VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - A Zombie Riot - 08-26-2013

Read this... maybe you'll get the same reaction I did.

So, this (minecraft) server recently had a rollback (or whatever it's called)(it's basically a restore, where it restored to an earlier point), and it happened while I was playing the game. I come back, and I'm missing LOTS of stuff. All food, which can be replaced with a little more work. But what was really lost was a sponge (which is used to claim some land) and an ender chest.

Mod comes on. I ask if she would be able to give me those two things back... and her reply was "Well..."

I, go to the owner of the server, and his reply was "Sure thing"

Mods, on a survival server, are supposed to be helpful no matter what. This is the 2nd time where she pretty much denied to give me my things back. Whereas another mod, and the owner, did it without hesitation.

(08-21-2013, 05:40 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: [Image: agyN4bK_460sa_v1.gif]

Snake is awesome.

I shared this same exact thing a long time ago.

(08-26-2013, 11:25 AM)Zaliphone Wrote: I can see it too.

Of course you can, now. It wasn't like that earlier.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 08-26-2013

Here we go again...: http://newsone.com/2698638/marie-smothers-louisiana/

There's a lot more going on than just playing a violent video game. How about folks make sure their kids know the difference between reality and fiction, get them help for anger issues if they have them, teach them not to fiddle with guns and... STOP BUYING THEM M RATED GAMES!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 08-26-2013

What do you mean by "fiddle"?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 04:40 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Here we go again...: http://newsone.com/2698638/marie-smothers-louisiana/

There's a lot more going on than just playing a violent video game. How about folks make sure their kids know the difference between reality and fiction, get them help for anger issues if they have them, teach them not to fiddle with guns and... STOP BUYING THEM M RATED GAMES!

[Image: iyrRGbQ0oeVQO.gif]

You know, there are two things to be said about this.

1.don't give the M rated game to the 8 year old. "The video game, which sports a mature audiences rating, meaning that it should only be played by gamers who are 17 years of age or older." This is what the news artical says. It's not a kid's game.

2. "The child reportedly told investigators that he found the gun, which belonged to Smothers, and it accidentally discharged while he was playing with it." THIS HaS NOTHING TO DO WITH GTA. Kids play with things they find and it is the adults job to keep them away from kids. The kid did not play GTA and think, "You know, I'm going to kill Gradma with her gun."

Someone tell me that this came from FOX News, becuse I really want to believe that there is some smarts and comen sence in people.

Ah ( doing things, didn't read )

Its all about gun safety.

(08-26-2013, 05:40 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Ah ( doing things, didn't read )

Its all about gun safety.

STILL. You don't leave your gun down were kids can get it. I can't believe I have to spell this out for people. YOU. DO. NOT. LEAVE. YOUR. GUN. DOWN. Kids are dumb asses. They play with things. Blame it on gun safety. Blame it on GTA. It still comes down to bad partnering as you DO NOT LEAVE YOUR GUN DOWN WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS. What if the kid drank Bleach? Are you going to blame it on Manhunt? I have a head-ache now because of stupid people. TT.TT

I agree that it shouldn't have been in his reach but if the kid knew to avoid a trigger then this would've been avoided. (Oh, and thanks for calling me stupid)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - ThisGuyInTheSuit - 08-26-2013

(08-25-2013, 09:13 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: ~ SKIES OF ARCADIA ~

It's actully a Dreamcast game that was ported over to Gamecube. Never played it but it's on my To Do list.

[Image: tumblr_lu5h8wrtK91qdaa44.gif]

Just happened.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 08-26-2013

Dear Hexannidel

(08-26-2013, 06:43 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(08-26-2013, 05:52 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: STILL. You don't leave your gun down were kids can get it. I can't believe I have to spell this out for people. YOU. DO. NOT. LEAVE. YOUR. GUN. DOWN. Kids are dumb asses. They play with things. Blame it on gun safety. Blame it on GTA. It still comes down to bad partnering as you DO NOT LEAVE YOUR GUN DOWN WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS. What if the kid drank Bleach? Are you going to blame it on Manhunt? I have a head-ache now because of stupid people. TT.TT

I agree that it shouldn't have been in his reach but if the kid knew to avoid a trigger then this would've been avoided. (Oh, and thanks for calling me stupid)

What part did I call you stupid in? *Looks over post* OH. No, not you. The people who blame people having guns and let kids play M rated games are stupid.

You bring up a good point with the kid knowing how to use the gun. But isn't 8 a litlle young to teach a kid how to use one? Just my opinion.

(08-26-2013, 06:53 PM)ThisGuyInTheSuit Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 09:13 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: ~ SKIES OF ARCADIA ~

It's actully a Dreamcast game that was ported over to Gamecube. Never played it but it's on my To Do list.

[Image: tumblr_lu5h8wrtK91qdaa44.gif]

Just happened.

You're welcome.........I think

Young is good. You shouldn't be giving a kid a .357 or a .45 or anything like that. You have an adult with the kid and you teach them. Best round, because its cheaper and probably one of the lightest rounds, if not the lightest round, would be .22lr.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Berry - 08-26-2013

gamemaster1991 Wrote:What part did I call you stupid in? *Looks over post* OH. No, not you. The people who blame people having guns and let kids play M rated games are stupid.

You bring up a good point with the kid knowing how to use the gun. But isn't 8 a litlle young to teach a kid how to use one? Just my opinion.

I'm hate to be that guy.....wait i love being that guy.

Will first off,you technically did call Mr.Cow stupid since the post was more directed to him. Let see:

gamemaster1991 Wrote:STILL. You don't leave your gun down were kids can get it. I can't believe I have to spell this out for people. YOU. DO. NOT. LEAVE. YOUR. GUN. DOWN. Kids are dumb asses. They play with things. Blame it on gun safety. Blame it on GTA. It still comes down to bad partnering as you DO NOT LEAVE YOUR GUN DOWN WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS. What if the kid drank Bleach? Are you going to blame it on Manhunt? I have a head-ache now because of stupid people. TT.TT

You constantly use "YOU"(which by the way,is only directed to one person),if you meant "The people who blame people having guns and let kids play M rated games are stupid" you could have used a term that meant that group instead of saying "you" which gets people to have the wrong idea.

And you stated that Mr.Cow wasn't the one you were calling stupid AFTER you made a rant about Mr.Cow "It's about gun safety" post.

Most likely you didn't meant to call Mr.Cow stupid because you were pissed but anyone could've gotten the wrong idea.

Also Psyhcospacecow,I hope i can call you Mr.Cow.

(08-26-2013, 10:18 PM)Berry Wrote:
gamemaster1991 Wrote:What part did I call you stupid in? *Looks over post* OH. No, not you. The people who blame people having guns and let kids play M rated games are stupid.

I'm hate to be that guy.....wait i love being that guy.

Will first off,you technically did call Mr.Cow stupid since the post was more directed to him. Let see:

gamemaster1991 Wrote:STILL. You don't leave your gun down were kids can get it. I can't believe I have to spell this out for people. YOU. DO. NOT. LEAVE. YOUR. GUN. DOWN. Kids are dumb asses. They play with things. Blame it on gun safety. Blame it on GTA. It still comes down to bad partnering as you DO NOT LEAVE YOUR GUN DOWN WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS. What if the kid drank Bleach? Are you going to blame it on Manhunt? I have a head-ache now because of stupid people. TT.TT

You constantly use "YOU"(which by the way,is only directed to one person),if you meant "The people who blame people having guns and let kids play M rated games are stupid" you could have used a term that meant that group instead of saying "you" which gets people to have the wrong idea.

And you stated that Mr.Cow wasn't the one you were calling stupid AFTER you made a rant about Mr.Cow "It's about gun safety" post.

Most likely you didn't meant to call Mr.Cow stupid because you were pissed but anyone could've gotten the wrong idea.

Also Psyhcospacecow,I hope i can call you Mr.Cow.

I would like to start out saying that I thought he was talking about the "We need to get rid of guns to make us safe" debate, as that's what most people mean now a days when they say "gun safty."

Second, Objection!
[Image: th?id=H.4897621050919645&pid=1.7&w=248&h=174&c=7&rs=1] I was talking about people who have kids and are careless about thier guns. For as much as we know, your defendant does not have any kids, meaning that the "you" in "You don't leave your gun down were kids can get it" does not aplly to him.

Also, I call dibs on Edgeworth for this court hearing.[Image: 1-ani-edgeworth-bow.gif]

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - JiraiyaSennin - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 04:40 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Here we go again...: http://newsone.com/2698638/marie-smothers-louisiana/

First off, if a kid killed someone he/she probably would have done something similar whether he/she played the game or not. Second, I also played GTA: San Andres when I was 7-8 and I had no urge to kill anyone before or after.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-27-2013

Well this just happened.

"...some people were able to extract audio from the game - details of which were posted on forums."
"One user commenting on the Sony blog said: "Thanks a lot Sony for basically spoiling the ending of GTA5 before the game was even released."

Well maybe if you didn't extract the audio, spread it around and read the info in the first place you wouldn't know the ending, you monumental tit.