VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - CosmykTheDolfyn - 09-17-2013

Forget all this GTA V stuff. Let's go bowling instead.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 09-17-2013

i love the GTA stories with Vice city having the best storyline. This GTA only has 69 missions that shorter than GTA IV

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 09-17-2013

Just unlocked trevor in GTA V

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 09-18-2013

I have a question.
[Image: 150945_579620388720106_20884901_n.jpg]
Can you do this? I do not have the game and do not plan to get it so I want to see if they put it in the game.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 09-18-2013

I really want to play this old Japanese game for the PS1 called LSD, which is a game created from a dream log a guy put together for an extensive amount of time. All you do is wander around in these environments and look around, but it's just so interesting to see what you'll encounter next.

Even if I did know how to modify my PS2 the darn game is selling for over $100 on eBay right now. I guess the best I can do is youtube videos ;_;

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - The Antagonist - 09-19-2013

All youtube is playing GTA V. Everybody I'm subscribed is playing it. Well, I'll stop watching videos for a couple of weeks.

By the way, I have the game and it's awesome.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 09-19-2013

(09-19-2013, 05:27 AM)The Antagonist Wrote: All youtube is playing GTA V. Everybody I'm subscribed is playing it. Well, I'll stop watching videos for a couple of weeks.

Yeah. It's awesome. The reviews though....gaming journalism at it's finest. Incredibly overrated.
Looking forward to multiplayer though.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 09-19-2013

Farewell to one of the main actors of the gaming world.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24160150

R.I.P Hiroshi Yamauchi.
I wonder if Nintendo will do anything relating to it.

Also:

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 09-19-2013

(09-19-2013, 06:26 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(09-19-2013, 05:27 AM)The Antagonist Wrote: All youtube is playing GTA V. Everybody I'm subscribed is playing it. Well, I'll stop watching videos for a couple of weeks.

Yeah. It's awesome. The reviews though....gaming journalism at it's finest. Incredibly overrated.

I know what you mean. I know that GTA is a really big thing and "everybody loves it" but why perfect scores all around? You're telling me that there is nothing wrong with the game? No bad controls, weak characters, lose camera, or useless missions? Wow, we do have a perfect game. Sorry everyone, we can't have any more games, this is clearly the best we are ever going to get.
GTA always gets the best scores and I really don't know why. Have I played the games? no. Will I play them? maybe someday.

(09-19-2013, 10:06 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(09-19-2013, 06:26 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:

I know what you mean. I know that GTA is a really big thing and "everybody loves it" but why perfect scores all around? You're telling me that there is nothing wrong with the game? No bad controls, weak characters, lose camera, or useless missions? Wow, we do have a perfect game. Sorry everyone, we can't have any more games, this is clearly the best we are ever going to get.
GTA always gets the best scores and I really don't know why. Have I played the games? no. Will I play them? maybe someday.
Completely agree. GTA is in a no way a bad game and I mean that in the second definition. It's a game that's had years of production and it delivers. Whether people like or not is another topic, but it's not a rushed lazy game. It's good well made game, BUT...nah fuck.
Fuck IGN.
That's all. Gaming Journalist all being paid off to write positive reviews instead of focusing on the negatives. No I'm not joking either.

It's nearly insulting how obvious it is that IGN has been "paid off"(I can really say paid, but it's more of an under-the-table transaction):
(all you have to do is click on the link and quickly skim it to see the insane bullshit)
They had previews
Special interviews
Guides already up before the games release
Every single news about GTA has been reported on
The website is filled with their GTA V adverts
They advertised GTA V merchandise as the game launched.
This video:

Obvious PR advertising
[Image: ignea.gif?w=620]

That's professional gaming journalism these days. A massive circle jerk.
100/10/A+/5 etc
There's plenty of obvious problems with GTA V.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 09-19-2013

I'm 36.9% in the game completion stats for GTA V. I'm not lying yesterday at school everybody got dismissed early because strange chemicals in the area 5 firefighters came and school got cancelled for the rest of the week, The week GTA V comes out.

(09-19-2013, 02:28 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: I'm 36.9% in the game completion stats for GTA V. I'm not lying yesterday at school everybody got dismissed early because strange chemicals in the area 5 firefighters came and school got cancelled for the rest of the week, The week GTA V comes out.

Haha nice. Except for the chemical leak.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 09-19-2013

(09-19-2013, 02:22 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Completely agree. GTA is in a no way a bad game and I mean that in the second definition. It's a game that's had years of production and it delivers. Whether people like or not is another topic, but it's not a rushed lazy game. It's good well made game, BUT...nah fuck.
Fuck IGN.
That's all. Gaming Journalist all being paid off to write positive reviews instead of focusing on the negatives. No I'm not joking either.

It's nearly insulting how obvious it is that IGN has been "paid off"(I can really say paid, but it's more of an under-the-table transaction)

That's professional gaming journalism these days. A massive circle jerk.
100/10/A+/5 etc
There's plenty of obvious problems with GTA V.

I really don't like how people call things "prefect" in the first place. Super Metriod has telling you where to go on your first playthugh. Portal is way to short and Portal 2 is not as inspired as the original. Mario 64 is outdated in most ways. These are not things you should say about "Perfect" games. Even my favrite games (Sly Cooper, Okage, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Shadow the Fucking Hedgehog) have things I can say I don't like, which makes them imperfect, yet they are fun to play. If it was up to me, I would give as high as a 9.5/10 to a good game.

(09-19-2013, 02:28 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: I'm 36.9% in the game completion stats for GTA V. I'm not lying yesterday at school everybody got dismissed early because strange chemicals in the area 5 firefighters came and school got cancelled for the rest of the week, The week GTA V comes out.

[Image: tumblr_mhkt21VT6O1s51zjyo1_400.gif]

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 09-19-2013

[Image: tumblr_mhkt21VT6O1s51zjyo1_400.gif]

Something like this has happened before for me, The day Playstation All stars came out i pre-ordered it and than i headed to school when i arrived i was told by teachers to go back home because of powerout and they were not sure if it was coming back on any time sooner.