VGFacts
The gaming related ventilation thread! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The gaming related ventilation thread! (/thread-378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Kakariko Kid - 08-23-2014

I had bought some Wii points to download games. I got my favorite two Zeldas, but they don't have Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. I settled for Yoshi's Story, but I wanted Yoshi's Island so badly. Memories of a Mario game that was away from the norm (why I love Majora's Mask), spending my summer's at my grandmother's house while my parents worked and playing games. That was on the list of those games. Ugh.
I have a SNES, but my rf adapter is shorting out. I'd buy it for that system, but couldn't play it right yet.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 08-23-2014

Watching other people play puzzle games is painful. Really, really painful. Never do that, ever. Pisses me off when people can't figure out the easiest of things and blame the game. Then, when you give them advice after they start losing faith they either get pissed at you for trying to help or just generally don't listen to your help AT ALL.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 08-23-2014

(08-23-2014, 12:04 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Watching other people play puzzle games is painful. Really, really painful. Never do that, ever. Pisses me off when people can't figure out the easiest of things and blame the game.

[Insert Game Grumps joke here]

I agree. I'm not sure if your talking about someone in real life, but the people on the internet really need to make sure that they are good at puzzles before uploading videos showing how bad they are.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 08-23-2014

(08-23-2014, 01:03 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(08-23-2014, 12:04 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Watching other people play puzzle games is painful. Really, really painful. Never do that, ever. Pisses me off when people can't figure out the easiest of things and blame the game.

[Insert Game Grumps joke here]

I agree. I'm not sure if your talking about someone in real life, but the people on the internet really need to make sure that they are good at puzzles before uploading videos showing how bad they are.

Or at least if they do these things live they should listen to the viewers. Nobody wants to watch you being stuck on the same screen for over 30 minutes.

In the case it's a pre-recorded video, for the love of all that is holy, EDIT THE FIGURING OUT PART OUT. Nobody still wants to watch you being stuck on that same screen for half an hour.

Saying "Don't watch it then" isn't helping your cause because when you say that you are acknowledging there being something wrong with what you are doing. Edit. It's not hard. It'll save you from hate mail and your viewers from gray hairs.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - TheTrueBoss997 - 09-22-2014

I can't stand morons as my partners, I was playing League of Legends and I did my first PVP with Warwick. I was doing great and I couldn't protect one of my partners because I wasn't gonna make it, they immediately start lashing out at me. They said I was feeding (even though I had only 3 deaths) and started to make my team and enemies hate me because I couldn't protect them. It was fucking idiotic, it was also 3 v 5 so that didn't make our chances any greater. Sometimes these people get on my fucking nerves because they can't accept their own mistake and find someone else to lash out at.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - GameWizard001 - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 04:37 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: I can't stand morons as my partners, I was playing League of Legends and I did my first PVP with Warwick. I was doing great and I couldn't protect one of my partners because I wasn't gonna make it, they immediately start lashing out at me. They said I was feeding (even though I had only 3 deaths) and started to make my team and enemies hate me because I couldn't protect them. It was fucking idiotic, it was also 3 v 5 so that didn't make our chances any greater. Sometimes these people get on my fucking nerves because they can't accept their own mistake and find someone else to lash out at.

Had the same problem in Destiny when we are doing the Strike Missions. Basically it is a team of 3 going against the NPCs and a really strong Boss. Well the boss fight in itself is relatively simple, but becomes complicated with the horde of NPCs coming after you forcing you from cover.

One area had these higher ledges to be on so you get the high ground. The problem with them though is they have no cover what so ever and also leave you exposed to the other enemies that are on the same high level as you.

My two dumbass partners at the time (random choosing, don't know them) both at one point or another go up to these ledges and die. Dumbass #1 dies because he is a dumbass but Dumbass #2 is worst because he tries to go and save Dumbass #1. So they are both dead, I'm left on my own and the horde is gunning for me now since I'm all that is left. I try to find cover and safety till one or both revive on their own but then I die because I have to support.

The other moment was when I die and one of them tries to rescue me in the middle of a enemy grouping. You can already see the result. They should know by now that they should leave me alone and let me wait to respawn or have one guy give cover fire and draw the enemies away while another comes and revives me.

I don't play these types of shooting/multiplayer games but I learned that concept pretty quickly with no one to tell me. What's their excuse?

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 09-22-2014

My game keeps on crashing!!!! I know I bought the game used n Amazon but the game is almost brand new. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!?!?!?!

Well you see. Tron 2.0 was a very buggy PC game. After launch, the game was patched, but those patches made the bugs worse. When it was ported to the Xbox (under the subtitle Killer App), I think the patched version was what was ported.

So now I have to deal with a game that crashes randomly and does not auto save. I hate games that don't have auto save and having a game that could crash at any second means that the game can get on my nerves very easily.

Lastly, Auto Load sould be restart in the game. Auto Load sounds like your going to load your last save, not restart the mission.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Arjahn - 10-10-2014

My PC's been in repair for two months now, and the stranger in Nevada I sent/RMA'd my motherboard to TWO WEEKS AGO just said "hey I'm not really repairing your motherboard and we don't have anymore in stock here's a refund and you're out fifteen bucks of shipping order a new model somewhere lol"

In the meantime, I've had to resort to my old Mac for pc gamin', which is a horrible piece of poop that can't even run Source games above ten frames per second. Thankfully, I got back into Guild Wars 2 with a buddy and managed to train a guardian from 0 to 48 in a few weeks. I've been getting really into the game and training my Armorsmithing and all of that fun stuff, the first MMO I've really cared about, BUT UNDER DECREE OF THE HIGH COUNCIL OF 'HEY-THAT-ARJAHN-DUDE-IS-HAVING-FUN-ON-A-PC-LET'S-STOP-THAT, I started getting an error that doesn't let me use the Trading Post without crashing. The Trading Post is pretty god damn essential for everything in Guild Wars, and now I just can't use it. Apparently I'm not the only Mac user running into this issue, and Tech Support is taking it's sweet time. Normally I'd be more understanding, but god dammit guys I can't play anything else right now :(

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 10-10-2014

We could play that Monaco you gifted me :P

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 10-16-2014

Wow, Brushel is the worst person to cross examine in Apollo Justice.

You'd think his tell was on his face, where so much movement is occurring, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, It's on his fucking body a place where no movement or anything occurs.

I mean holy shit, give Apollo the worst power of the three and then make it difficulty to fucking find.

Hell, it's not like making the character sprite black and white wasn't hard enough but MAKING THE TELL something that is so difficult to see BECAUSE the sprite is black and white is even harder.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - RyeoNox - 10-18-2014

I understand that developers are trying to add cinematic feels to the game. But a game is not a movie. So please, don't add 2 black bars to the top and bottom of the screen. Geez.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Zaliphone - 10-18-2014

(10-18-2014, 11:48 AM)RyeoNox Wrote: I understand that developers are trying to add cinematic feels to the game. But a game is not a movie. So please,  don't add 2 black bars to the top and bottom of the screen. Geez.

I think they're well within their artistic rights to specify a set aspect ratio for the game. I just looked up some gameplay and the space isn't entirely wasted, as there seems to be UI that sometimes appears there. I don't see any issue with a wider aspect ratio if that's the way the game was intended to be played and designed around.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 10-20-2014

I want to show you guys something. My mom once asked me, "Why do you rant about people not liking video games? It's not like it matters."

Today I had a group poll on a website I vist often here it is:

Do you think today's video games are too violent?

Awnsers:
I play video games and I think they are too violent

I play video games and I don't think they are too violent

I don't play video games, but I think they are too violent

I don't play video games and don't think they are too violent

I don't know

"I don't play video games, but I think they are too violent" is the highest with 38%. The kicker is a comment that was added under the poll. A user put : "These "games" were originally designed for the military to train soldiers for combat. Too violent for kids or teens definitely. I don't really think they are appropriate for anyone but military. Playing them desensitize or detaches the player from the actual bloody consequences of his actions."

I fucking HATE these types of people. profiling all games in with the really bad ones. I hate the people that think I will kill just becuse I play Resident Evil, GTA, or Call of Duty. If these things were meant to kill, I would be beyond bars by now. If you don't like it, fine just don't ruin my fun in the prosses. If you need me, I'll be squishing birds with a giant egg.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Berry - 10-20-2014

(10-20-2014, 02:06 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I want to show you guys something. My mom once asked me, "Why do you rant about people not liking video games? It's not like it matters."

Today I had a group poll on a website I vist often here it is:

Do you think today's video games are too violent?

Awnsers:
I play video games and I think they are too violent

I play video games and I don't think they are too violent

I don't play video games, but I think they are too violent

I don't play video games and don't think they are too violent

I don't know

"I don't play video games, but I think they are too violent" is the highest with 38%. The kicker is a comment that was added under the poll. A user put : "These "games" were originally designed for the military to train soldiers for combat. Too violent for kids or teens definitely. I don't really think they are appropriate for anyone but military. Playing them desensitize or detaches the player from the actual bloody consequences of his actions."

I fucking HATE these types of people. profiling all games in with the really bad ones. I hate the people that think I will kill just becuse I play Resident Evil, GTA, or Call of Duty. If these things were meant to kill, I would be beyond bars by now. If you don't like it, fine just don't ruin my fun in the prosses. If you need me, I'll be squishing birds with a giant egg.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - BumblebeeCody - 10-20-2014

(08-23-2014, 12:04 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Watching other people play puzzle games is painful. Really, really painful. Never do that, ever. Pisses me off when people can't figure out the easiest of things and blame the game. Then, when you give them advice after they start losing faith they either get pissed at you for trying to help or just generally don't listen to your help AT ALL.

Stop watching DSP, dude.