VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 10-08-2013

Just saying The first legend of zelda is 150 points at club nintendo for 3DS

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 10-08-2013

Rayman Legends is now $39.99 on Amazon. I only paid $20.31 since I had a cash back bonus on my credit card, so I'm super happy.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 10-08-2013

The Wolf Among Us looks pretty cool. But if anything, I learned my lesson with the Walking Dead, just wait to buy it. By the time a physical version comes out or a sale happens, all the bugs will be fixed. Hopefully.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 10-08-2013

There's not many things more satisfying in gaming than hearing the silhouetted guy in X-Com Enemy Unknown call you "Commander".

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 10-09-2013

I just accidentally bought Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate for the 3DS.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 10-09-2013

(10-09-2013, 12:50 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I just accidentally bought Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate for the 3DS.

Looking forward to that coining out on Xbox and PS3 soon. :)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Lazlo Falconi - 10-09-2013

So guys... Should I pay my rent this month or buy Pokemon?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 10-09-2013

Can you catch pokemans by paying your rent?

(10-09-2013, 09:20 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 12:50 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I just accidentally bought Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate for the 3DS.

Looking forward to that coining out on Xbox and PS3 soon. :)

I was waiting for that at first, then I saw this one. I didn't mean to buy it but I accidentally clicked on the "send order" button, only to realize seconds after that I could've waited. Oh well.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - MexicanAnime - 10-09-2013

(10-09-2013, 11:06 AM)Lazlo Falconi Wrote: So guys... Should I pay my rent this month or buy Pokemon?

Buy Pokemon, catch Pokemon, and sell them to the black/white market to pay for rent.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 10-09-2013

(10-09-2013, 11:06 AM)Lazlo Falconi Wrote: So guys... Should I pay my rent this month or buy Pokemon?

Rent, you got to save up so when you go all out, you can afford their super computer box.

Go to town.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 10-10-2013

I really want Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, but I'd rather they patched in the fixed boss battles to the normal game itself. At least there will also be a developer's commentary and other things to make it slightly less of a rip-off.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Arjahn - 10-10-2013

I can't bring myself to play GTA V and review it for the skoo paper, it's just so damn bland. I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything, I just never really liked open world games in general aside from Saints Row and Red Dead Redemption because of Atari-tanks and cowboy badassery respectively. GTA is just walking around and doing stuff to me. Nothing stands out, it has a ton of gameplay elements but it never focuses on any of them and the game feels mediocre as a result.

Iunno, I'm going to mess around in Online (if I can get it working) with a buddy and maybe that'll brighten my spirits, that and the fact that we're both going to go pick up X and Y as soon as it releases on Saturday and proceed to play that for the next 127 hours straight.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 10-11-2013

(10-10-2013, 08:43 PM)Arjahn Wrote: I can't bring myself to play GTA V and review it for the skoo paper, it's just so damn bland. I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything, I just never really liked open world games in general aside from Saints Row and Red Dead Redemption because of Atari-tanks and cowboy badassery respectively. GTA is just walking around and doing stuff to me. Nothing stands out, it has a ton of gameplay elements but it never focuses on any of them and the game feels mediocre as a result.

Iunno, I'm going to mess around in Online (if I can get it working) with a buddy and maybe that'll brighten my spirits, that and the fact that we're both going to go pick up X and Y as soon as it releases on Saturday and proceed to play that for the next 127 hours straight.

In all honesty, it's the story that's the games strength. I could easily watch GTA V as a high quality TV show alongside Breaking Bad/Dexter(before season 4)/Game of Thrones etc and be satisfied.
Fair enough the gameplay isn't special and in all honesty, is quite bland, but the story, dialogue and well written characters(especially Trevor) really push the game forward.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - MexicanAnime - 10-11-2013

Well I'll be damned.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/11/wii-u-uk-sales-rise-685-with-zelda-launch/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - JiraiyaSennin - 10-11-2013

(10-11-2013, 10:28 AM)MexicanAnime Wrote: Well I'll be damned.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/11/wii-u-uk-sales-rise-685-with-zelda-launch/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Awww yiss, my favorite game did it.