch of Doctor Who DVDs I bought in London that I can't watch over here. Wasn't thinking about it.

(07-01-2013, 06:06 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 06:02 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Aaaaaaargh! Stupid region locking! Why does it even exist?! I couldn't buy any of the beautiful and cheap NES games at the convention because I wouldn't have been able to play them on a stupid PAL system. I did get the Resident Evil Remake fro the GC from a friend but even for that I need to hunt down a boot disc and an actual GC.
Uggh, I hate that. I have a bunch of Doctor Who DVDs I bought in London that I can't watch over here. Wasn't thinking about it.

You can watch them on your PC, I think. At least I was able to do that when I accidentally bought one of my Final Fantasy Unlimited DVDs as an American copy. Since my PC hates DVDs it was a pain but at least I was able to watch it, eventually.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 07-01-2013

Mod your Wii?

(07-01-2013, 06:30 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:

Mod your Wii?

Correction: Get a Wii. Even then, I'd rather have a GameCube.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 06:43 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 06:30 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:

Mod your Wii?

Correction: Get a Wii. Even then, I'd rather have a GameCube.

I'd still recommend you get a Wii and mod it. Just makes your position a WHOLE LOT easier.

I don't mod things. I don't tamper with tech. The last time I did something like that myself my laptop died.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 12:31 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I don't mod things. I don't tamper with tech. The last time I did something like that myself my laptop died.

I sort of know that feel. I tried loading up my Minecraft with as many mods as I could and all of my worlds got deleted. That is why I obsessively back-up my saves now.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - DokemonStudios - 07-01-2013

Right now I'm playing FF12... How did this get a perfect rating on Famitsu again? I really don't like how you have to just wait in real time. If Square wanted something new for the core Final Fantasy series they should've made the gameplay system more like Kingdom Hearts. At least that game gave you the ability to attack freely.

Playing Last of Us I realize that this damn game gets praised for pretty much every single thing people tend to complain about in RE games. Sure, the exection is completely different, but a lot of these oh-so-praised features are hated in RE games. Yet, I have actually seen people wondering why RE doesn't have features like this. WTF people?!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 04:02 PM)DokemonStudios Wrote: Right now I'm playing FF12... How did this get a perfect rating on Famitsu again? I really don't like how you have to just wait in real time. If Square wanted something new for the core Final Fantasy series they should've made the gameplay system more like Kingdom Hearts. At least that game gave you the ability to attack freely.

That is the problem actually. Final Fantasy has always been about the turn-based strategy and they've try to reinvent it over time through multiple iterations. I actually really like 12's system but not as much as the classics way, but if you think THAT is bad, play 13. The thing about FF is that its about the world, and honestly, FF12's world, which is the same as the tactics universe, is probably the best one since 9.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 05:17 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Playing Last of Us I realize that this damn game gets praised for pretty much every single thing people tend to complain about in RE games. Sure, the exection is completely different, but a lot of these oh-so-praised features are hated in RE games. Yet, I have actually seen people wondering why RE doesn't have features like this. WTF people?!

I think it's more "Why are they not doing them "right". Never played the game but I wanna. Hearing it's like RE........ not so much.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 07-02-2013

(07-01-2013, 05:17 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Playing Last of Us I realize that this damn game gets praised for pretty much every single thing people tend to complain about in RE games. Sure, the exection is completely different, but a lot of these oh-so-praised features are hated in RE games. Yet, I have actually seen people wondering why RE doesn't have features like this. WTF people?!

You have the reason right in your post. The execution is completely different. I don't really think any gameplay elements are inherently evil, just commonly implemented poorly. The Last of Us got right what RE got wrong. Which, depending on how you look at it, is a lot.