VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Klonoa - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 08:22 PM)Lightmatt Wrote:
(08-11-2013, 07:59 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Is Duck Tails: Remastered out yet? I kinda want to play it. Well if not, I can still replay the NES version for a wile. Speaking of, there is an interview over on The Escapist where they talk to CAPCOM employee about the game.

Wait.... CAPCOM? Well crap. I guess I won't be buying it willingly after all.

Yeah Capcom made that game. Disney didn't start developing their own games till 1995.

They also made the SNES Aladdin game. Disney typically hired rather good companies back in the day (Virgin Games, Shiny Entertainment, Capcom) to make their games.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 08:48 PM)Klonoa Wrote:
(08-11-2013, 07:59 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Is Duck Tails: Remastered out yet? I kinda want to play it. Well if not, I can still replay the NES version for a wile. Speaking of, there is an interview over on The Escapist where they talk to CAPCOM employee about the game.

Yeah Capcom made that game. Disney didn't start developing their own games till 1995.

They also made the SNES Aladdin game. Disney typically hired rather good companies back in the day (Virgin Games, Shiny Entertainment, Capcom) to make their games.

I knew they used to do the old NES and a few SNES games (and I think Genesis games), but I did not know they were making the remake as well. And I was really looking forward to buying the game too. Well have fun with the game guys. Maybe I can watch it when someone streams it.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - cingchris - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 08:54 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(08-11-2013, 08:48 PM)Klonoa Wrote:

I knew they used to do the old NES and a few SNES games (and I think Genesis games), but I did not know they were making the remake as well. And I was really looking forward to buying the game too. Well have fun with the game guys. Maybe I can watch it when someone streams it.

And may I ask what's wrong with Capcom?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 09:12 PM)cingchris Wrote: And may I ask what's wrong with Capcom?

May I ask what they have done RIGHT resontly? Mega Man Legends 3 was canceled. Made Mega Man as a whole into a running joke. On disc DLC. Slowing down DMC (though that one may be a rumor). To add insult to injury, we got this tweet:
[Image: large.jpg]
"You Ass holes are to blame for our mistakes. Now buy our stuff like we know you are going to." Why would you want to buy CAPCOM games if they are going to blame you for canceling a game when the ONE MILLION fans never got the demo we were promised.

The only thing I can think of that they did right in the past few years was letting Mega man be in Smash Bros.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Klonoa - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 09:27 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

May I ask what they have done RIGHT resontly? Mega Man Legends 3 was canceled. Made Mega Man as a whole into a running joke. On disc DLC. Slowing down DMC (though that one may be a rumor). To add insult to injury, we got this tweet:
"You Ass holes are to blame for our mistakes. Now buy our stuff like we know you are going to." Why would you want to buy CAPCOM games if they are going to blame you for canceling a game when the ONE MILLION fans never got the demo we were promised.

The only thing I can think of that they did right in the past few years was letting Mega man be in Smash Bros.

Admittedly, us Megaman fans have really been given the short end of the stick here.

The awful mobile game and the endless hordes of megaman merch without a single game in sight doesn't help at all.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - cingchris - 08-12-2013

Well besides them being a kinda shit company lately they still make good games, like how EA is the worst company ever, but I don't refuse to buy their games. Why, because they're good and fun to play, or most of them are anyway, definitely not all of them are good.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 12:22 AM)cingchris Wrote:

Well besides them being a kinda shit company lately they still make good games, like how EA is the worst company ever, but I don't refuse to buy their games. Why, because they're good and fun to play, or most of them are anyway, definitely not all of them are good.

I see where you are coming from and yeah, CAPCOM is better than EA because CAPCOM makes better games, but to me it's like saying the friend who kicks you in the shins each day is a lot better than the friend who makes you eat shit. EA releases uncompleted games, but that does not mean that CAPCOM can act like the fans don't count. We buy the games they make, and if we keep buying the games that "make us mad" or "changed unjustly" or what ever people are complaining about now, than they will make those games again and again. This is why I don't buy CAPCOM games, as it would be like telling the adults about your two friends and than saying "But they are my friend so it's OK." I would rather buy Nintendo games because I have never heard of a Mario game being canceled because millions of fans did not want it hard enough.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - cingchris - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 12:55 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 12:22 AM)cingchris Wrote:

I see where you are coming from and yeah, CAPCOM is better than EA because CAPCOM makes better games, but to me it's like saying the friend who kicks you in the shins each day is a lot better than the friend who makes you eat shit. EA releases uncompleted games, but that does not mean that CAPCOM can act like the fans don't count. We buy the games they make, and if we keep buying the games that "make us mad" or "changed unjustly" or what ever people are complaining about now, than they will make those games again and again. This is why I don't buy CAPCOM games, as it would be like telling the adults about your two friends and than saying "But they are my friend so it's OK." I would rather buy Nintendo games because I have never heard of a Mario game being canceled because millions of fans did not want it hard enough.

I see what you're getting at but I think you missed the point of my comparison, it wasn't about how EA is a worse company, although it is, I was saying that I still buy both of those companies' games even though they're shitty companies, because they still make good games, and to use your simile about the friends, it's like having that asshole friend that's still fun to hang out with, I'm pretty sure we all have at least one friend like that, I know I do.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 08-12-2013

^Hear hear. Personally I haven't been disappointed in Capcom games in ages and they are still my favorite gaming company out there, if only for their good titles. I also like the fact that they pretty much saved Remember Me from certain doom. That's one game I ain't gonna buy used, new and from a store it will be.

As for Megaman, at least they didn't cease & desist Megaman vs. Street Fighter but embraced it, in addition to letting Megaman be a part of Project X Zone and the upcoming SMB.

The only Capcom game that hasn't been top tier lately for me is Operation Raccoon City (even though I still liked it) and even that was made by another company, only published by Capcom.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - RyeoNox - 08-12-2013

If anyone is into hack n slash games like DMC, MGR or Bayonetta, you should definitely try Killer Is Dead.

[Image: KillerIsDead.jpg]

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 04:03 AM)RyeoNox Wrote: If anyone is into hack n slash games like DMC, MGR or Bayonetta, you should definitely try Killer Is Dead.

[Image: KillerIsDead.jpg]

My friend has a modded Xbox and we LOVE Suda51 games. Completed it last week and bloody freakin' hell is it amazing. I love the soundtrack, design and that SUDA 51 touch. Obviously going to be buying it though when it comes out. I have to own all SUDA51 games.

(08-12-2013, 08:04 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I have to own all SUDA51 games.

What did you think of Liberation Maiden?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 08:33 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 08:04 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I have to own all SUDA51 games.

What did you think of Liberation Maiden?

Pretty damn good. The President is a small girl who has a giant shooting mech....HOW COULD IT BE BAD!? I love you SUDA51!

I'm not too hot for the sequel they are planning on PS3. I mean, I would absolutely love a game like that on a console but I read that it's gonna be a visual novel type of game. Eugh...

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - RyeoNox - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 08:04 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: My friend has a modded Xbox and we LOVE Suda51 games. Completed it last week and bloody freakin' hell is it amazing. I love the soundtrack, design and that SUDA 51 touch. Obviously going to be buying it though when it comes out. I have to own all SUDA51 games.

I loved the cel-shaded art style and how fast paced the game is, even the reviving part was intense. But the story wasn't that interesting and the combat is wayyy to simple. This is not SUDA51 best game yet, but still it's an amazing hack n' slash game.