VGFacts
Nintendo Direct - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Nintendo Direct (/thread-2321.html)

Pages: 1 2

Nintendo Direct - RepentantSky - 01-14-2015

So much awesome in this one. Majora's Mask is getting the release date that was predicted, the New 3DS coming out, a new Fire Emblem game announced, there is so much to look forward to and some of it is really close to happening. I'm just ecstatic right now. Too much win.

So, while I gather my thoughts here and try to make some sense, I wonder what everyone is most looking forward to. Obviously Zelda is high on the list but what else can you not wait for? On the flip side, did you care about any of it? Let's talk about that. 

RE: Nintendo Direct - CLXcool - 01-14-2015

I never thought I'd live the day to see Tingle as a playable character. Pretty cool that they got young link back as well for DLC.

RE: Nintendo Direct - gamemaster1991 - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 11:47 AM)CLXcool Wrote: I never thought I'd live the day to see Tingle as a playable character. Pretty cool that they got young link back as well for DLC.

Yes becuse we never had a game where you played Tingle.

On a more serious note, I had joked with a friend that Nintendo could not sell a game where you play as Tingle in North America, and then this happens. Well played Nintendo.

Also, how much MM related things do you think is going to be relesed. Seems like the right time to do it.

RE: Nintendo Direct - CLXcool - 01-14-2015

They released a trailer for the 3DS Majora's Mask game.

RE: Nintendo Direct - JiraiyaSennin - 01-14-2015

They may as well have just made this a New 3DS Direct. Yes they showed some important Wii U stuff, but I would say 75% of it was 3DS stuff, which is great if you plan on owning the New 3DS or have a current 3DS. I feel like Nintendo just hasn't put as much emphasis on the Wii U as they should be, they just sort of briefly mention something new about the Wii U and go on to the next subject. 

That being said I'm very excited for the Wii VC type thing they're doing, because I think it's a precursor to having Gamecube VC which is something I've wanted since the release of the Wii U, I also really like the new amiibos they are making that are specific to each series.

RE: Nintendo Direct - BumblebeeCody - 01-14-2015

That was pretty awesome.

Also...AMIIBOOOOS!

RE: Nintendo Direct - Psychospacecow - 01-14-2015

Fire Emblem hype so hard red units wanna flank me.

RE: Nintendo Direct - retrolinkx - 01-14-2015

The direct was alright I guess. A new Fire Emblem is pretty cool. We still need a new Advance Wars though. It's been what, 6 years since the last one? I wouldn't care if it went back to it's roots or stayed in this dystopia world like Days of Ruin.

As for Majoras Mask. I stayed off playing the Original. Mainly due to the fact that I never had it as a kid, and when I had access to it through the GC collection I played till I got to an observatory or something and just didn't play after that since my GC loved to turn itself off half way through and so I didn't go back to playing it and assumed some sort of remake would occur (this was in 2009 by the way) and this was pretty much confirmed by OOT in 2011 so lo and behold I was right.

As for the New 3DS. I want that too but for some reason the MM 3DS doesn't come with the game, regardless it's apparently cheap (£150 for both) and so with MM it'll be like £180 or so. That's not bad at all.

I was a indifferent about Splatoon when I saw it at E3. I assumed I'd buy it, play for about 20 minutes and then never play it again but now I'm actually interested in the game. If the multiplayer is decent (I played a 4v4 at Eurogamer, it was alright but it was only one match) I could play it tons.

Man, out of all the things that made me happy about this direct the one thing that saddened me is that Naganuma (The guy behind the Jet Set Radio soundtracks) really wants to make the music for Splatoon but they just don't let him.

If he toned down the radness of the music but still kept the intensity it would be pretty cool to listen to it while I ink some fools.

RE: Nintendo Direct - Zaliphone - 01-14-2015

I wish the regular New 3DS was coming to North America, but whatever, I'm fine with the XL. I'll probably get the Monster Hunter version because I'm so bored of having black DSs. The Fire Emblem looks really cool. I have no opinion on Majora's Mask, I probably won't get it, I'm not a huge Zelda dude when it actually comes to playing the games.

RE: Nintendo Direct - RepentantSky - 01-15-2015

I'm finally clam enough to talk about things logically. A good nap does that for you I guess. Anyways, what I really enjoyed, was Fire Emblem and the way the Fire Emblem Amiibo will work with Code Name Steam. I wasn't planning on getting that game until I saw that, but I kinda wanted the XL for the New 3DS for the easy to use Amiibo, and being able to play as Fire Emblem characters guaranteed my interest. I'm all about that tactical element in games.

I'm surprised but I actually want IronFall as well. It's not often I get into indie shooters but this one looks like a handheld Gears of War which was one of my favorite games last generation. That Puzzle and Dragons looks pretty fun as well.

Everything else I want will require a Wii U but I don't know when I'll be able to get that. It's too bad to, because I was really looking forward to it and I just can't get three system at once. No matter how much I want that Wii U, the PS4 comes first. All in all though, this was a really good Direct. At least I think so. There's a lot to look forward to now.

RE: Nintendo Direct - Melcadrien - 01-15-2015

A Very nice assortment of games. I am happy Citizens of Earth is coming to the Wii U. Seriously, fun game and times to be had in that game.

The new Fire Emblem looks nice but no new trailer for SMTxFE is kinda disappointing. I had imagined that after about 2 years of its announcement that there would be a new trailer or at least some game play before the newest Fire Emblem.

RE: Nintendo Direct - Beware of Cuccos - 01-15-2015

Does anyone have a link to Direct? I had to work. Or if you can post the video form it and I could watch it from here that would be cool too.

RE: Nintendo Direct - JiraiyaSennin - 01-15-2015

Here you go Cuccos!

RE: Nintendo Direct - Berry - 01-15-2015

I'm mixed with emotions. I was really excited for the New 3DS because I prefer my screen compressed and that SNES button color layout got me hooked. Now only the New 3DS XL will be released and I'm not as excited as I was. The 3DS game lineup were impressive as I knew they were going to be. Other than that, the Direct was alright. But they tried way too hard to hype MM3D (the whole 360 degrees C-Stick brag).

RE: Nintendo Direct - Psychospacecow - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 03:05 AM)Melcadrien Wrote: A Very nice assortment of games.  I am happy Citizens of Earth is coming to the Wii U.  Seriously, fun game and times to be had in that game.

The new Fire Emblem looks nice but no new trailer for SMTxFE is kinda disappointing.  I had imagined that after about 2 years of its announcement that there would be a new trailer or at least some game play before the newest Fire Emblem.

That's just how Atlas rolls.