VGFacts
Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! (/thread-340.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - ThePlainGamer - 04-04-2013

Hello, this is the N64 thread. This is where you post anything N64 related weather it be games, hardware, attachments, memories, or anything else you can think of. Also if anyone thinks that this shouldn't exist feel free to ask me to delete it or just do it yourself if you can, *looks at moderators*, so yeah I guess I'll start:

Right now I'm playing Zelda OoT, well more of speed running it, It's just "practice" but so far I am right before I wrong warp to Ganon's death and I am 14 minutes in. That's pretty good for me at least. And yes, I had to loo up all of the glitches.

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - Hipserious - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 10:00 PM)ThePlainGamer Wrote: Hello, this is the N64 thread. This is where you post anything N64 related weather it be games, hardware, attachments, memories, or anything else you can think of. Also if anyone thinks that this shouldn't exist feel free to ask me to delete it or just do it yourself if you can, *looks at moderators*, so yeah I guess I'll start:

Right now I'm playing Zelda OoT, well more of speed running it, It's just "practice" but so far I am right before I wrong warp to Ganon's death and I am 14 minutes in. That's pretty good for me at least. And yes, I had to loo up all of the glitches.

It's by far my favorite console. Finally starting up Hybrid Heaven, it's got some pretty interesting RPG elements but the story is unintentionally hilarious.

I didn't know you could glitch the game that bad. I remember the first time I played it, I was renting it and I didn't like playing in the Deku Tree so I kept running towards that "one squatting guy" and I glitched through him and started just roaming around the world. Could never get it to do it again.

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - Arjahn - 04-05-2013

Also, I'm gonna replay Paper Mario (64) pretty soon for the fifth time, I love that game so much.

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - BumblebeeCody - 04-05-2013

My favourite game for the N64 is Halo: Judgement

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - Reeves Reus - 04-05-2013

I never had a Nintendo 64...my parents thought that cardridges were old techonology so I ended up with a PSone which lasted 1 year...FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!

Yeap, sad story.

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - Psychospacecow - 04-05-2013

(04-05-2013, 04:32 PM)Reeves Reus Wrote: I never had a Nintendo 64...my parents thought that cardridges were old techonology so I ended up with a PSone which lasted 1 year...FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!

Yeap, sad story.

My ps1 lasted until about 3 years after the ps2 was announced, which we had transitioned to it was convenient.

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - Reeves Reus - 04-05-2013

(04-05-2013, 04:44 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 04:32 PM)Reeves Reus Wrote: I never had a Nintendo 64...my parents thought that cardridges were old techonology so I ended up with a PSone which lasted 1 year...FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!

Yeap, sad story.

My ps1 lasted until about 3 years after the ps2 was announced, which we had transitioned to it was convenient.

Like I said, sad story. :P

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - 2D Brain - 04-05-2013

Love me some Mischief Makers. That was my favorite game right up there with Ocarina of Time and Mario 64.

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - Xannidel - 04-05-2013

Space Station Silicon Valley
Super Mario 64
Mario Party 1-3
DK64
Resident Evil 2
Pilot Wings

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - 2D Brain - 04-05-2013

I remember Strider 2 was supposed to come out for N64 and never did. Probably would have been the best home version since, even though it had a lot of animation frames, the backgrounds were polygonal and there wouldn't have been any load times on the cartridge.

They probably canned it because it would have been a hard sell at cart prices, when the disc version retailed at $29.99.

Bangai-O (one of Treasure's games)... I always wanted to play that game, but the N64 version never released in the US. I got it on the Dreamcast years later, but from what I read the play mechanics were changed and now the immensity of your missile/laser blast was based on the proximity of enemy/bullets to your robot when you release your super attack.

I bet it played pretty well on the N64 controller too, because it was about shooting directionally with the face buttons and Treasure were experts at taking advantage of whatever platform they developed a game on.

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - Koopaul - 04-06-2013

This was the era when colorful cartoony platform heroes were still all the rage. You know instead of brown and grey space marines we have today.

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - Antwan - 04-06-2013

The N64 is such a pain to emulate at times, it seems. Such a shame because there were some good games on it, even if the library was pretty lacking. Also, I think there are some games that, now revisited, don't seem as good as I remember them to be... most notably Donkey Kong 64. I forgot how much backtracking you gotta do in that game...

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - Hipserious - 04-06-2013

(04-05-2013, 09:06 PM)Xannidel Wrote: Space Station Silicon Valley
Super Mario 64
Mario Party 1-3
DK64
Resident Evil 2
Pilot Wings

Body Harvest
Banjo Kazooie
Star Fox 64
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Ogre Battle 64
Rocket: Robot on Wheels

You can't go wrong when it comes to the 64.
Unless it's Superman, than you can go very wrong, very fast.

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - retrolinkx - 04-06-2013

My N64 doesn't want to work for some reason, or at least connect to the TV.

I tried setting it up a month ago, but it just died on me, and I couldn't. It still works and all, but it just doesn't output on the TV.

I only wanted to play Goldeneye.

RE: Nintendo sixty-FOUUUUUUR! - BumblebeeCody - 04-06-2013

(04-06-2013, 06:12 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: My N64 doesn't want to work for some reason, or at least connect to the TV.

I tried setting it up a month ago, but it just died on me, and I couldn't. It still works and all, but it just doesn't output on the TV.

I only wanted to play Goldeneye.
Can we have a moment of silence please, everyone?