VGFacts
How long does it take for trivia to be accepted/declined? - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Main (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Trivia Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: How long does it take for trivia to be accepted/declined? (/thread-2865.html)

How long does it take for trivia to be accepted/declined? - MaronaPossessed - 12-06-2015

I have two pieces of trivia that was submitted in late november, and still no response whether it was accepted or not.

So...does it usually take a while?

RE: How long does it take for trivia to be accepted/declined? - Psychospacecow - 12-06-2015

This question crops up every now and again, which is understandable. The unfortunate matter of things is that there simply aren't enough people willing, ready and able to look through the trivia submissions. At any given time, there's usually at least 500 submissions in the queue and the average number of people actually going through said submissions and fact checking them is one or two people. It can be frustrating at times, but at the current time, there is not much that can be done about this. Just personally, I have 14 submissions dating back to August, all from Blizzard properties, so if they are accepted, they will spaced out over a longer period of time as to prevent large bursts of any given subject.

RE: How long does it take for trivia to be accepted/declined? - mattwo - 12-10-2015

It usually takes mine around a month but most of the trivia I've posted is for more obscure and niche stuff.

RE: How long does it take for trivia to be accepted/declined? - Jamey Burky - 01-07-2016

(12-06-2015, 08:06 PM)MaronaPossessed Wrote: I have two pieces of trivia that was submitted in late november, and still no response whether it was accepted or not.

So...does it usually take a while?

I feel that. I ended up deleting it because I wasn't sure how credible the source was, but I had a piece of trivia that I deleted today (1/7/16) that I had submitted on July 27th of 2015. It just happens I guess

RE: How long does it take for trivia to be accepted/declined? - Mass Distraction - 01-07-2016

(12-06-2015, 08:41 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: they will spaced out over a longer period of time as to prevent large bursts of any given subject.

Not necessarily. There was a large amount of Star Wars based trivia on the front page a while back. Yes, there was the movie, but still, it was a large amount of trivia on one subject.

RE: How long does it take for trivia to be accepted/declined? - Psychospacecow - 01-07-2016

True. Never an absolute in these things.

RE: How long does it take for trivia to be accepted/declined? - MeleeWaluigi - 01-08-2016

It takes months to be accepted. However for it to be rejected it takes months or a few days depending of why it's rejected.

RE: How long does it take for trivia to be accepted/declined? - Mass Distraction - 01-08-2016

hah :D I once had a trivia rejected after having it uploaded for ages because the videos I used as evidence had been deleted by the time it was checked. No biggie though, I know the information I had was correct so I just reuploaded it with new videos. Point is, should probably check your pending trivia every once in a while to see if the information still exists so it doesn't drop back to the bottom of the list.

RE: How long does it take for trivia to be accepted/declined? - Patient Zero - 01-12-2016

Because of the nature of how the submission system works it can be unpredictable just how long it takes for a submission to be dealt with, there's a massive backlog to be worked through and unfortunately that does mean some trivia currently ends up sitting in the list for a very long time.

In particular more complicated trivia, or trivia involving a new game or developer entry, is often left longer in favour of accepting or rejecting submissions that are faster to deal with.
The issue is also more of a problem at certain times of the year, for example, over Christmas and New Years there was a predictable wave of submissions at a time when everyone was busy or taking time off.

Personally when I go through the submission list I try to keep things as balanced as possible, I'll usually look through the oldest submissions first, scan through the middle of the list, and then go to the most recent to get through as many simple entries as I can find, that helps to prevent easily accepted or rejected trivia sitting in the list for a long time.
If you have submitted trivia that's been in the list for an excessively long time, as one of the people dealing with entries I fully apologize, and I assure you there's no way for your submission to simply be forgotten or overlooked, it's still in the list.

We're well aware that the amount of time it's taken to deal with some of the oldest submissions is unreasonable, and steps are being taken to try to make things better for everyone.

We're working on it guys, it'll get better.