VGFacts
The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Land of the Locked (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: General Poop (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* (/thread-23.html)

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Combat Lobster - 11-03-2013

(11-02-2013, 06:44 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

Apparently this is sparking...something with the folks who do Silent Hill LPs and the movie riff on Rifftrax, so this video might have inspired a new Youtube reacts based on the comments or a info-dump video, I'm not sure at this point:

It starts at "...so DYKG made a video about silent hill. incoming twin perfect fans nitpicking about the "gray child""

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 11-03-2013

I started playing the Last of Us on Survivor difficulty and it's really hard, but I need that damn purple plaid shirt for Joel!

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - retrolinkx - 11-03-2013

An interesting tech demo of Ironfall for the 3DS.

Blows REvelations out of the water for best looking 3DS game, looks like a low res Gears of War.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 11-03-2013

Wow, that looks really good for a 3DS game. It seems crazy that the 3DS can handle that. I'm amazed that they wrote it all in assembly.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - frankfrost2 - 11-03-2013

(11-03-2013, 09:28 AM)Zaliphone Wrote: I started playing the Last of Us on Survivor difficulty and it's really hard, but I need that damn purple plaid shirt for Joel!

Yeah... Im on winter... And it took me a while to get past summer and fall because I was losing ammo whenever I was fighting guys with guns :/

Infected are pretty easy though.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Arjahn - 11-03-2013

I've been getting back into Monster Hunter lately, and I've been trying to find one god damn Wyvern Stone all week, which very rarely drops after a few hunts, in order to craft my beautiful Durambos chest piece. This is all after I was almost done with my Brachydios armor and fought him fifty plus times to get another rare drop to no avail, and tonight I ended up getting two from one quest.

:D

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - JiraiyaSennin - 11-04-2013

So Nintendo did something. News story here.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - BumblebeeCody - 11-04-2013

(11-04-2013, 12:12 AM)JiraiyaSannin Wrote: So Nintendo did something. News story here.

Everyone thinks Nintendo is hardcore and that they can be rebels like Microsoft/Sony by making mature content.

Nintendo make mature content, it becomes a fucking news story. So what?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Zaliphone - 11-04-2013

In an attempt to help myself learn French, I have changed the language of some Steam games I have to French. I might even try something like Fallout New Vegas in French some day.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - gamemaster1991 - 11-04-2013

(11-04-2013, 05:56 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: In an attempt to help myself learn French, I have changed the language of some Steam games I have to French. I might even try something like Fallout New Vegas in French some day.

Bonne chance avec ça. Vous allez en avoir besoin.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Arjahn - 11-04-2013

(11-04-2013, 06:13 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 05:56 PM)Zaliphone Wrote: In an attempt to help myself learn French, I have changed the language of some Steam games I have to French. I might even try something like Fallout New Vegas in French some day.

Bonne chance avec ça. Vous allez en avoir besoin.

Sorry ma'm, where's the leak?

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Mass Distraction - 11-05-2013

(10-31-2013, 04:09 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(10-31-2013, 12:13 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Did you fix just a red blinking light or the actual YLOD? I might find this useful if it actually makes my PS3 work for enough time for me to grab my saves out of it.

Well, it worked for a while, but it's not permanent. I had the YLOD again.

I think it's just useful for getting saves off.

Perfect. Just what I need. I don't really feel like paying another hundred euros for just getting my saves out.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-05-2013

I try to play as many games as I can in Italian or German to keep them up. Never imagined it would be so useful - the vocab used in games is so much more useful that the robotic stuff you learn at school. You learn real-life phrases that will help you abroad rather than "my uncle is a carpenter and has a dog called 'woof'."

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - Psychospacecow - 11-05-2013

(11-05-2013, 09:33 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:

I try to play as many games as I can in Italian or German to keep them up. Never imagined it would be so useful - the vocab used in games is so much more useful that the robotic stuff you learn at school. You learn real-life phrases that will help you abroad rather than "my uncle is a carpenter and has a dog called 'woof'."

Really? I might have to try this out. I would normally listen to things like E Nomine but that has proven insufficient of late. Its partially because we've been focusing on German history so a lot of words I have never heard are suddenly needed to be understood but this in German games thing might be worth a shot. Of course, I guess I need to find out what games I have have other language settings.

RE: The Free Thread *Gaming Related* - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-05-2013

(11-05-2013, 10:07 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(11-05-2013, 09:33 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:

Really? I might have to try this out. I would normally listen to things like E Nomine but that has proven insufficient of late. Its partially because we've been focusing on German history so a lot of words I have never heard are suddenly needed to be understood but this in German games thing might be worth a shot. Of course, I guess I need to find out what games I have have other language settings.

You totally should, and have the subtitles there as well so that you can read what's being said. Funnest way to learn and keep up a language.