VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 10-16-2013

(10-16-2013, 04:41 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(10-16-2013, 04:28 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote: Also, if your going to try to platinum that game... Good luck.

Meh, I've given up on trying to get platinum trophies in anything. Most games require you to get like half of them online and I'm not really into online multiplayer.

Thats good, cause this game can make you rage quit tryin' to get some of those trophies.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 10-16-2013

I've been replaying Fallout New Vegas doing melee only and cazadores are even worse because I can't just hide far away and shoot them into a pulp, I have to get close and get poisoned and run around waiting for it to go away because I forgot to get antivenom.

Moral of the story: Death to cazadores!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 10-16-2013

(10-16-2013, 05:46 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I've been replaying Fallout New Vegas doing melee only and cazadores are even worse because I can't just hide far away and shoot them into a pulp, I have to get close and get poisoned and run around waiting for it to go away because I forgot to get antivenom.

Moral of the story: Death to cazadores!

If you're anti-legion, you can use their throwing spears.

http://www.fullscreenmario.com/

I was informed of a good time waster.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 10-16-2013

I don't really record my games but if someone can find a verifier, when you walk into the green room at the beginning of Dead Rising 2 Off The Record, Frank says "Who would leave their kid in here?".
This is a joke off of the original Dead Rising 2, where John Green has his daughter in this room when he performs.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - PixelXenoKing - 10-17-2013

(10-16-2013, 09:42 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I don't really record my games but if someone can find a verifier, when you walk into the green room at the beginning of Dead Rising 2 Off The Record, Frank says "Who would leave their kid in here?".
This is a joke off of the original Dead Rising 2, where John Green has his daughter in this room when he performs.

I was playing Left 4 dead 2 with my little brother the passing levels and in the safehouses they usually put written messages by survivors and one was written from Frank west

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Hexadecimal - 10-17-2013

The Best Friends are talking about Pokemon X and Y on the Friendcast. ...It actually does sound pretty cool. Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas when my mom bugs me about what I want.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 10-18-2013

Holy shit Psycho, way to go right past me in trivia :D

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 10-18-2013

I just beat my first game of Civ5. I did so by completing the Apollo program. I was super worried that India was going to beat me because they almost had a cultural victory.

I'm honestly impressed with the game.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - ThisGuyInTheSuit - 10-18-2013

(10-18-2013, 03:04 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: I just beat my first game of Civ5. I did so by completing the Apollo program. I was super worried that India was going to beat me because they almost had a cultural victory.

I'm honestly impressed with the game.

I wish I had a computer that would run Civ 5... I've heard nothing but good from it.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 10-18-2013

(10-18-2013, 02:39 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Holy shit Psycho, way to go right past me in trivia :D

Did I? How do I check?

Found it, I guess I did.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 10-20-2013

On the topic of game prices (from the Material Items thread), I've wanted a copy of Guardian Legend for the NES for quite some time. The funny thing is, it costs around 40 bucks loose. LOOSE, goddamnit! You can get one with reproduction covers for a little more but even those lack the manual. Same goes for just the game with the box. The only CiB I found was 55€ ($75.27) and, get this, one seller is asking 135€ for a CiB copy with rental covers.

The worst part is, the game isn't even rare. Still, every seller has pretty much the same price for it. It's like some terrible monopoly of old games.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 10-20-2013

Sounds like new Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. When a card called DracoSack came out, it was worth 150 dollar, one individual card, and only in the tcg. You could import it from Japan for 20 bucks but the one you could use in the tcg, 150.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 10-20-2013

(10-20-2013, 01:53 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: On the topic of game prices (from the Material Items thread), I've wanted a copy of Guardian Legend for the NES for quite some time. The funny thing is, it costs around 40 bucks loose. LOOSE, goddamnit! You can get one with reproduction covers for a little more but even those lack the manual. Same goes for just the game with the box. The only CiB I found was 55€ ($75.27) and, get this, one seller is asking 135€ for a CiB copy with rental covers.

The worst part is, the game isn't even rare. Still, every seller has pretty much the same price for it. It's like some terrible monopoly of old games.

Although America does not have the same inflation problem that you do, I can understand your problem. I'm still waiting to find a cheep price for Rocket: Robot on Wheel and a (working) copy of Mister Mosquito. Both are $10-$15 here, but I can barely find it that price without shipping. I can't find them at Flea markets or Pawn shops, which bugs me because they are not rare by any means. The one copy of Mister Mosquito I have is broke, which bugs me even more (no pun intended).

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 10-20-2013

Oh, how wonderful it is to find something as cheap as 15 bucks...

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 10-20-2013

It's sounds like I'm bragging that I can get these games for that cheep but (like I've said before) I live on a student's budget, with no job and I still have to buy gifts for people this Christmas. If it comes down to buying Rocket for $15-$20 and eating for the next week, I choose food. So I need to look for cheep games to continue my collection. Hell, I'd be willing to trade for one of my top five most wanted games.