VGFacts
Switch Ports of Wii U Games? - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Main (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Trivia Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Switch Ports of Wii U Games? (/thread-3715.html)

Switch Ports of Wii U Games? - CuriousUserX90 - 12-14-2016

Before you add "Switch" to some Games already up, I should clarify. C'mon, ports of Wii U Games on the Switch. There's new games that should come to their series' that the fanbase would be willing to play. Let's see if I can dismiss some.

Of course, the reason for releasing Breath of the Wild on the Switch and Wii U would be the same reason Twilight Princess was released on the Wii and Gamecube?

What you saw of Splatoon in that Switch reveal trailer could actually be a Splatoon follow up. Splatoon is Nintendo's first New IP since Pikmin, and it would be great if that were to become a franchise.

What you saw that looked like a Mario Kart 8 port might actually be Mario Kart 9, which runs on the same engine. King Boo as we know wasn't in MK8 for instance. Like with Smash Bros., there's 1 new game per system.

And a port of the Wii U Version of Smash 4? C'mon, it's the Wii U Version of Smash 4 is called Super Smash Bros. for Wii U for a reason, and it's paired with a handheld version called Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. Each Smash Bros. game for each system is based on newer games since the recent one, and surely a Super Smash Bros. game on the Switch wouldn't not have stuff from games that released since Smash 4 like Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Fire Emblem Fates, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Pokemon Sun & Moon, Breath of the Wild, and Switch Games that arrive in the years to come. Like Mario Kart, there's 1 new game per system.

Sorry if I'm talking about this on the wrong page, but we should see for ourselves in that Switch Direct in January.

RE: Switch Ports of Wii U Games? - Psychospacecow - 12-14-2016

I'm not entirely sure what the question here is.

RE: Switch Ports of Wii U Games? - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-15-2016

(12-14-2016, 10:23 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I'm not entirely sure what the question here is.

Probably something among the lines of "while there's a probability that some games from the WII u are going the get ported to the switch, don't add the 'switch' part on the games until it is confirmed that those games are actually getting ported"

Well, that's my interpretation of it.

RE: Switch Ports of Wii U Games? - Kakariko Kid - 12-15-2016

^ ditto

RE: Switch Ports of Wii U Games? - CuriousUserX90 - 12-15-2016

(12-15-2016, 07:10 AM)Space Jockey Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 10:23 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I'm not entirely sure what the question here is.

Probably something among the lines of "while there's a probability that some games from the WII u are going the get ported to the switch, don't add the 'switch' part on the games until it is confirmed that those games are actually getting ported"

Well, that's my interpretation of it.

Well, you can now put the Switch part on the Breath of the Wild, Yooka-Laylee and Project Sonic 2017 pages now (the latter of which doesn't have a VGFacts Page currently), but not for Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon until they're proven to be ports and not new games altogether (as I said above, MK8 didn't have King Boo).