VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BomberJ - 03-24-2013

(03-24-2013, 12:33 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: Well, I sent back the Hitman HD Trilogy yesterday. I didn't like Blood Money at all. And out of those 3 games, I felt it was the worst one (besides story anyways).

You didn't like Blood Money!? Why? It's awesome! (I can't say anything about the other two 'cause I haven't played them)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - A Zombie Riot - 03-24-2013

Gameplay wasn't up to par to at least Contracts. If gameplay is boring, I'm bored by it already. That's a game killer for me.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Xannidel - 03-24-2013

I tried the Hitman series on Steam but the outdated controls were really annoying. I might check out the HD collection on the PS3 whenever I get the money. has anyone checked that out yet on either the PS3 or the 360 and if so how were the controls?

Well, I did play 'em on the 360 and I thought the controls were much better in contracts than in Silent Assassin. I never had a problem with the controls in BM either.

One thing though, the AI is atrocious in Silent Assassin. I had to pretty much give up any stealth in that game because the AI can see right through your disguise sometimes.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 03-24-2013

So because my mom is so awesome she presented me with a fully paid pre-order for Luigi's Mansion 2 on my birthday. I picked it up today and wasn't given a pre-order bonus like the dude who sold it to my mother said there would be. I was so excited to play it, but working at 5:30AM took its toll and I took a super long nap. At least I'm off tomorrow so I can play the heck out of it.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 03-24-2013

(03-24-2013, 08:08 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: So because my mom is so awesome she presented me with a fully paid pre-order for Luigi's Mansion 2 on my birthday. I picked it up today and wasn't given a pre-order bonus like the dude who sold it to my mother said there would be. I was so excited to play it, but working at 5:30AM took its toll and I took a super long nap. At least I'm off tomorrow so I can play the heck out of it.
Those are the best times. I get a new game tomorrow and then get to spend the entire day playing it. That's what I like about release dates in the U.K, they're on a Friday, so a new game comes out on a Friday you get Friday night and the entire weekend to play. Ah man I miss those days...wait no I don't because Bioshock Infinite is coming out. :D

(03-24-2013, 03:04 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: Well, I did play 'em on the 360 and I thought the controls were much better in contracts than in Silent Assassin. I never had a problem with the controls in BM either.

One thing though, the AI is atrocious in Silent Assassin. I had to pretty much give up any stealth in that game because the AI can see right through your disguise sometimes.

You seem to know a lot about the series. I played the Hitman games at but never had the chance to sit down and play them for myself. Is the HD collection worth getting and does it go from the beginning to the end of the series?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 03-24-2013

(03-24-2013, 02:53 PM)Xannidel Wrote: I tried the Hitman series on Steam but the outdated controls were really annoying. I might check out the HD collection on the PS3 whenever I get the money. has anyone checked that out yet on either the PS3 or the 360 and if so how were the controls?

Same here. I don't like the controls on PC and lack of controller support pisses me off. I might get the HD collection one day, but because I already own the games it'll be hard to convince myself that it will be worth it.

(03-24-2013, 08:13 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 08:08 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: So because my mom is so awesome she presented me with a fully paid pre-order for Luigi's Mansion 2 on my birthday. I picked it up today and wasn't given a pre-order bonus like the dude who sold it to my mother said there would be. I was so excited to play it, but working at 5:30AM took its toll and I took a super long nap. At least I'm off tomorrow so I can play the heck out of it.
Those are the best times. I get a new game tomorrow and then get to spend the entire day playing it. That's what I like about release dates in the U.K, they're on a Friday, so a new game comes out on a Friday you get Friday night and the entire weekend to play. Ah man I miss those days...wait no I don't because Bioshock Infinite is coming out. :D

(03-24-2013, 03:04 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: Well, I did play 'em on the 360 and I thought the controls were much better in contracts than in Silent Assassin. I never had a problem with the controls in BM either.

You seem to know a lot about the series. I played the Hitman games at but never had the chance to sit down and play them for myself. Is the HD collection worth getting and does it go from the beginning to the end of the series?

It doesn't have the first game, but it has Silent Assassin (#2), Contracts (#3) and Blood Money (#4). With Absolution, the most recent game, being the 5th in the franchise, and that's not in the HD collection, obviously.

I think so. They're fun games and they give you a nice challenge. I gave up on the challenge and just killed everyone, but still. The games were fun.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CzarDragon - 03-25-2013

I just got it today, but I was up really late last night cleaning and had to get up super early to get my damn Pikachu 3DS so I haven't gotten very far. If you ever wanna play ScareScraper/Thrill Tower mode let me know and I'll add you to my friends list.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 03-25-2013

I'm taking a break to make some food, but so far I've cleared the first two missions. I just don't like how Gad makes you return to his safe room right away; I want to explore an make sure I didn't miss anything! The only other thing that bugs me so far is pressing B to run. I've never liked that in any game; I much prefer it when how hard you're pressing on the control stick determines it.

It certainly isn't as creepy as the first game so far, but I'm having a lot of fun! Luigi shows so much personality and the tricks played on you throughout the mansion keep you on your toes. I can't say this for certain yet, but I'm really thinking this game was worth the wait!

(03-25-2013, 12:54 AM)CzarDragon Wrote: I just got it today, but I was up really late last night cleaning and had to get up super early to get my damn Pikachu 3DS so I haven't gotten very far. If you ever wanna play ScareScraper/Thrill Tower mode let me know and I'll add you to my friends list.

Nice! I'm glad you got one! I'd heard a lot of people grumbling since supposedly a lot of stores only got about three in and they were instantly snatched up.

That sounds like fun! I'm stupid, so I'll have to look up how to figure out what my friend code thingy is, and I'll get back to you! The thing is... As much as I like vidja games I kinda suck so you may not have a lot of fun playing with me -_-;

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - A Zombie Riot - 03-25-2013

Bioshock on Hard with no Vita Chambers. ALRIGHT, LET'S DO THIS LEEEEEEEROOOY, JEEEENNNKKKIIIINNNSSSS!!!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BomberJ - 03-25-2013

(03-25-2013, 01:05 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: Bioshock on Hard with no Vita Chambers. ALRIGHT, LET'S DO THIS LEEEEEEEROOOY, JEEEENNNKKKIIIINNNSSSS!!!

No Vita Chambers!? H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T... How are you even gonna face one single Big Daddy with that!?

(03-25-2013, 01:07 PM)BomberJ Wrote:
(03-25-2013, 01:05 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: Bioshock on Hard with no Vita Chambers. ALRIGHT, LET'S DO THIS LEEEEEEEROOOY, JEEEENNNKKKIIIINNNSSSS!!!

No Vita Chambers!? H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T... How are you even gonna face one single Big Daddy with that!?

It's an achievement. And I don't know, actually. lol

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 03-25-2013

(03-25-2013, 01:17 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote:
(03-25-2013, 01:07 PM)BomberJ Wrote:

It's an achievement. And I don't know, actually. lol

Incoming glitch?

Glitch? The only glitch was to get the option to "Disable Vita-Chambers" to actually pop up. It's crazy for what you have to do just to get that to work.

I just up to the point where you do fight the first big daddy. I don't think I'm actually at that point yet, I still think I have a few things to do. But honestly, so far the game isn't too hard on hard. Sure, I'm using more ammo than I would like, but yep. It's still fun.

I plan on going through this, and then Bioshock 2. And then hopefully sometime in the near future, I can get Infinite.