VGFacts
Weekly Question (Week 11) - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Weekly Question (Week 11) (/thread-2326.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Weekly Question (Week 6) - Beware of Cuccos - 03-13-2015

There's nothing wrong with liking all of them equally. It's just a fun question. You don't have to answer the poll itself every single week. I enjoy learning about what people enjoy, and why they enjoy it. Nintendo for nostalgia. PC for gameplay. Playstation for selection. Whatever they like. It's all fun and games.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 6) - CLXcool - 03-13-2015

It seems Nintendo wins the round here by the looks of the votes.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 6) - Arjahn - 03-16-2015

I know and I wasn't trying to make a super-serious post with my last one, I've just seen the question "wHich console is bnmestest?/" asked on message boards since I was eleven and it always rubs me the wrong way.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 6) - gamemaster1991 - 03-16-2015

(03-16-2015, 01:56 PM)Arjahn Wrote: I know and I wasn't trying to make a super-serious post with my last one, I've just seen the question "wHich console is bnmestest?/" asked on message boards since I was eleven and it always rubs me the wrong way.

I agree. The question is pretty stupid. I don't get why we have to argue about which is best when they all have pros and cons.

Exept for the PS2, the bestest vigia game system EVAR.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 6) - Beware of Cuccos - 03-18-2015

No one here has argued. It's all been a nice discussion. And it wasn't "Which is the BEST" it was "Which is YOUR FAVORITE".

Week 7 answer-

I create a slightly different version of myself. I still like my characters to have brightly colored hair, tattoos, big boobs, and my style, but I tend to make them a little skinnier than myself. And I also get my type of clothes and accessories, but nicer than what I could afford in real life. I'll also give them more tattoos if I can, because I want more in real life but don't have the money.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 7) - gamemaster1991 - 03-18-2015

I go two ways when making a custom character. I make one that is myself so that I can see myself do things. I also make a female version of myself (or as close to one as I want to make it). That's the joys of being a cross player.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 7) - JiraiyaSennin - 03-18-2015

My choice was completely off the wall, because I usually make characters with physical attributes that I think look cool, but I will occasionally make a character that looks like me.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 7) - CosmykTheDolfyn - 03-18-2015

I want a wacky thing a ma jig to be my character.
Sometimes I make myself.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 7) - Berry - 03-18-2015

Make it as close to me.But I also like to put in attributes that relates to the game itself as I like to consider them as alternate universe versions of me.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 7) - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 03-18-2015

None of the above, this time around. I just do what tickles my fancy at the point when I'm creating.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 7) - RepentantSky - 03-18-2015

A poll I cannot answer because I make my custom characters either based off of other game characters or off of characters I have made for stories I've been in the process of writing. 

RE: Weekly Question (Week 7) - Mass Distraction - 03-18-2015

I create myself, or at least as close as the game lets me. It's always annoying when a game doesn't give me the proper hairstyle or something. It's always funny going back to older games and seeing how I kinda looked like back then :D If the game's limited in options (like, say, DayZ) I at least try to match the skin color and clothing style, or in the very least try to incorporate my favorite colors.

On a related note, people have told me that my GTA Online character looks exactly like me.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 7) - Psychospacecow - 03-18-2015

The characters I create vary by game. In WoW, and Skyrim, I like short characters and ones I don't mind staring at the hind quarters of for hours on end.

In Fallout games, I usually don't focus as much on such things because I'm gonna end up in some sort of full clad armor anyway.

In Xenoverse, my first character was a recreation of Crono from Chrono Trigger because of artistic and thematic similarities.

In X-Com, I color coordinate people based off of their class for utility reasons.

In Soul Calibur, I like to make people that fit the class they're in and mediocre attempts at humor.

I also like to make out of place, "fabulous" characters because they're hilarious.

RE: Weekly Question (Week 7) - Takahashi2212 - 03-18-2015

Rembrandt Jones always gets his guy.

(really though it depends on the game. I identify as my character, not WITH my character, so what they look like doesn't really matter.)

RE: Weekly Question (Week 7) - Kakariko Kid - 03-18-2015

From another thread Repentant Sky started
(11-05-2014, 06:33 AM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: another feature of creativity I like is create-a-character. You better believe that when I'm playing a WWE game, my brother and I are a tag team. When I'm playing American football, usual collegiate, I'll create a team just so they can wear awesome uniforms and I'll be playing. Or I'll find a way to play for the University of Tennessee. NBA? I'll create a nightmare for the 1992 Olympic "Dream Team" (but, I did find out my favorite team on NBA 2K14 is the Olymiacos Piraeus B.C.).

I pick features of myself that I like, I suppose. I usually pick the body-type I had when I weighed less, muscles and skin were more toned, I had something of a six-pack, etc. All things I desire to have again, but I'd have to post in the vent thread (but, I won't go there. Ultimately, I blame myself).
The only thing that pisses me off about create-a-character is whenever I go with a beard or a chin strap or pencil line or whatever, the hair usually never connects in front of the ear. I end up going with a goatee, then. Maybe I'll gap that space with my razor or trimmers so I'll look like my created character. Ugh.