VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Arjahn - 07-02-2013

So... anyone else waiting for the Steam Summer Sale?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 11:59 AM)Arjahn Wrote: So... anyone else waiting for the Steam Summer Sale?

My wallet will never be ready.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CosmykTheDolfyn - 07-02-2013

I actually deleted my steam a few months ago. My midterms were coming, and I HAD to study. Steam was preventing that...

So I did the unthinkable. I still haven't re-installed it.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 05:45 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I actually deleted my steam a few months ago. My midterms were coming, and I HAD to study. Steam was preventing that...

So I did the unthinkable. I still haven't re-installed it.

You YOU MONSTER!!!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Combat Lobster - 07-02-2013

I don't think we've had enough of E3 yet, (Even though that was last month.) but luckily youtube comments have our backs:

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Raiden Blackwood - 07-02-2013

Well, I beat OoT....again. Now back to the world of not gaming. :(

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 08:00 PM)Raiden Blackwood Wrote: Well, I beat OoT....again. Now back to the world of not gaming. :(

Ewww. I hate that place. It's full of..... REAL things.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 08:09 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 08:00 PM)Raiden Blackwood Wrote: Well, I beat OoT....again. Now back to the world of not gaming. :(

Ewww. I hate that place. It's full of..... REAL things.

and kids

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Raiden Blackwood - 07-02-2013

It's so lonely here in the real world.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 09:46 PM)Raiden Blackwood Wrote: It's so lonely here in the real world.

That's what alcohol is for.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 09:47 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 09:46 PM)Raiden Blackwood Wrote: It's so lonely here in the real world.

That's what alcohol is for.

Alcohol, games and candy. The best medicine for the real live.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - MexicanAnime - 07-02-2013

Now to go beat Majora's Mask. Then Windwaker. Then all the other Zelda games.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Lazlo Falconi - 07-02-2013

So I picked up Endless Space... Is it just me or is this game more complicated than Eve?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 07-03-2013

(07-02-2013, 08:44 AM)Zaliphone Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 05:17 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Playing Last of Us I realize that this damn game gets praised for pretty much every single thing people tend to complain about in RE games. Sure, the exection is completely different, but a lot of these oh-so-praised features are hated in RE games. Yet, I have actually seen people wondering why RE doesn't have features like this. WTF people?!

You have the reason right in your post. The execution is completely different. I don't really think any gameplay elements are inherently evil, just commonly implemented poorly. The Last of Us got right what RE got wrong. Which, depending on how you look at it, is a lot.

I'm not saying either of the games would have gotten it wrong. It's just that Last of Us gets all this praise while RE (all of which I think are fantastic games) get crap thrown on it because of their predecessors, not because they would be exceptionally bad games. Last of Us does not have this problem since it's only that one game. Yet, both games have all these similar proerties and people are still telling RE should do the same. Why the F would they do that since it would end up not fixing anything people want to be fixed?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - RyeoNox - 07-03-2013

(07-01-2013, 08:57 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 04:02 PM)DokemonStudios Wrote: Right now I'm playing FF12... How did this get a perfect rating on Famitsu again? I really don't like how you have to just wait in real time. If Square wanted something new for the core Final Fantasy series they should've made the gameplay system more like Kingdom Hearts. At least that game gave you the ability to attack freely.

That is the problem actually. Final Fantasy has always been about the turn-based strategy and they've try to reinvent it over time through multiple iterations. I actually really like 12's system but not as much as the classics way, but if you think THAT is bad, play 13. The thing about FF is that its about the world, and honestly, FF12's world, which is the same as the tactics universe, is probably the best one since 9.

FFX has the best battle system IMO. It gives the players some time to think before they choose their attack. But in X-2 they destroyed everything. Bad story, bad settings, bad combat.

FF12 is enjoyable especially the cutscenes. The ending is BEAUTIFUL! I don't like the gambit system though. Add Berserk+Bravery+Haste to your gambits and you have an ultimate tank. I haven't tried FF13 and so on, and not sure when I will. Who knows, maybe i'll pick up Lightning Returns and see how the game is.